OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

26 минут назад, mbucchia сказал:

Try to disable HAGS

@mbucchia Would it make sense for your app to take a registry check that HAGS is disabled and notify the user about possible issues if not? Thing is, tons of people are having issues with this and often come back with a false negative experience about your software because of this.

Just a food for thought, really love what you are doing🙂

Edited by Fiztex

RiftS isnt supported, why you installing it?
It should be supported..why do you say different?
Oculus natively support openxr is just an option in the software

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I have installed rsst to lock the frames but I cant get it do do anything? When I start it, nothing happens? Any ideas how it works or integrates? Its there installed in programs and I have all the components showing in apps on my start bar.......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You need to apply a framerate cap, you can do this globally or apply it to dcs.exe only.

Where it says framerate limit input a number and it will tie it down.

Note that it's a bit of a hack around and pegs your cpu at 22ms all the time.  I'm currently running 90Hz, reprojection off and getting 60-70fps in the KA50 and A10C, it's just as smooth as locking it down to 45fps with the current openxr toolkit.

image.png

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Hi Edmuss, my issue is that I cant get those windows you screenshot to appear when I start the app? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Right click on the RTSS icon in the notification area and go to settings/options/prefernces (whichever it is).  To be honest I would leave it uncapped though, openxr seems to run just as smoothly at 60fps as it does locked to 45.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

hey.

since last update (dcs and oxr toolkit) i cant play dcs in vr wtih oxr.

oxr developper tool for wmr is staying blank. i have uninstall everything but no way to solve it..any suggestions?

thanks

Screenshot (35).png

20 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Right click on the RTSS icon in the notification area and go to settings/options/prefernces (whichever it is).  To be honest I would leave it uncapped though, openxr seems to run just as smoothly at 60fps as it does locked to 45.

OK, cheers...I dont have performance issues currently so perhaps will leave it....one less thing in the chain of complication! But thx for pointing out how to use the RTSS

58 minutes ago, Tony86 said:

hey.

since last update (dcs and oxr toolkit) i cant play dcs in vr wtih oxr.

oxr developper tool for wmr is staying blank. i have uninstall everything but no way to solve it..any suggestions?

thanks

Screenshot (35).png

Yeah, same happens to me on occasion.  A PC restart works for me to clear up the issue.

i7 12700K,   RTX 4090,  MSI Z690 Carbon WiFi,  32GB x 2  DDR5 5200Mhz Ram,   Windows 11,    DCS Stand alone,   OpenXR Toolkit,   Pimax Crystal,   Thrustmaster Viper Stick with RealSimulator  FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra Base,    Winwing Orion 2 10th Anniversary with F-16EX Throttle Grip,    Virpil ACE Interceptor Pedals

18 minutes ago, Swamp Fox Loader said:

Yeah, same happens to me on occasion.  A PC restart works for me to clear up the issue.

solution:

uninstall everything

reboot pc

install everything from begining

job done

thanks man

8 hours ago, Fiztex said:

@mbucchia Would it make sense for your app to take a registry check that HAGS is disabled and notify the user about possible issues if not? Thing is, tons of people are having issues with this and often come back with a false negative experience about your software because of this.

Just a food for thought, really love what you are doing🙂

That HAGS issues should be fixed in OpenXR for WMR soon. I considered a check but reality is, people don't read messages from the app. I still get "how do I open the menu?" even though the instructions are displayed on screen 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

10 hours ago, Ciribob said:

Finally tried this. Thanks for the guide, this has genuinely been revolutionary for me!

DCS is playable now even in multiplayer with my 2080 super and 9700k at 45

Also using the foveated rendering on wide

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

It's GREAT to have someone like you testing this Ciri :).  Thank you.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

8 hours ago, VirusAM said:

It should be supported..why do you say different?
Oculus natively support openxr is just an option in the software

FIrst post doesnt mention anything of Oculus software, and this is just to get rid of steam AFAIK. Im under the impression that you dont need OpenXR if you dont use steam to launch DCS. I dont recall ever needing to run SteamVR for DCS when I had Oculus. Isnt the whole purpose of OpenXR just meant to subvert SteamVR and save resources?

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

21 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

FIrst post doesnt mention anything of Oculus software, and this is just to get rid of steam AFAIK. Im under the impression that you dont need OpenXR if you dont use steam to launch DCS. I dont recall ever needing to run SteamVR for DCS when I had Oculus. Isnt the whole purpose of OpenXR just meant to subvert SteamVR and save resources?

This is a WMR post, so it is normal that Oculus is not mentioned in the first post.

Anyway to get rid of SteamVR you are using OpenComposite, which is an Oculus addon, later ported to WMR also.

I used long time ago to substitute steamvr for games that don't use oculus software (for example Il2 BOS or the games bought on steamvr).

