OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

I have done a clean and updated as per 1st page. Only issue I have is that I cant get the toolkit window to appear when I press ctrl F2? The companion app says I have V1.1.2 in green, so all good there.....? My version also does not have the tickbox for experimental features showing in the app, but I guess thats been superceded....? 

8fb4ae6b2c215e3bafbdcc2040a8d726.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

19 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

I have done a clean and updated as per 1st page. Only issue I have is that I cant get the toolkit window to appear when I press ctrl F2? The companion app says I have V1.1.2 in green, so all good there.....? My version also does not have the tickbox for experimental features showing in the app, but I guess thats been superceded....? 

8fb4ae6b2c215e3bafbdcc2040a8d726.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the key to open the toolkit is the one for down - so in your case Ctrl down arrow

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hello!

I need to ask...

First, I do send 3 files into bin folder ("D3DCompiler_47.dll", "opencomposite.ini", "openvr_api.dll")
That is from the "OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.3" zip folder.

And I continue read the guide and see this:
"5) Delete your D3DCompiler_47.dll inside the Bin folder of your DCS Install "

So I need to delete this file I just put into my bin folder?

Edited by Kiptanoi

8 minutes ago, Kiptanoi said:

Hello!

I need to ask...

First, I do send 3 files into bin folder ("D3DCompiler_47.dll", "opencomposite.ini", "openvr_api.dll")
That is from the "OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.3" zip folder.

And I continue read the guide and see this:
"5) Delete your D3DCompiler_47.dll inside the Bin folder of your DCS Install "

So I need to delete this file I just put into my bin folder?

You shouldn't be adding any files with the global openxr installation, adding the files was for the old deprecated 0.6.3 version.

With the current version it needs the latest updated d3dcomplier to be in your Windows directory (installed as part of openxr) which it references when the out of date one in the bin folder is deleted.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

10 minutes ago, edmuss said:

You shouldn't be adding any files with the global openxr installation, adding the files was for the old deprecated 0.6.3 version.

With the current version it needs the latest updated d3dcomplier to be in your Windows directory (installed as part of openxr) which it references when the out of date one in the bin folder is deleted.

Thanks

I've got an odd issue, so previously using the system-wide installer OR the standalone (DCS local file version) I could launch DCS in VR without issue and all was good. However, after updating open composite (system-wide OR using the standalone DLLs) DCS never launches in VR just 2D. If I switch back to older versions of the stand alone DLLs then VR is fine. Any ideas?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

37 minutes ago, zildac said:

I've got an odd issue, so previously using the system-wide installer OR the standalone (DCS local file version) I could launch DCS in VR without issue and all was good. However, after updating open composite (system-wide OR using the standalone DLLs) DCS never launches in VR just 2D. If I switch back to older versions of the stand alone DLLs then VR is fine. Any ideas?

Im on the latest version of the system wide installer and it seems to be working fine in VR? 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Im on the latest version of the system wide installer and it seems to be working fine in VR? 
It's bizzare I know. All was fine and working with system wide and local... I installed IL2 and system wide nor newest local versions work. Older local version its fine still. I need to dig.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Check the VR tab in settings and see if "Enable VR" checkbox is ticked?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

6 minutes ago, Marco Schaap said:

Check the VR tab in settings and see if "Enable VR" checkbox is ticked?

Yeah, it is.

IL2 didnt change the system DLL did it ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Is the D3Dcompiler.dll file deleted? Also launch open composite.exe then select load and make sure the dcs icon shows up under the open composite runtime. You can right clock it and select 'always use open composite runtime'.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

IL2 didnt change the system DLL did it ?

It's  a good point, and it is the only thing that has changed. But I would have thought disabling and re-enabling  Open composite system-wide via the util would have reversed this. Also, the standalone DLLs available via the "per game" section of the site also exhibit the same issue when dropped into the DCS bin directory. However, going back to an earlier packaged version of the DLL (I think I got them from a post way further up) works as it should and VR launches no problem.

Per-Game DLL that doesn;t work - https://znix.xyz/OpenComposite/download.php?arch=x64

This is the version (standalone in bin directory) that works

Working-DLL-1.png

And this one is the latest from the link above, that just launches in 2D

It's also much smaller

2D-Only-DLL-1.png

2 hours ago, sze5003 said:
4 hours ago, zildac said:

Is the D3Dcompiler.dll file deleted? Also launch open composite.exe then select load and make sure the dcs icon shows up under the open composite runtime. You can right clock it and select 'always use open composite runtime'.

