OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

13 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

What does this phrase mean?  I've got everything installed and apparently running properly, so I guess I had that set properly, but I am curious.

Pixel Density. it is the first setting on the VR page in DCS

vor 18 Stunden schrieb GusPT:

G2 owner here and done all the steps but now DCS won't launch in VR mode, and the Mixed Reality Portal no longer starts automatically. I can see that the box is ticked, in the DCS options menu, but it's always in desktop mode.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I should say that I'd previously followed this guide around April, but did not install OpenComposite. I don't think it was mentioned there or I missed it, but did replace a few dll's in the bin folder and added the opencomposite.ini file. SteamVr was still launched but I did notice the sim was a lot smoother with a slightly better image clarity.

NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Driver version 512.95

Do the manual install.....helped me with the same problem!

See some posts above 😉

Got the tipp from @M1Combat

• Thanks 1

"...dont kill me because i´m calling the F-16 the Fighting Falcon...i´m born in 1977 ;)"

MY SYSTEM: Intel i9 13900KF @ 24x 3,0Ghz | MSI Pro Z690-A DDR5 | NVidia Geforce RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64Gb RAM @5200Mhz | Varjo Aero | 2x Samsung 980Pro M.2 NVMe SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Rudder | Win10 Pro | DCS Open Beta | Voice Attack
MOTION RIG: DOF Reality H6 with new SFU motors + Witmotion Sensor (Motion Compensation)
CURRENTLY FLYING: F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-14A/B Tomcat | AH-64D Apache

hi i have OpeenXR toolkit and Opencomposite installed and it's looks like working - i'm getting much more FPS. The problem - i can't get OpenXR toolkit to apear. Tried different hotkeys settings without luck. Anyone have an idea why it's happened?

I don't have Steam, just Oculus SW with Quest 2

thanks in advance

image.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

14 minutes ago, HiWay said:

hi i have OpeenXR toolkit and Opencomposite installed and it's looks like working - i'm getting much more FPS. The problem - i can't get OpenXR toolkit to apear. Tried different hotkeys settings without luck. Anyone have an idea why it's happened?

I don't have Steam, just Oculus SW with Quest 2

thanks in advance

image.png

Try different hotkeys. Try ALT + CTRL WASD (For up down right and left)

Not in front of my computer but isn't the latest version 1.1.2 and this looks two version behind?

Also I don't know how it works with Oculus, but you are aware that the window only appears inside of VR in DCS?

You can also have a look at the log file via the 'open log file' button

Edited by nikoel

2 hours ago, nikoel said:

Try different hotkeys. Try ALT + CTRL WASD (For up down right and left)

Not in front of my computer but isn't the latest version 1.1.2 and this looks two version behind?

Also I don't know how it works with Oculus, but you are aware that the window only appears inside of VR in DCS?

You can also have a look at the log file via the 'open log file' button

istalled the latest v1.12, chaged the hotkeys - same result, can't OpenXR toolkit menue in VR. In the new version of OpenXR toolkit no option to select "Enable Experemental Settings" is it ok?

thanks

image.png

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

4 hours ago, HiWay said:

istalled the latest v1.12, chaged the hotkeys - same result, can't OpenXR toolkit menue in VR. In the new version of OpenXR toolkit no option to select "Enable Experemental Settings" is it ok?

thanks

image.png

Fwiw make sure you're wearing the headset when you use the keybinds. It wasn't showing in the mirror image on monitor for me at least 

2 hours ago, Jive said:

Fwiw make sure you're wearing the headset when you use the keybinds. It wasn't showing in the mirror image on monitor for me at least 

Sure i'm with Quest 2 running but nothing happened. I have no Steam installed and Windows 11 if it's make a difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, HiWay said:

Sure i'm with Quest 2 running but nothing happened. I have no Steam installed and Windows 11 if it's make a difference.

I also quest 2 I run skatezilla app to start in steam mode and shows menu up only way I have managed it (steam VR not installed on machine)

7 hours ago, Jive said:

it doesnt show up in the mirror, yes you have to be wearing the headset.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

When I am running on my g2 I am seeing under the fps often now cpu bound 2-4 seconds how do I fix that or can I?

Thanks 

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

4 minutes ago, Ghostman said:

When I am running on my g2 I am seeing under the fps often now cpu bound 2-4 seconds how do I fix that or can I?

Thanks 

Get a 5800X3D/12900K

Reduce number of trees or compute (eg wake turbulence). Optimise windows so its running the minimum amount of background tasks available. @speed-of-heat has an excellent thread of what settings affect what titled something Like My 3090 Graphic Settings. You will find it just by scrolling first or second page usually

• Like 1

It's in my signature block

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

9 hours ago, Nighthawk 117 said:

I also quest 2 I run skatezilla app to start in steam mode and shows menu up only way I have managed it (steam VR not installed on machine)

thanks i'll try this way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys I am running a 5800x and a 3090 ti OC will check out his post

Edited by Ghostman

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

On 5/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, fastf1nger said:

Do the manual install.....helped me with the same problem!

See some posts above 😉

Got the tipp from @M1Combat

Thanks, and thank you @M1Combat, that fixed it for me.

1. Downloaded the 64-bit version, on the OpenXr branch https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr
  2. replaced openvr_api.dll,
  3. renamed D3DCompiler_47.dll to D3DCompiler_47dll.orig
  4. Run DCS
  5. Great success :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

This thread has grown into a monster, is there anything new in here I need to know? Perhaps the OP could update the original post if so? Churning through 80 pages just fills me with dread!!! I installed around 5 or 6 weeks back and it’s all working OK< just wondered if I was missing any new updates etc…….

thanks!

• Thanks 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

48 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

This thread has grown into a monster, is there anything new in here I need to know? Perhaps the OP could update the original post if so? Churning through 80 pages just fills me with dread!!! I installed around 5 or 6 weeks back and it’s all working OK< just wondered if I was missing any new updates etc…….

thanks!

The only significant change has been from opencomposite_ACC (which was the original openxr translation layer developed by Jabbah for Assetto Corsa Competizieone but in the mean time transferred across to DCS usage) being merged into the main branch of the original translation from openvr to openxr.  Functionally they're much the same, however there have been quite a few updates to the openxr toolkit by Mbucchia that gives much more options/control.

The current version is a global switching application that also allows you to define which programs use which VR api, it auto updates the api files when available and because it's a global install it doesn't need to replace any files within the DCS/bin directory.  @nikoel has updated the first page pretty religously so it should be up to date.  I recently switched from the original oc_acc (last released standalone version 0.6.3  I think) to the current global version without any problems*; my steps were as follows: -

Update DCS.
Clean and repair DCS with the slow option to remove any extraneous files.
Run the setup as per the first page instructions (I had already updared openxr tools to latest version).
Run DCS.
Profit.

*the only issue I had was with renaming the D3Dcompiler.dll didn't work and caused a hard crash of the openxr compositor with a -2 error.  I deleted the file from the bin folder and it's been perfect since.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

1 hour ago, KevyKevTPA said:

I did not take this step.  Will it speed up my VR if I do?

Dunno, this was part of the manual installation process (the per-game step on that link). The system wide installation did not work for me.

Thanks Edmuss

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.