OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

3 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Are you "Jabbah"?

Capture.JPG

I know, it's difficult to browse through a 27 Page long Thread, but this has been answered several Time in the last 24 hours. I just copy & paste my last answer to this Question here. And "yes" somethings wheird with this Path in the Error Message:

Set Pixel Density in DCS to 1.0, and don't use OpenXR Toolset. (Disable it in the OpenXR Toolset Settings Menu). I used an external Program to lauch DCS World without VR to reset the PD in DCS, because after I've modified DCS with the OpenXR Mod I couldn't start it, because of the same Error you get.

The external Launcher I've used https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312032/

• Like 1

Are you "Jabbah"?

Capture.thumb.JPG.f669d6d69a31ed46202f136caffc7035.JPG

Oh thank you))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

32 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

I know, it's difficult to browse through a 27 Page long Thread, but this has been answered several Time in the last 24 hours. I just copy & paste my last answer to this Question here. And "yes" somethings wheird with this Path in the Error Message:

Set Pixel Density in DCS to 1.0, and don't use OpenXR Toolset. (Disable it in the OpenXR Toolset Settings Menu). I used an external Program to lauch DCS World without VR to reset the PD in DCS, because after I've modified DCS with the OpenXR Mod I couldn't start it, because of the same Error you get.

The external Launcher I've used https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312032/

I set PD to 1.0, but no luck-same error

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

whew boy...

only thing keeping me from running max graphics is clouds at ultra...gotta turn them down to standard if I dont want a slide show at 30fps, but hell I got 4x MSAA comfortably running in vr now. That aint never happened! Like literally no difference in FPS between 2x and 4x right now, but definitely tell its on.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

If your looking for a good way to launch this is what I use easy to setup and one click

DCS Shortcut Generator v1.2 by Bailey (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 2

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

Does installing the DCS specific XR toolkit override the pre-existing XR toolkit? I use XR toolkit for MSFS and I dont want this install to mess with that one. 

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

4 minutes ago, Ghostman said:

If your looking for a good way to launch this is what I use easy to setup and one click

DCS Shortcut Generator v1.2 by Bailey (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Kinda figured that was what DCS updater utility was for other than launching. Ill give this a shot.

1 minute ago, JG27_Arklight said:

Does installing the DCS specific XR toolkit override the pre-existing XR toolkit? I use XR toolkit for MSFS and I dont want this install to mess with that one. 

From the looks of it, no..its in addition to. I just used it a few moments ago in-game and worked just fine.

• Thanks 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Kinda figured that was what DCS updater utility was for other than launching. Ill give this a shot.

From the looks of it, no..its in addition to. I just used it a few moments ago in-game and worked just fine.

Thanks!!!

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

6 minutes ago, JG27_Arklight said:

5 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

As noted by Hammer-1, I've had no issues with the Toolkit, going between DCS and M$F$.  Works great.

• Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

21 hours ago, winghunter said:

From this post, it looks like the 45 fps stutters could be an issue of the G2 headset (software), rather than a problem with DCS.

I'm more inclined to believe that user has issues (a year ago) because they are trying to push a G2 and DCS with a Ryzen 3600, 2070 and 16gb RAM. They don't even seem to realize they are talking about motion reprojection when their fps "mysteriously" goes from 90fps to 45fps. Sometimes (a lot of times) the issue is user error. This super long thread is rife with it. 

• Like 2

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

Update: below error related to OpenXR Toolkit on my system, clicking "Disable the OpenXR Toolkit" solved it so DCS starts in VR mode, but without the functionallity provided by OpexXR Toolkit ofc.

Getting the below error on new DCS ver:  2.7.11.22041 Open Beta. Using OpenCompositeACC 0.6.2 and OpenXR Toolkit Beta #3 (1.0.4). U guys get the same?

image.png

Cheers

Edited by Slo-Mo

Core i9 12900KF | ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64GB DDR5 5200MHz | 3 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | MSI MAG 322CQR 32´ | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle | Thrusmaster T-Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 11

Well OpenXR does not cut it for me. It runs worse at whatever % res i set it to, it sucks even at 20%, does not matter if I have 2xAA off or on. SteamVR runs very smoothly at 100% res. @2xAA. I can wait for multithreading no prob.

