OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

7 minutes ago, nikoel said:

Let's just say you've drunk stumbled your way across a busy motorway and made to the other side

Oi! That's my trick!

Although to be fair he's just used my installation package 😉

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

hey trying to understand everything i setup in the game.

can someone explain the lines:

enableHiddenMeshFix=disabled
projEye0Top=-1.050609
projEye0Bottom=1.054611
projEye0Left=-1.162030
projEye0Right=0.988473
projEye1Top=-1.043035
projEye1Bottom=1.059019
projEye1Left=-0.989877
projEye1Right=1.156349
 --i thought it was dealing with eye alignment in game but i understand it is more about cutting pixels around the image to save performance is that right? if yes why is it not symetrical?

also thoose lines:

forceConnectedTouch=disabled
renderCustomHands=disabled

what if you enabled thoose options?

---also do you have guys to setup each time wmr debug tool? even if i save my config next time i boot the game the view is upside down

thanks a lot

Edited by Tony86

Did some more testing and also included the newest vrperfkit 0.3.

This is an absolute game changer for me! 

Even on my 1080 I have clearer view, better tracking, no shimmering.

Still force reprojection on due to missions, but even when i have it disabled i can maintain a solid FPS in an empty flight.

VR future is looking much brighter! Can't wait for my upgrade to the 4000 series end of this year! 

( Going to try to do the same for IL2 )

Edited by Quekel
  • Like 1

I wasn't aware that vrperfkit worked alongside?

edit: nope vrperfkit 0.3 doesn't work with openxr for me, it shouldn't do so either as it only supports oculus and openvr APIs.  Once the openxr fsr upscaling is fixed then that should unleash another good chunk of performance.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

Verson 0.5 released, repacked for ovgme mod manager (and others probably!)

All working as intended 🙂 OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.5.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

forceConnectedTouch=enabled
is what you want for \bin\opencomposite.ini, otherwise the mouse click wont work with the reverb G2.
I never use controllers but it seems that this somehow affects the mouse in cockpit.
Its the default setting, so unless it says = disabled in your ini you can leave it blank
26 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Verson 0.5 released, repacked for ovgme mod manager (and others probably!)

All working as intended 🙂 OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.5.zip

thanks is there a changelog?

Edited by winghunter
why is this forum editor so bad

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

Check the GitHub, I've only repacked the files into the right places for mod manager deployment 🙂

• nikoel changed the title to [Update 20/3 V0.5] OpenXR Quickstart Guide (For G2, G1 and other Headsets)

So to recap, is it working with G2?
And is it working with vrperfkit with nis scaling? (I prefer it over fsr).
Last,I havecalready installed vrperfkit, need I to delete the two files and install all the latest package posted above with OVGME?
Thx, really noob VR player here...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Getting a black screen.

Followed all the steps and initially I had a very overlapped image but then when I restarted again I only get a black image.
Reverb G2 Rev2.

Edited by MA_Goblin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

2 minutes ago, MA_Goblin said:

Followed all the steps and initially I had a very overlapped image but then when I restarted again I only get a black image.
Reverb G2 Rev2.

I had the same black screen when launching DCS with the 0.5 OVGME install by Edmuss. I swapped out the open composite ini with the one posted by OP and it worked. Image was good, but juddery when dropping below 90fps as I would expect (I don't know how people can put up with this)    

I then turned on Motion Reprojection in XR and had the same black screen issues again. Tried automatic and always on to no avail. Launches fine disabled but without reprojection the game is unplayable for me. 

Looks like this shows promise, but I'll wait until reprojection works properly. 

• Thanks 1

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

51 minutes ago, MA_Goblin said:

Reverb G2 Rev2.

Clear your environment data. That seems to fix it for me.

Reverb G2; Initial back to back test on Syria, on the ground, in F/A-18:

Steam VR: ~33-45 FPS, juddery mess

Opencomposite: ~43-45 FPS, Butter smooth!

On my R5 5600x and 1080ti system, with SteamVR I had to play with a PD of 0.7 ingame to not get a sickening juddery image. With Opencomposite, I can easily run it at 1 PD without any judders. Even when I am getting approximately the same FPS in both cases, Opencomposites is much much smoother.

