OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

5 hours ago, Sr. said:

Wow again... Just determined the best benefit of using the shake reduction set to 100% (at least if you're NOT using MR) is the gun reticle through the Pilot monocle is rock solid!

Score one for targeting/shooting accuracy!

Do you notice any extra lag from your joystick etc? I find it nearly doubles the latency when set to higher values, which is a bit of a pain in the choppers

44 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Got a simple to follow how to?

How To: Process Lasso – Simple DCS World Tuning Thud's VR4DCS

These are the settings that I have from following the tutorial I read some time ago.  You'll have to identify which cores are the performance cores for your CPU.  That's accomplished in BIOS usually.  The 0-1/16-17 were my performance cores that run at 4.5GHz.  I added 8-9 today and verified with MSI Afterburner that it's indeed using all three of those cores and six threads.  And the increase I mentioned.  In effect, DCS received a 50% increase in CPU power.  

image.png

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

I wouldnt recommend Process Lasso on Windows 11, putting that one out there right now.  Just having it installed without any tweaks whatsoever made life miserable when trying to run MSFS2020 and other software. Dont bother blaming user error; been using it for a few years now.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, pastranario3 said:

Well I have realized that: 100% Steamvr is equivalent to 2204x2160 and 100% of OpenXR is 3152x3080 (which would be equivalent to 204% of steamvr). So 100% steamvr (2204x2160) would be 45% openxr (2112x2068). Under this calculation when putting openxr at 100% if there is an improvement because with steamvr at 204% the stuttering is great. Therefore if there is a performance improvement in openxr, now I have another problem is that the rear projection does not work very well in openxr since the propellers of the wwii planes generate artifacts and image displacement in that area, too much that they cannot be use, in the rest of the planes openxr is the way. HP REVERB G1

G1 users are wondering why their headsets are showing 2160 x 2160 in SteamVR at 100%. Whilst G2 is around 3160 x 3090 - ish
My understanding is that the early high res WMR headsets like the G1 reported their resolutions differently to SteamVR. It was a lot lower! This was to get good performance on the CPUs GPUs of that era... you still benefited from the lesser screen door effect and sharpness (like running a G2 at 50%) but were able to run them. It was still miles ahead of what the competition was offering and everyone was none-the-wiser

Regardless; the laws of physics do not change. If you want the "native" image that accounts for lens distortion you want to run your headset at 140% of the panel resolution. You can lower this slider, or pump it higher to your hearts desire. However this is what engineers at HP, Valve, Microsoft and OpenXR have envisioned to be the resolution to aim for

Edited by nikoel

14 minutes ago, Dogmanbird said:

Do you notice any extra lag from your joystick etc? I find it nearly doubles the latency when set to higher values, which is a bit of a pain in the choppers

Hadn't noticed, but I think I've seen that it can throw off the pnvs alignment. I've taken it down to 40% since

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I just noticed its hard to record to StreamLabs Desktop without SteamVR....so much for streaming.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Is this a workaround to get VRK working?  If not, is there a way to get VRK running without Steam VR. 

Asking for a mate. 

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

26 minutes ago, oz555 said:

Is this a workaround to get VRK working?  If not, is there a way to get VRK running without Steam VR. 

Asking for a mate. 

Nah, VRK doesn't work in OpenXR which is a bummer. This is basically a new VR kneeboard and not yet (my opinion) at a level of VRK, but it's developing fast.

34 minutes ago, oz555 said:

Asking for a mate. 

Try getting your mate to read the first post...

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

5 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

How To: Process Lasso – Simple DCS World Tuning Thud's VR4DCS

These are the settings that I have from following the tutorial I read some time ago.  You'll have to identify which cores are the performance cores for your CPU.  That's accomplished in BIOS usually.  The 0-1/16-17 were my performance cores that run at 4.5GHz.  I added 8-9 today and verified with MSI Afterburner that it's indeed using all three of those cores and six threads.  And the increase I mentioned.  In effect, DCS received a 50% increase in CPU power.  

image.png

Great! Am already using this for my 2 cores. Will add the third to see what it does and hopefully it pulls me out of my current Multiplayer stutter-techno-party back into the daylight.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Hey guys it has probably already been discussed, but I haven't seen it really in 46 Pages, sorry. :D

My Problem on my G2 is that the OpenXR Toolkit OSD I am used to from MSFS2020 is somewhere way up in the left eye corner in DCS.
That makes it nearly impossible to access any of the features like NIS FRS and so on. 

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?
Version OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.3

Cheers
IronEagle

5 hours ago, nikoel said:

G1 users are wondering why their headsets are showing 2160 x 2160 in SteamVR at 100%. Whilst G2 is around 3160 x 3090 - ish
My understanding is that the early high res WMR headsets like the G1 reported their resolutions differently to SteamVR. It was a lot lower! This was to get good performance on the CPUs GPUs of that era... you still benefited from the lesser screen door effect and sharpness (like running a G2 at 50%) but were able to run them. It was still miles ahead of what the competition was offering and everyone was none-the-wiser

Regardless; the laws of physics do not change. If you want the "native" image that accounts for lens distortion you want to run your headset at 140% of the panel resolution. You can lower this slider, or pump it higher to your hearts desire. However this is what engineers at HP, Valve, Microsoft and OpenXR have envisioned to be the resolution to aim for

You are right in that the early settings for G1s were set low in SteamVR. The "magic" figure was 188% to get native 2160x2160 resolution.

Later SteamVR was updated and 100% was 2160x2160 or thereabouts as is now.

My understanding was the G2 has different lenses that by design need the uplift you describe to get the optimum image. Having had both G1 and G2 in my experience running at the higher resolution benefited the G2 much greater at the cost of course of performance. I believe although they have similar res panels by design the G2 is optimised to run at the higher resolution as reflected in SteamVR 100% figures. Running a G2 at 50% was less clear than a G1 at 100% although much the same resolution settings in SteamVR. That is why I ended up keeping the G1 as a PC upgrade is some way away!

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Try getting your mate to read the first post...

How would that help him? VRK is not mentioned in the first post. 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

36 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

You are right in that the early settings for G1s were set low in SteamVR. The "magic" figure was 188% to get native 2160x2160 resolution.

Later SteamVR was updated and 100% was 2160x2160 or thereabouts as is now.

My understanding was the G2 has different lenses that by design need the uplift you describe to get the optimum image. Having had both G1 and G2 in my experience running at the higher resolution benefited the G2 much greater at the cost of course of performance. I believe although they have similar res panels by design the G2 is optimised to run at the higher resolution as reflected in SteamVR 100% figures. Running a G2 at 50% was less clear than a G1 at 100% although much the same resolution settings in SteamVR. That is why I ended up keeping the G1 as a PC upgrade is some way away!

Interesting. Thanks for the extra info!

works on the latest version direct from ed ... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

6 hours ago, ironeagles.flight said:

Hey guys it has probably already been discussed, but I haven't seen it really in 46 Pages, sorry. 😄

My Problem on my G2 is that the OpenXR Toolkit OSD I am used to from MSFS2020 is somewhere way up in the left eye corner in DCS.
That makes it nearly impossible to access any of the features like NIS FRS and so on. 

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?
Version OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.3

Cheers
IronEagle

Get the latest tool kit, on the last page is a reset option, once you reset it should be OK.

I just tried it with MSAA off and running at 150%, with MR off as well, seems really nice for me....going to keep this for a while and do some testing.......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.