OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

5 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

Instead of launching through Skatezillas, I create a direct acess on my desktop (OPEN XR Dcs World Openbeta) for example, point it to the dcs.exe file in your bin main game folder and write after the slash --force_enable_VR, so it always launch in VR mode.

The only thing that you must remember is, everytime than DCS actualices (see the web) launch the DCS_updater.exe to download the new version.

image.png

Thanks, tried that, and it still launches in 2D with system-wide installer set to OpenComposite and DCS set to OpenComposite... I give up 🙂. For today

Screenshot 2022-05-31 203856.png

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I did mean that file yes.  I have no other suggestions.  I had an issue before where it would only launch in 2D unless I set OC back to use steam VR, then it would run steamvr just fine.  I had to place that 64bit .dll from the manual OC install in the bin folder or it wouldn't work.  Still the case for me and I'm not sure why.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

33 minutes ago, zildac said:

Thanks, tried that, and it still launches in 2D with system-wide installer set to OpenComposite and DCS set to OpenComposite... I give up 🙂. For today

I tried system wide installer with my Aero today and never could get the game to launch in VR with it. I gave up and went back to the per app method with the modified openvr file.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

35 minutes ago, zildac said:

You need "--" as I recall 🙂

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

8 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

You need "--" as I recall 🙂

Many hanks, yes you're right (guess who wasn't wearing his specs!) However, this now launches VR BUT as per using Skates App and "VR ON" the HMD has no effect on movement. It's just a static menu screen.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I would probably try resetting the environment in windows and WMR...  and maybe run the OXR environment once to see what you get in there.  Do you get head tracking in WMR before DCS?

I would probably try resetting the environment in windows and WMR...  and maybe run the OXR environment once to see what you get in there.  Do you get head tracking in WMR before DCS?

I've tried that unfortunately and it makes no odds. Yes, tracking is fine in wmr. As I mentioned using the older packaged version of the dll also still works, which is what's so confusing.

18 hours ago, zildac said:

I've got an odd issue, so previously using the system-wide installer OR the standalone (DCS local file version) I could launch DCS in VR without issue and all was good. However, after updating open composite (system-wide OR using the standalone DLLs) DCS never launches in VR just 2D. If I switch back to older versions of the stand alone DLLs then VR is fine. Any ideas?

Find your OpenComposite folder, open the Runtime folder and delete everything, than run the OpenComposite Switcher app again, it will auto update and your issue is more than likely fixed.  Some of the updates seem to corrupt with old settings files that remain.

Hi  I just wonder if anyone has got any clue of how to get the method to work for IL2 Battle x in Steam VR?

The method instructed from the beginning of the topic  works  very well in DCS , which has made a huge difference. However I tried it in IL2 Battle X under steam VR , the IL2  just either hung there forever or crushed to desk.

I have switched the runtime to  OpenComposite and copy the 3 files in OCXR(https://gitlab.com/Jabbah/opeien-composite-acc/-/releases)  

to the IL2 direct : ...bin/game/ ,  but the result was poor . 

Anyone has got any advice ?

2 hours ago, Nodak said:

Find your OpenComposite folder, open the Runtime folder and delete everything, than run the OpenComposite Switcher app again, it will auto update and your issue is more than likely fixed.  Some of the updates seem to corrupt with old settings files that remain.

Thanks, I'd already tried that by virtue of just deleting the entire folder, but the issue still persists.

It worked for me after I reversed everything to defaults and deleted all stuff.
Then I downloaded the right zip file (choose the right branch), unblocked the zip file (very important), extracted it and added "run as administrator" to the exe properties before the first start in the compatibility options.
But I need to do the manual install (put 64bit dll file to bin folder) also (unblock dll file, too). Then it worked.

I wasted some hours until I realised this unblock stuff. If you don't do it, the extracted files won't work and you don't get any warning or error messages.

Maybe this (unblock) information should be added the the guide?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

13 minutes ago, kaltokri said:

Then I downloaded the right zip file (choose the right branch), unblocked the zip file (very important), extracted it and added "run as administrator" to the exe properties before the first start in the compatibility options.
But I need to do the manual install (put 64bit dll file to bin folder) also (unblock dll file, too). Then it worked.

I wasted some hours until I realised this unblock stuff. If you don't do it, the extracted files won't work and you don't get any warning or error messages.

Can you clarify what you mean by "unblock" in this context please. Also, which archive are you referring to..I have been trying to use the individual DLL listed under the "per game" section of the OCC page.

3 hours ago, kaltokri said:

Same here, had to put the manual install 64 bit file in before it would work for me, which it works just fine without the Open Composite switcher with only that file in, so I removed the switcher.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

this is what I use to start in vr and revert to 2d and have no issues with DCS Shortcut Generator v1.2 by Baileyhttps://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319775/

Edited by Ghostman

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

En 31/5/2022 a las 21:40, zildac dijo:

Hey , you MUST put TWO "-" not one...this is the problem, two --, I see you only typed one.

Don't give uo and try this, 

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

34 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

Hey , you MUST put TWO "-" not one...this is the problem, two --, I see you only typed one.

Don't give uo and try this, 

Never worked for me with DCS. But yeah worth trying if he has not.

Edited by dburne

Don B

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Never worked for me with DCS. But yeah worth trying if he has not.

Well it has worked for a LOT of other people.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, zildac said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "unblock" in this context please. Also, which archive are you referring to..I have been trying to use the individual DLL listed under the "per game" section of the OCC page.

Unblocking files downloaded from the internet:

https://singularlabs.com/tips/how-to-unblock-a-zip-file-on-windows-10/

Maybe it only applies to people who use buildin Microsoft Defender instead of a third party anti virus program.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

1 hour ago, kaltokri said:

Unblocking files downloaded from the internet:

https://singularlabs.com/tips/how-to-unblock-a-zip-file-on-windows-10/

Maybe it only applies to people who use buildin Microsoft Defender instead of a third party anti virus program.

Gotcha, yeah that's not the issue in my case unfortunately

Updated the guide to include a blurb about Youtube Videos which are pure cancer and making things worse for the devs, and changed a few instructional steps to make it more waterproof (eg. no longer renaming, but deleting the .dll file) and additional troubleshooting with windows defender

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

OpenXR-Toolkit 1.1.3 is now available folks.

418DBC7E-6F4A-469D-A20D-18A7621C8257.png

Edited by slughead
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

Thank you Nikoel for your continued efforts :).

• Thanks 1

I know this post is for wmr users.
But is there a way for oculus users to use openxr
I know opencomposite works with oculus but only for SteamVR content.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

5 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

I know this post is for wmr users.
But is there a way for oculus users to use openxr
I know opencomposite works with oculus but only for SteamVR content.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

That is strange I used to use Open Composite with my Rift and IL-2 back in the day. Perhaps something has changed there since then.

Edited by dburne

Don B