Edited by Amerik

16 minutes ago, Amerik said:

Reverb G2; Initial back to back test on Syria, on the ground, in F/A-18:

Steam VR: ~33-45 FPS, juddery mess

Opencomposite: ~43-45 FPS, Butter smooth!

On my R5 5600x and 1080ti system, with SteamVR I had to play with a PD of 0.7 ingame to not get a sickening juddery image. With Opencomposite, I can easily run it at 1 PD without any judders. Even when I am getting approximately the same FPS in both cases, Opencomposites is much much smoother.

is this with reprojection enabled in XR?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

46 minutes ago, 98abaile said:

Clear your environment data. That seems to fix it for me.

Have cleared everything and followed all instructions to the letter but still get black screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

I had the black screen after starting DCS and had to restart my system to get rid of it. I think opencomposite can hang up sometimes when you close DCS and then open it again.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

2 hours ago, winghunter said:

I had the black screen after starting DCS and had to restart my system to get rid of it. I think opencomposite can hang up sometimes when you close DCS and then open it again.

same here using the win+Y method with my G2.

when having one black screen, no way to get rid of it. i am cleaning/repairing the game to check if it is better. next time i will try only to reboot computer to see if it is enough to get back in the game.

Can confirm this has amazing results. I have similar (slightly higher) FPS but now able to increase render scale from 100% to 150% in OpenXR (1.0 PD in DCS) - stays around 40-45fps mark and silky smooth. Also enable Resizable BAR in my motherboard BIOS but hard to tell difference.

Update - just tried maxing out all settings (shadows, clouds, textures - all high/ultra) and flying low-level over Syria cities and it still keeps it at 40-45 fps and smooth. Sometimes dips to 35 but you don't really notice unless you look at the fps counter. 

I have a 3080 with a 5600x CPU, G2 headset.

Edited by Hadeda

3 hours ago, MA_Goblin said:

Have cleared everything and followed all instructions to the letter but still get black screen.

Have you run the cleaning function of the DCS updater? Use Skatezilla's updater program to make it easier.

1 minute ago, Hadeda said:

Can confirm this has amazing results. I have similar (slightly higher) FPS but now able to increase render scale from 100% to 150% in OpenXR (1.0 PD in DCS) - stays around 40-45fps mark and silky smooth. Also enable Resizable BAR in my motherboard BIOS but hard to tell difference.

Increased saturation for all three primary colours from 50 to 60 in the Appearance tab in OpenXR Toolkit but haven't tried doing any further tweaking. 

I have a 3080 with a 5600x CPU.

One of the things that seems to have become apparent is that OpenXR will limit your frame rate to a number with a compatible factor to your headset depending on the frame timing. If it can reliably reach 45FPS, it'll peg at 45 FPS. If however there's enough overhead that it could reach steady 89FPS (90 is the next step), it'll still peg at 45FPS. So if you're getting a steady 45FPS but can't reach 90, consider increasing some of your settings to get a better graphical experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 98abaile said:

Have you run the cleaning function of the DCS updater? Use Skatezilla's updater program to make it easier.

One of the things that seems to have become apparent is that OpenXR will limit your frame rate to a number with a compatible factor to your headset depending on the frame timing. If it can reliably reach 45FPS, it'll peg at 45 FPS. If however there's enough overhead that it could reach steady 89FPS (90 is the next step), it'll still peg at 45FPS. So if you're getting a steady 45FPS but can't reach 90, consider increasing some of your settings to get a better graphical experience.

Yes, I have cleaned it with Saktezilla's utility and manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't seem to have SteamVR from launching.  I do have this "unticked": 

4. Make sure that WMRP -> Settings -> Startup & Desktop -> Automatic Start Up -> SteamVR automatic launch is unticked

Is there some other config/setting for DCS, stop the Steam from launching?  When I kill off SteamVR, it also kills the DCS startup.  (I am following OP's install/launch directions).

TIA,

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control