OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

DCS automatically puts them in a backup file.  Both the D3DCompiler_47.dll and the openvr_api.dll will be inside the latest backup folder.  It puts an old unworkable D3DCompiler_47 file into your updated patched game, if your not replacing that one also it ain't going to work.

Just cut and paste them from the back up folder, no need to hunt them down.

Edited by Nodak

I have recently acquired a Pimax 8KX and not being a computer expert wonder if the OpenXR approach listed above will work with the 8KX? most of the posts refer to the G2 hence my question. 

Many thanks in anticipation 

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

45 minutes ago, Nuggetz said:

I have recently acquired a Pimax 8KX and not being a computer expert wonder if the OpenXR approach listed above will work with the 8KX? most of the posts refer to the G2 hence my question. 

Many thanks in anticipation 

As far as I know Pimax does not support OpenXR directly, it passes through SteamVR so no gain in using it. Openxr Toolkit allegedly works. You are probably better off using Pimax’s Oculus support that works without steam.

Cheers

Edited by Slo-Mo
  • Thanks 1

Core i9 12900KF | ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64GB DDR5 5200MHz | 3 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | MSI MAG 322CQR 32´ | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle | Thrusmaster T-Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 11

9 hours ago, Nodak said:

DCS automatically puts them in a backup file.  Both the D3DCompiler_47.dll and the openvr_api.dll

So whats changed if we still using "old" files from 0.6.3 ACC?

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

1 minute ago, TylerPL666 said:

So whats changed if we still using "old" files from 0.6.3 ACC?

I just copy the 3 0.6.3 ACC files saved in a folder to the dcs\bin folder after an update. Worked fine with this update.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

19 minutes ago, A.F. said:

hi,
when I installed OpenComposite and ran the .exe my window is missing the note that OpenComposite is actuell.
I also can not select DCS.

Did I do something wrong.
I have done all the steps exactly

Screenshot (18).png

It's working as expected. It's greyed out because it's selected.

If you switch to SteamVR. Then the roles will be switched, with the SteamVR button Greyed out

43 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

I just copy the 3 0.6.3 ACC files saved in a folder to the dcs\bin folder after an update. Worked fine with this update.

That was my bad. Now I do exacly as in tutorial [without looking for "Backup filed"] and it worked - I dont see DCS in OpenComposite Runtime, but Im on VR without Steam running so its ok.

My steps:

1. Downloaded "openvr_api.dll" and place in \bin
2. Renamed "D3DCompiler_47.dll" to "D3DCompiler_47.dll_old"

Edit: DCS running even with "empty" App Configuration. Just try.

image.png

Edited by TylerPL666

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

vor 2 Stunden schrieb nikoel:

It's working as expected. It's greyed out because it's selected.

If you switch to SteamVR. Then the roles will be switched, with the SteamVR button Greyed out

Thank you very much! I am very excited

I am stuck at this step with the latest download...any ideas?

Edit: nvm, seems I need to have it running when OCR is running.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 111221.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

19 hours ago, nikoel said:

openvr_api.dllHere is the per app .dll that fearlessfrog was able to snatch before the show ground to a halt

This is not .exe - this is the per app install

I would recommend waiting a few hours for the quota to be reset but I know some of you wanted to install it this way

Where do I place this file? I'm getting the unhandled exception (over quota). I'm assuming this is the file it's attempting to download? Where do I put it to bypass the download requirement?

I've placed it in /bin but still get the unhandled exception.

Edit: I think I fixed it. It goes in /bin for the main DCS folder, then no need to use the opencomposite exe to switch to OpenXR. Correct? 

Edit2: Working, but as with the previous version, I can't remedy microstuttering issues. It looks soooo much better, but the stuttering is unacceptable... I can only make it playable by lowering all settings to VR preset, then it just looks worse than with SteamVR.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

21 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

According to the feedback, only Nvidia seems to benefit?😪

Nope 6900XT User here, big benefits!

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:26 PM, Marco Schaap said:

Nope 6900XT User here, big benefits!

Same here:

1. Frame rate and frame time stability.
  2. Image quality increase.
  3. Performance increase.
  4. Extra performance used to buy even more quality increase.

SteamVR consumed resources, increased latency, caused stuttering, delayed DCS startup etc. Without SteamVR, my G2 works better than ever on a 5800X with a 6900XT. 

Edited by streakeagle
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

22 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

According to the feedback, only Nvidia seems to benefit?😪

Works great with my 6900xt

You might be referring to the foveated rendering

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, rafalg78 said:

Can I please mirror link to OpenComposite Launcher. I have not been lucky enough to download this file for two days 😞

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm2uyvr870olz3g/OpenComposite.zip?dl=0

• Thanks 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

1 minute ago, loiphin said:

Bearfoot, because the gitlab server has exceeded its 1GB/day download limit, the app can no longer download openvr_api.dll.

So you have to wait until the timer is reset and try again with everyone else

it is the same for me! not able to download latest opencomposite due to 1gb/day.

where do you find the timer please?