OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

So any news on whether Eagle Dynamics will start to officially support this? Seems like it might be a much better bet than SteamVR. It's also not linked to Steam, and coincidentally the Steam store, which can only be a PLUS in ED's eyes right?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

It's not clear how, when or if OXR will work with Vulkan.  My bet is, it will eventually, and ED will integrate OXR along with Vulkan.  

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

So any news on whether Eagle Dynamics will start to officially support this? Seems like it might be a much better bet than SteamVR. It's also not linked to Steam, and coincidentally the Steam store, which can only be a PLUS in ED's eyes right?

Open XR support along with TAA would go a long way in improving performance for DCS in VR imho.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yea in house implementation would be ideal.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

When I open the OXR settings in game "CTRL+F2" I think it was...  I don't get settings for color etc...

What did I do wrong?  Or are those setting somewhere else?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

4 minutes ago, TED said:

Just got home after a week and updated everything and now scs won't open with openxr. Did a repair and clean. Used the new openxr composite link to update tools. 

Any ideas? I'm stuck.

20220428_205331.jpg

Try removing the opencomposite.ini from bin folder

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

5 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Try removing the opencomposite.ini from bin folder

Unfortunately that didn't help. 

No ideas right now. I've been using openxr for weeks without issue. Notbadded or modded anything except did the last update.

27 minutes ago, TED said:

Just got home after a week and updated everything and now scs won't open with openxr. Did a repair and clean. Used the new openxr composite link to update tools. 

Any ideas? I'm stuck.

20220428_205331.jpg

It's not clear how you installed OpenComposite. I'm guessing you used the opencomposite.exe installer?

If you did, it doesn't seem to work for DCS. DCS seems to continue to use its own openvr_api.dll. You'll need to download the new dll from the link below and copy that into your DCS bin folder.

https://znix.xyz/OpenComposite/download.php?arch=x64

Then rename or remove the D3DCompiler_47.dll.

You should be good to go then. Remember that an update of DCS will replace both of those files so you will need to do this again on each update / repair of DCS.

Edited by slughead

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

For the links you can find everything in the description of this video:

Obiouvsly you'll find the latest version for all files.

I uininstalled the old version of openxr toolkit not with windows uninstaller but i used Revo Uninstaller, with this software you can remove also the registry keys and all residual files in all locations of your PC.

For me works perfectly.

D.

Edited by Danguard
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danguard said:

For the links you can find everything in the description of this video:

Obiouvsly you'll find the latest version for all files.

I uininstalled the old version of openxr toolkit not with windows uninstaller but i used Revo Uninstaller, with this software you can remove also the registry keys and all residual files in all locations of your PC.

For me works perfectly.

D.

This is outdated (skips steps) it links back to to here and should not be used 

--------------------------------

Alright fam just confirming that everyone is on the same page with this

There are two places where you can get the .exe and I think there may be confusion which. You want the version with Jabbah's face on it - the /tree/openxr

The master version does not work

https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/master - Not this one

https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr - This One!

And to update to the new version the old OpenComposite (0.6.3) must be gone (Full clean/repair and extra file check)

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 1

Alright so bad news. We have blown up the OpenComposite server and exceeded the limit for the day. So on first launch the DLL's are not fetching. I believe it refreshes at 0-GMT and we get our download quota back

unknown.png

Edited by nikoel

50 minutes ago, nikoel said:

Could you please please please link directly to the download file instead of an overview page with lots of directory's and files?
If there is one thing that always confuses the hell out of me it's the Gitlab jungle. I never ever know what i need to download...

• Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

33 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Could you please please please link directly to the download file instead of an overview page with lots of directory's and files?
If there is one thing that always confuses the hell out of me it's the Gitlab jungle. I never ever know what i need to download...

The guide links directly (Page 1 Post 1) - but the download quota for the day has been exceeded 

48 minutes ago, nikoel said:

openvr_api.dllHere is the per app .dll that fearlessfrog was able to snatch before the show ground to a halt

This is not .exe - this is the per app install

I would recommend waiting a few hours for the quota to be reset but I know some of you wanted to install it this way

32 or 64?