Also you can launch dcs in steamvr also with oculus headset, but the main thing here is openxr, which oculus already supports natively and openxr-toolkit benefits (NIS/FSR/fixed foveted rendering etc). 

So being unable to try that right now, the point here is if to benefit of open-xr-toolkit features with an oculus headset (rift s/quest) it is needed to launch dcs in steamvr mode or it just works with oculus software also.

Probably I will be able to verify this only tomorrow, but if someone will be able to test and let me know would be a good thing.

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

gotcha

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

28 минут назад, Hammer1-1 сказал:

In fact it is supported, and it works great. In fact, every headset which runs with OpenXR (and Oculus does have an API for that) is supported. Ironically currently it works better than native Oculus DCS mode - for me with Quest 2 it gives more stable frametimes, lower GPU load and better clarity. And now we have XrNeckSafer and OXRTK which are amazing tools, never before available for Oculus at all or without loosing even more clarity by running through SteamVR.

10 минут назад, VirusAM сказал:

So being unable to try that right now, the point here is if to benefit of open-xr-toolkit features with an oculus headset (rift s/quest) it is needed to launch dcs in steamvr mode or it just works with oculus software also.

Probably I will be able to verify this only tomorrow, but if someone will be able to test and let me know would be a good thing.

To run OXRTK with Oculus one indeed needs to trick the DCS to ask for openvr (steamvr) which is then replaced by a call to OpenXR with Open Composite. If you don't do this DCS will start in Oculus native mode, not OpenXR and OXRTK won't work, obviously.

Edited by Fiztex

7 минут назад, streakeagle сказал:

I have been using this with my Reverb G2, but my previous gaming PC is still operational. I use a Quest 2 with that one for guests and certain tests. I need to try Open Composite with the Quest 2!

Try it for sure, if you are pushing the max out of your Quest 2 then you won't regret it and definitely will see a difference. I accidently started DCS without it recently after the update and was like "Oh no! Did ED brake something again?". But then I realized that it's just me being stupid, so I used a correct shortcut to launch it and immediately went back to enjoying flying 😂

FYI I'm running 72 Hz with ASW disabled and have 72 fps 95% of the time, this is at almost 3000x3000 per eye with 3080ti. I never ever get bothered by the visibility or stuttering any more in the jets, I'm basically at the optical limit of Quest 2 in DCS (which is not as bad, as some may think). Small advice for the Quest 2 - if you don't need ASW then cut a bit your FOV in the debug tool (mainly horizontal), as some part of it is getting rendered just so ASW gets to work properly on FOV edges, you can save around 10-15% of your GPU like that and won't notice FOV reduction (how much you can cut without noticing depends on your IPD).

And enough off-topic, I guess 😁

12 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Try to disable HAGS

It has been disabled since I bought the computer.   I honestly didnt give it much of an effort to figure it out, as I've spent way too much time fiddling so I just went back to the tried and true 1.1.1 for me.  I'll give it another go maybe this weekend. 

Appreciate all of your efforts regardless!  OXR Toolkit has been a gamechanger. 

MSI X790 Carbon Wifi, 13900K, MSI 4090 Suprim X, 64gb DDR5 6400CL30, HP Reverb G2, VKB NXT Evo, VKB STECS Max, Thrustmaster rudder pedals

To run OXRTK with Oculus one indeed needs to trick the DCS to ask for openvr (steamvr) which is then replaced by a call to OpenXR with Open Composite. If you don't do this DCS will start in Oculus native mode, not OpenXR and OXRTK won't work, obviously.
Perfect that is what I wanted to know.
So i just need to use the --force_SteamVr flag in the dcs shortcut..is that correct?
One last question, last time I tried to run oculus with SteamVR the headset mask in dcs was not working, has this been corrected now?
As stated above, probably only tomorrow I will be able to try all this

1 час назад, VirusAM сказал:

Perfect that is what I wanted to know.
So i just need to use the --force_SteamVr flag in the dcs shortcut..is that correct?
One last question, last time I tried to run oculus with SteamVR the headset mask in dcs was not working, has this been corrected now?
As stated above, probably only tomorrow I will be able to try all this

Correct argument is --force_steam_VR, and no issues with the mask. At the end SteamVR won't even start, if everything is done correctly. Actually, you don't even need it on your PC for this to work, you are using Open Composite's openvr_api.dll after all.

4) Set runtime to OpenComposite (Which connects to OpenXR) - On first startup it needs to download DLL's. Wait for that to complete before going to the next step.

DLL where do we paste them ?

3 minutes ago, GOZR said:

4) Set runtime to OpenComposite (Which connects to OpenXR) - On first startup it needs to download DLL's. Wait for that to complete before going to the next step.

DLL where do we paste them ?

they dwnload and install themselves on the first run

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

For now it's worse.. w

I need to know where is the location of the download in my files to verify them 

thx

For now  openvr_fsr_v2.1.1  give me a far better fps

Edited by GOZR