OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

4 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

You say delete the d3dcompiler_47.dll.
or rename it.
What is the difference between renaming it or deleting it??
If I rename it what does it bring me as an advantage?

Either way it stops DCS from using  the one in \bin\. OpenComposite needs to use a different version.

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

I found the cause of my problem (it's weird) I redownloaded it and reexecuting it worked, because the file was in download, so I created a shortcut on the desktop, but when I clicked on the one on the desktop it no longer worked.
you have to run it from the original for it to work (well it works for me, maybe someone else won't have this problem).
Weird no??🤪

1 minute ago, PLUTON said:

I found the cause of my problem (it's weird) I redownloaded it and reexecuting it worked, because the file was in download, so I created a shortcut on the desktop, but when I clicked on the one on the desktop it no longer worked.
you have to run it from the original for it to work (well it works for me, maybe someone else won't have this problem).
Weird no??🤪

Huh?

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

44 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

one or the other there is no disadvantage or advantage to one or the other ... either deleting or renaming will have the effect of the calls going to the system32 dll with the same name.

me i copy a copy of my System32\ d3dcompiler_47.dll into my Mod Manager and then use my mod manager to over right the one in DCS, because that means I just have a single process to mange for this and any other mods... 

this

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

59 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Weird no??🤪

SAME thing happened to me the other day aside from that I didn't make a shortcut on the desktop to the file, I had just downloaded the file to the desktop directly.

It appears that MS is doing funky stuff with the desktop folder for likely security reasons.  I assume you're running Win11?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On the SA maps I have a 30 fps lock in VR, but when I drive to the track I turn at 5 or 10 fps no more and as soon as I take off and I reach 300 feet I go back to 30 fps, I can't wait that Razbam optimizes SA to make flying enjoyable and more immersive;
Does anyone have the same problem? Or is it just me!!😩

16 hours ago, edmuss said:

Unfortunately no, reprojection is still a bit flaky with the toolkit. Sometimes it seems to work ok and others it just spirals into a death dive and locks the framerate to 20fps.

Thanks for the heads-up! That actually happened to me already already, then corrected itself after a couple minutes, LOL!  

• nikoel changed the title to OpenXR Guide for WMR Headsets

Because Open Composite requires the one in the Windows/system32 directory, not the older version in the DCS directory. Other option you have is if you're using a mod manager drop the required dll into the mod archive to save the manual process.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 6/23/2022 at 12:21 PM, speed-of-heat said:

one or the other there is no disadvantage or advantage to one or the other ... either deleting or renaming will have the effect of the calls going to the system32 dll with the same name.

me i copy a copy of my System32\ d3dcompiler_47.dll into my Mod Manager and then use my mod manager to over right the one in DCS, because that means I just have a single process to mange for this and any other mods... 

exactly what I do.... easy peasy... 

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I was able to get this to work with the open composite downloaded system wide but I really want to set it up with OvGME so I don't need to mess with open composite for other games but I can't get it to work even though I followed the github instructions.

EDIT: Looks like the github is actually unsupported now anyone else doing this OvGME?

Prerequisites

To use this you'll first need OvGME.

Do not use your user profile Downloads folder as the OvGME repository. You know who you are.

Importing

The archive comes prepacked with a Version file so OvGME can differentiate between versions.

Assuming you have correctly cofigured OvGME, the simplest way to set this up is:

1. View the latest releases
  2. Download the OCXR_WMR_APP.zip archive
  3. Open OvGME
  4. Click Import Mods
  5. Choose the newly downloaded OCXR_WMR_APP.zip archive
  6. Activate the modimage.png

Edited by Sleepy Joe
correction

Specs: RTX 3080FTW3, 5800x, 32gb 3200MHz ram

Peripherals: HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter MKIII with SCG Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle

10 минут назад, Sleepy Joe сказал:

I was able to get this to work with the open composite downloaded system wide but I really want to set it up with OvGME so I don't need to mess with open composite for other games but I can't get it to work even though I followed the github instructions

Prerequisites

To use this you'll first need OvGME.

Do not use your user profile Downloads folder as the OvGME repository. You know who you are.

Importing

The archive comes prepacked with a Version file so OvGME can differentiate between versions.

Assuming you have correctly cofigured OvGME, the simplest way to set this up is:

1. View the latest releases
  2. Download the OCXR_WMR_APP.zip archive
  3. Open OvGME
  4. Click Import Mods
  5. Choose the newly downloaded OCXR_WMR_APP.zip archive
  6. Activate the modimage.png

No need to use an old version of OC which came with a package for ACC, one can get a new one from here and make OvGME-ready mod himself (a mod to put this openvr_api.dll from OC into DCS/bin). Personally I also don't use a global installation, it gives me errors for some reason, and a manual placement works like a charm.

Edited by Fiztex

I believe I am doing everything correct but my DCS just sits at the loading splash screen until I kill DCS.  If I try VR with Steam VR it loads fine.  Anybody else having this issue? If this has been asked before can you show me the thread?

Just want to say thank you for this. It took me less than an hour, after a clean install of DCS beta to get this working. My VR experience in DCS has improved significantly and I’m still tweaking it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

TLDR:

• Is there a way to COMPLETELY reverse the System-Wide OpenComposite install??
  • Further than re-selecting SteamVR in the OpenComposite window?
  • Does anyone know the exact dll's that are downloaded during the System-Wide install?

I REALLY want to to get this up and running after reading about all you lucky buggers and your improved DCS VR 🙂 , but I'm having some serious issues, in summary:

• I followed the first post to the letter up, to the OpenXR Toolkit step (thanks @nikoel, great clear directions!).
  • I got DCS working with WMR and no SteamVR just fine (YES!!), albeit with some bugs:
    • Reverb G2 screen would go black randomly then come back during a DCS VR session.
    • When Reverb G2 woke up, my other monitors would disappear, and Tobii Eye Tracker setup was wiped clean (weird!).
    • When I switched OpenComposite back to SteamVR, SteamVR started having issues, saying it was missing some files.
    • Google Earth VR (SteamVR-only app) crashed with a Fatal Error.
    • Non-VR DCS is also now CTD during launch; the crash log refers to 'D3D11 Create Device' returning 'E_OUTOFMEMORY'.

I'm trying to troubleshoot this, I've even uninstalled WMR and SteamVR, trying to get Non-VR DCS back up and running, but the D3D11 error continues. It's more widespread than my DCS OpenBeta install as well, I have a Stable DCS in Steam that I use to troubleshoot when OpenBeta is flaky, and it's also now CTD'ing on launch and getting the D3D11 Error in its crash log.

I was able to keep OpenOVR up and running since this whole thing started -and still works. Ask and I shall post the files for install.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

9 hours ago, nick_thain said:

TLDR:

• Is there a way to COMPLETELY reverse the System-Wide OpenComposite install??
  • Further than re-selecting SteamVR in the OpenComposite window?
  • Does anyone know the exact dll's that are downloaded during the System-Wide install?

I REALLY want to to get this up and running after reading about all you lucky buggers and your improved DCS VR 🙂 , but I'm having some serious issues, in summary:

• I followed the first post to the letter up, to the OpenXR Toolkit step (thanks @nikoel, great clear directions!).
  • I got DCS working with WMR and no SteamVR just fine (YES!!), albeit with some bugs:
    • Reverb G2 screen would go black randomly then come back during a DCS VR session.
    • When Reverb G2 woke up, my other monitors would disappear, and Tobii Eye Tracker setup was wiped clean (weird!).
    • When I switched OpenComposite back to SteamVR, SteamVR started having issues, saying it was missing some files.
    • Google Earth VR (SteamVR-only app) crashed with a Fatal Error.
    • Non-VR DCS is also now CTD during launch; the crash log refers to 'D3D11 Create Device' returning 'E_OUTOFMEMORY'.

I'm trying to troubleshoot this, I've even uninstalled WMR and SteamVR, trying to get Non-VR DCS back up and running, but the D3D11 error continues. It's more widespread than my DCS OpenBeta install as well, I have a Stable DCS in Steam that I use to troubleshoot when OpenBeta is flaky, and it's also now CTD'ing on launch and getting the D3D11 Error in its crash log.

Those are advanced questions

First I have shared with you via PM Discord invites to people who will be able to assist in far better way than any of us

Two Once sorted, I recommend trying the 'per-app' install method (rather than the systemwide that is in my guide) 

Can someone with a Oculus Rift create a guide for that headset? Start a new topic entirely. You can copy and paste as much of what I have written in the first post if it helps. People with Oculus devices are currently coming here to try and run OpenXR with their headsets not realising that it will not work

Edited by nikoel

18 часов назад, nikoel сказал:

Can someone with a Oculus Rift create a guide for that headset? Start a new topic entirely. You can copy and paste as much of what I have written in the first post if it helps. People with Oculus devices are currently coming here to try and run OpenXR with their headsets not realising that it will not work

It's very simple on Oculus, hardly worth a guide:

1) Install OC globally or manually;

2) Delete d3dcompiler_47.dll from DCS/bin (might be not necessary at some point, ED told they've though about removing/updating this library in future);

3) Install OXRTK. Technically an optional step, but a highly recommended one for post processing effects, FFR, performance monitoring, etc.;

4) Run through DCS.exe with --force_steam_vr parameter or ask Skatezilla's Updater Utility to do it for you. Validate that you are using OpenXR by opening OXRTK menu (check the hotkeys in OXRTK companion app)

5) Keep PD at 1.0 in game, change it via Oculus Debug Tool if needed. 

As you can see, It's really not difficult for Oculus, the route is basically the same except all of the WMR steps in your guide. Some texture mods require more fiddling than this.

Oculus doesn't need any software to use OpenXR, we only need to ask DCS to use it through OC and OXRTK is just a nice addition to it, which doesn't bring a performance hit like other available post processing tools. 

Edited by Fiztex

1 час назад, nikoel сказал:

Thanks a lot, great job and clear instructions! But can you do one little thing - some kind of changelog when updating your first post? Just for understanding what's happend. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Narkom said:

Thanks a lot, great job and clear instructions! But can you do one little thing - some kind of changelog when updating your first post? Just for understanding what's happend. Thanks again!

Ever since the System Wide Branch there have been no changes other than better formatting, wording and additional instructions on pitfalls that some people have asked me to add

If you, like me, have a functioning OpenComposite install then all I am doing is launching it every now and then to check for updates. Additionally I recommend launching Windows Store to make sure there are no updates to OpenXR Tools etc… should update automagically though 

this is the beauty of systemwide install. Just click update 

On 3/17/2022 at 5:33 AM, nikoel said:

NOTE: Windows Mixed Reality Headsets are specific VR Devices such as Reverb G1, G2, Samsung's Super-Mario Odyssey etc. Some examples of headsets that are NOT WMR are Oculus Rift, Pimax, Varjo. There are ways to make some of those non-WMR headsets work with OpenXR but this guide is not designed for them

I have a Rift S and a Quest 2. Where is the guide for these?

• Like 1