Glad for anyone who finds it improving things.

5600x, 3070, 32GB, Win11.

4 hours ago, Sr. said:

If haze is your primary reason for running Reshade (like me ), try running Taz's fix on Kegety's shader mod. He included a haze fix.

https://forum.dcs.world/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=259228&key=122f872847c371bc09ca14830b8a4102 124.87 kB · 347 downloads

I haven't used VRNS in a while, will check if it's working on mine later. OpenXR should show a user interface in DCS if running. I believe the default to trigger it is Ctrl+F2.

Make sure you don't have a DCS function bound to that. You can also set your own from the OXR companion app.

I set mine to Alt+up down left right

oxrca.JPG

Thank you so much for the input. 

- I did install the shader. Did it manually as OVGME didnt work (because overwriting is necessary?). Can't tell the difference. Would need a key to compare like HOME with reshade 4.9

- Me being an idiot didnt install OpenXR Toolkit. Did this like in initial post. But I cant open menu it in DCS although its open on desktop. Took away CTRL+F2 from the default mapping in DCS but still I cant open it. 

- Bonus question: is 1.0 in Dev Settings of OpenXR equal to 100% in SteamVR?

EDIT: Looks like OVGME didnt overwrite OCXR WMR ACC too so I have to try again anyway 😄

Edited by Bisch

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

13 hours ago, Dragondal said:

Hi ,

I tried installing as per guide above I have tried OVGME and manually adding the files .when I launch DCS in VR I keep getting this error. I have tried everything but no luck .Any Ideas???

Openxr error DCS.JPG

I posted on this above also. What i did, not sure which resolved it, 

1. Removed, and re-installed OpenXR Developer Tools for Windows Mixed reality, from the Microsoft APP store. 

2. Re-booted machine, 

3. Made sure WMR is not running when i start DCS. 

Note i followed only the 3 key instructions (no additional addons etc).  

1. Dropped the 3 recommended files (from the OCXR_WMR_ACC package) into the BIN folder, 
  2. Set WMR not to start steam, 
  3. Installed the OpenXR dev tools. 

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

OK, OpenXR seems to run but DCS crashes everytime I load a mission at 50% - with or without additional shader

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Very positive experience for me also..

What i like/notice. 

1. Can have significantly better frames or better image quality, or balance of both. 
  2. Can run now without motion smoothing, so getting the benefit of higher frames.
  3. No strobing of the image during the loading (now reverts to black, much less irritating). 
  4. No STEAM VR needed (and it frequent updating of steam). 
  5. Much faster load up. 

Overall much better VR experience with DCS and my G1 (still some life in the old yet!)

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

47 minutes ago, Bisch said:

Thank you so much for the input. 

- I did install the shader. Did it manually as OVGME didnt work (because overwriting is necessary?). Can't tell the difference. Would need a key to compare like HOME with reshade 4.9

- Me being an idiot didnt install OpenXR Toolkit. Did this like in initial post. But I cant open menu it in DCS although its open on desktop. Took away CTRL+F2 from the default mapping in DCS but still I cant open it. 

- Bonus question: is 1.0 in Dev Settings of OpenXR equal to 100% in SteamVR?

EDIT: Looks like OVGME didnt overwrite OCXR WMR ACC too so I have to try again anyway 😄

If your'e DCS install is anywhere downstream of :\Program Files\ it might be a permissions issue.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Just now, Sr. said:

If your'e DCS install is anywhere downstream of :\Program Files\ it might be a permissions issue.

it's directly installed to C:\

1 hour ago, Slo-Mo said:

Update: below error related to OpenXR Toolkit on my system, clicking "Disable the OpenXR Toolkit" solved it so DCS starts in VR mode, but without the functionallity provided by OpexXR Toolkit ofc.

Getting the below error on new DCS ver:  2.7.11.22041 Open Beta. Using OpenCompositeACC 0.6.2 and OpenXR Toolkit Beta #3 (1.0.4). U guys get the same?

image.png

Cheers

IS Jabbah an actual user account on your system?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

9 minutes ago, Sile said:

Jabbah is the developer of opencompositeACC

right...

--Arthur C Clark

All of the error codes give a reference back to the folder in Jabbah's. I would guess that's where he was developing it and the error code texts could be coded in somehow based on that location.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.