Yeah, the presence of that file causes a hard crash..I’ve renamed it, so I don't believe that's the issue. DCS is set to use Open Composite in the system-wide installer UI

I'm going to try a full repair and see how that goes.

Update: No difference after full repair, either the stand alone DLL or going the system-wide route just results in DCS launching in 2D...bloody odd!

Edited by zildac

I meant the D3DCompilier47.dll

but looking at it i would run a repair and start again 

3 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I meant the D3DCompilier47.dll

but looking at it i would run a repair and start again 

Ah I see. I've run the repair but the same. Going to try and zap IL2, but not sure if that's going to make any difference.

OK, the plot thickens. If I use Skatezillas app to Launch "VR ON" it works! But I've never launched DCS this way. The system settings page don't seem to reflect anything I've set, so I guess I need to work out how to "Launch VR" with my usual VR settings, which are saved to preset 2. I still have no idea why it doesn't launch into VR using the normal .exe though.

Scratch that it launched the mirror, but the HMD wasn't working. Realised It was set to Oculus, changed it to SteamVR and it launches in 2d 😄

Edited by zildac

57 minutes ago, zildac said:

OK, the plot thickens. If I use Skatezillas app to Launch "VR ON" it works! But I've never launched DCS this way. The system settings page don't seem to reflect anything I've set, so I guess I need to work out how to "Launch VR" with my usual VR settings, which are saved to preset 2. I still have no idea why it doesn't launch into VR using the normal .exe though.

Scratch that it launched the mirror, but the HMD wasn't working. Realised It was set to Oculus, changed it to SteamVR and it launches in 2d 😄

Did you add  -force_enable_VR  --force_steam_VR to the executable? I put a shortcut for launching in VR on my desktop with those attributes added on - requires one space prior to the initial dash.

I would note this is what I use with my Aero so not sure if the command might be different for other headsets. I don't think so though.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did you add  -force_enable_VR  --force_steam_VR to the executable? I put a shortcut for launching in VR on my desktop with those attributes added on - requires one space prior to the initial dash.
I haven't no, still running the G2 and never required it previously. Understand it's required for the Aero though.

1 hour ago, zildac said:

If i just click on the DCS.exe binary it does not launch into VR, unless, WMR is already up , or i use dcs.exe --force_enable_VR OR I use Skate's app(which is what skate is doing under the covers) , if i just use dcs.exe i at best get DCS in VR mode with no HMD

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

If i just click on the DCS.exe binary it does not launch into VR, unless, WMR is already up , or i use dcs.exe --force_enable_VR OR I use Skate's app(which is what skate is doing under the covers) , if i just use dcs.exe i at best get DCS in VR mode with no HMD

I always start Mixed reality portal, in fact usually when I power on the HMD it auto launches, then just run the DCS_Updater.exe. And it comes straight up into VR mode. I've always run it this way tbh. If I want pancake mode, I use Skates util and run "VR OFF".

yep i always run Skates app as well, and like you i power up WMR before i start, but i was interested in understanding the failure conditions, 

1)  start WMR first = works

2)  Use skates app/ flags = works

3)  dont start WMR first/dont use flags = fail

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

yep i always run Skates app as well, and like you i power up WMR before i start, but i was interested in understanding the failure conditions, 

1)  start WMR first = works

2)  Use skates app/ flags = works

3)  dont start WMR first/dont use flags = fail

👍 I think what's confusing me is that it's no dice for VR with anything other than the standalone (and older) DLLs...The system-wide installer worked fine previously too. Other than IL2 the only other thing that came down was a cumulative update for Win 11, and not a preview. So I'm stumped. I mean I can carry on using the stand-alone version that works, but at some point I'm going to want to upgrade as things evolve I'm sure.

Delete the d3d file in the DCS folder.  If that doesn't fix, ALOS do the manual install of the .dll for OpenComposite.  It's on the OC destructions page...  scroll down.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

16 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

Delete the d3d file in the DCS folder.  If that doesn't fix, ALOS do the manual install of the .dll for OpenComposite.  It's on the OC destructions page...  scroll down.

That file has already been zapped. Do you mean these? Because the 64bit DLL also just launches in 2D when palced in the bin directory...

Screenshot 2022-05-31 203201.png

hace 5 horas, zildac dijo:

Instead of launching through Skatezillas, I create a direct acess on my desktop (OPEN XR Dcs World Openbeta) for example, point it to the dcs.exe file in your bin main game folder and write after the slash --force_enable_VR, so it always launch in VR mode.

The only thing that you must remember is, everytime than DCS actualices (see the web) launch the DCS_updater.exe to download the new version.

image.png

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick