OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

iirc they should land in the DCS Bin folder, dont quote me on that.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

It's GREAT to have someone like you testing this Ciri :).  Thank you.
You're welcome!

I'm recommending it to everyone

The foveated rendering is the icing on the cake and helps keep everything running well for me. So happy with it.

I was genuinely considering selling my G2 but no longer!

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello all,

I have a weird problem with OpenXR and G2. Reinstalled everything by the book yesterday after updating DCS. Finally got it to work and DCS start in VR and I can fly Hind and Huey BUT after a few minutes the screen in my G2 goes black, I can see on my monitor that tracking and image is still working but no image in the G2. After hours of testing I could get the image back by clicking on the desktop do a Win-Y to change focus to VR, wait for a few seconds and then the image reappear in the headset, then Win-Y again and click back to DCS. DCS is running at all times during this. Problem is that the fix is only temporary so after a while it goes black again and I have to do the same again - really annoying. I do love the OpenXR VR fix though because when it works I get so much better performance on my RTX 3060 card.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

/Peter

Edited by PSVEN

4 minutes ago, PSVEN said:

Hello all,

I have a weird problem with OpenXR and G2. Reinstalled everything by the book yesterday after updating DCS. Finally got it to work and DCS start in VR and I can fly Hind and Huey BUT after a few minutes the screen in my G2 goes black, I can see on my monitor that tracking and image is still working but no image in the G2. After hours of testing I could get the image back by clicking on the desktop do a Win-Y to change focus to VR, wait for a few seconds and then the image reappear in the headset, then Win-Y again and click back to DCS. DCS is running at all times during this. Problem is that the fix is only temporary so after a while it goes black again and I have to do the same again - really annoying. I do love the OpenXR VR fix though because when it works I get so much better performance on my RTX 3060 card.

/Peter

I've had a couple of instances of my G2 just going completely black but with DCS still running and responding on the desktop mirror as you describe; I'd not figured out a fix though so I'll try the win+Y trick thanks.  I don't know if there is a specific trigger and I haven't so far done enough testing to attribute it to DCS or openxr/toolkit, however if your fix with the win+Y is repeatable I would hazard a guess that it is more to do with WMR putting the headset to sleep, it might be worth just checking the settings on that one, windows update could have altered the behaviour somewhere.

I'll do some digging but I happily flew an hour in the black shark last night without a hitch 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Thanks for the response, I was suspecting something like that and have the sleep setting to "Let windows decide" but I will try to change that to see if there is a difference. I have not found a specific trigger that causes this either and the time seem, if not random so at least not the same all the time inbetween loosing the image.

I think mine is set to always on (when WMRP is running) but I haven't checked it and there's no saying that a windows update hasn't reset it.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

4 hours ago, PSVEN said:

Hello all,

/Peter

Bad HMD cable?

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Interview with developer of Open XR Toolkit premieres in just few minutes. 11:00 am EST.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I tried that yesterday and unfortunately, I receive an error message: "OpenXR Call failed, aborting".

I noticed that there is a post with someone having the same error message, has this problem been solved (without grinding through 80 pages of postings 😉 )?

Go to that post and read from there :).

I'm not sure what the problem is but I'd run through the install destructions "exactly".  Including removing all mods (for now...  add them back after to see if any break it), do the clean/repair step, all of it.  For the D3D47 file... delete it instead of rename...  

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Hi, Finally I installed it plus OpenXR Toolkit 1.1.3. We'll see this tool.

Where is settings for Sharpness (I need something like in Reshade VR)? I dont see it :(.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

6 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hi, Finally I installed it plus OpenXR Toolkit 1.1.3. We'll see this tool.

Where is settings for Sharpness (I need something like in Reshade VR)? I dont see it :(.

It's under nis or fsr

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

52 minutes ago, sdchoni said:

Just to double check, what do I need to do before I update DCS? This is currently working great for me! But a new DCS update just dropped

All I had to do post update is delete(again) the D3DCompiler_47.dll from bin

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

19 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

It's under nis or fsr

Thx, I see it now, however the differnce between 0-100% is very small. Its noticable but not strong like in Reshade or maybe I did something wrong? I tested NIS and FSR too (with restarting DCS).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

19 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thx, I see it now, however the differnce between 0-100% is very small. Its noticable but not strong like in Reshade or maybe I did something wrong? I tested NIS and FSR too (with restarting DCS).

I have mine set like this and now use 1.0.5 of the OpenXR toolkit as the colours are far, far better.

I also now have Saturation to Selective, RED @ 90, Green @100 and Blue @ 100.

MSFS_openXR_toolkit - Performance.JPGMSFS_openXR_menu.JPG

OpenXR_Toolkit_settings - appearance.JPG

• Thanks 2

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

I restarted the PC. When I retried, it did not crash, but it lauched SteamVR when I started DCS. I had OpenComposite Running ("Status: Open Composite") and have the openvr_api.dll in the DCS\bin\ folder replaced with the downloaded one (1389kb size). However, the fpsVR-Overlay stated that, despite it launched SteamVR, "Open Composite DCS" was running. Is that supposed to be that way? 

Furthermore, I discovered the following registry-entry:

Is it supposed to be that way? Can someone who has it working look it up?

image.png

image.png

Edited by warmachine79

9 hours ago, wheelie said:

I have mine set like this and now use 1.0.5 of the OpenXR toolkit as the colours are far, far better.

I also now have Saturation to Selective, RED @ 90, Green @100 and Blue @ 100.

OpenXR_Toolkit_settings - appearance.JPG

I'm all new to this but isn't the latest OpenXR Toolkit 1.1.3? That is what I just downloaded, have not installed yet..

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

15 minutes ago, =LD=Icer said:

I'm all new to this but isn't the latest OpenXR Toolkit 1.1.3? That is what I just downloaded, have not installed yet..

The last is 1.1.3, right.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

It works now. Apparently, having SteamVR in the registry as active runtime avoided it from working properly. 

I downloaded this little tool:

https://github.com/WaGi-Coding/OpenXR-Runtime-Switcher

It basically looks up the common directories where the VR runtimes are installed and changes the registry entry accordingly when chosing another runtime. I switched the runtime to WMR and now it works. Might also be interesting if you have multiple headsets, I have a Quest 2, too.

Once here - is there any opportunity to get an overlay that shows me the actual current resolution I am running the game in? fpsVR for SteamVR was fine, but that does not work of course without SteamVR.

Edited by warmachine79

37 minutes ago, giullep said:

nullI can't use in composite...any time the same error..if i use steamvr, dcs run but i cant open (cntrl+f2) any menu?

any idea?

thx

image.jpeg

this failure is normally as a result of leaving the DLL in place as per step 5

5) Delete your D3DCompiler_47.dll inside the Bin folder of your DCS Install

you have to redo it every time DCS gets up dated

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg