OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

8 hours ago, ZoneySD said:

I have a feeling this is a stupid question but does OpenXR // Open Composite work in DCS wit Pimax 8kx? 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Question: once upon a time, there was a video that mentioned removing the WMR home and replacing it with a smaller 12mb 3 sided wall that reduces the VRAM by almost another gig. Where can I find that info? Didnt see it in the original post.

edit: nvm. https://www.skyspaces.app/

Install empty room and run WMR. Should load a new empty house that frees up a bit more ram.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

As new user of HP Reverb G2 that came today after first "flight" I starded the "fight" with CPU spikes again. First what Ive do was instaling the Firmware. But in the end of the day I found that those "sp113237.exe" its just an unpacking things OF FIRMWARE that you must install from directory that it was unpacked and follow the pdf guide. For 30mins of flying in DCS works good. 

nullimage.png

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-reverb-g2-virtual-reality-headset/33835976

image.png

EDIT: Looking thru flashlight or whatever its called to look around in VR, I found that my OLED 55" screen generates very much light so I just turn OLED to 0%. Maybe placebo, but worth try.

Edit2: My performance shearching lead me to times CPU ~13ms, time GPU ~15-17ms after i put those 2 folders+1file as "READ ONLY":

image.png

Edited by TylerPL666
New findings

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Running the OpenComposite.exe now and then and it downloads updates (which is nice), but do any1 know if there is a change log? I checked my install folder, the website etc but could not find any.

Ceers

Core i9 12900KF | ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64GB DDR5 5200MHz | 3 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | MSI MAG 322CQR 32´ | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle | Thrusmaster T-Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 11

14 minutes ago, nikoel said:

image.png

image.png

Well, I'm certainly confused 🤣

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

G2 is a WMR headset and needs a work-around to run SVR games.  We now have a choice of two work-arounds: WMR4SVR, or OXR.  We jump through those hoops to get a high resolution headset (equal to Pimax 8K) for cheap, basically.  

Pimax is a SVR headset and according to the internet, doesn't support OXR.  Good news is, it doesn't need a workaround. 

I'm constantly amazed at how well Pimax works with GPU's that would be considered woefully underpowered in the G2 world.  Unsurprising to me that the 3090ti does well here. 

Not clear to me what the OXR Toolkit is doing for this guy.  If anything.  Doesn't appear to be clear to the developer either.  

• Like 1

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Do any of you guys get sometime FPS drops, like huge ones that require to restart DCS or do some Alt+Tab magic?

I get stable 45FPS mostly, but every now and then, playing on MP servers, it would drop to 15FPS. I could do Alt+Tab to switch out of DCS and then Alt-Tab to go back and the FPS would go back to 45, but not always - if these wouldn't then I need to restart DCS. 
The question is, is Motion Reprojection failing sometime and goes this way or somehow priorities and resources in the system are switched somewhere else and DCS gets less. 
I have a clean Windows and clean DCS and nothing more installed on my SSD.

Cheers.  

Edited by MartinVoy

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

I express my great gratitude to the developer, as well as to everyone who participated and continues to participate
in the development of this divine fashion.
I have carefully read almost all the pages of this topic and this is how I managed (from the second time)
to install correctly, as it seems to me, this magic mod.

Especially for its installation, I installed a new windows, then I optimized it.
I installed only the stock minimum necessary programs and drivers. (no msi afterburner, fpsvr, etc.)
Then I did everything according to the instructions from the first page.
In parallel with installing DCS, I also installed and configured dirt 2.0, out of curiosity.
(as it turned out, it doesn't work with the openxr toolkit in this game, but it works without the toolkit for me)
Now I see that my computer is running at full capacity (almost)

Sorry for the Google translator, I wrote it for statistics.Tell me if you need something to help.
Thank you very much. My old hmd odyssey certainly has a second life.
I've never seen such a picture in vr before! That's cool!

the scale of 65% in openxr is better than 150 in steam vr. For odyssey.

My spec: i5-11400f, 64 gb3200RAM, 6900XT

The only thing that bothers me is the landscape fading every 1-2 seconds,
even with a good frame time of 10-12. Regardless of the terrain.(((( I don't know what to do next.
Everything seems to be set up as it should, but these lags kill everything.

Edited by Serg66RUS

11900KF@5GHz/64GbRAM3200/6900XT/2880x1600WMR60Hz

10 часов назад, MartinVoy сказал:

Do any of you guys get sometime FPS drops, like huge ones that require to restart DCS or do some Alt+Tab magic?

I get stable 45FPS mostly, but every now and then, playing on MP servers, it would drop to 15FPS. I could do Alt+Tab to switch out of DCS and then Alt-Tab to go back and the FPS would go back to 45, but not always - if these wouldn't then I need to restart DCS. 
The question is, is Motion Reprojection failing sometime and goes this way or somehow priorities and resources in the system are switched somewhere else and DCS gets less. 
I have a clean Windows and clean DCS and nothing more installed on my SSD.

Cheers.  

This is a known issue related to insufficient VRAM. Basically any game would behave like that when there is not enough VRAM. Had it a lot with 3070, not so much with 3080ti. Try to reduce terrain textures, especially on MP servers. E.g. I'm reducing terrain to low and other textures to medium to make it somewhat flyable on GS server. Still far from that though, in my case it jumps from 72 to 60 fps, looks like the server wants to give you only 60 fps or this is because I have 32GB of RAM and really need more for that server. Personally, can't stand motion reprojection and want 72 fps to enjoy the sim. One would likely need a 3090 or 6900xt to run textures on high with a reasonable framerate there.

Also, you should probably look for ways to reduce VRAM consumption by the WMR itself, if not yet done.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Serg66RUS said:

the scale of 65% in openxr is better than 150 in steam vr. For odyssey.

My spec: i5-11400f, 64 gb3200RAM, 6900XT

The only thing that bothers me is the landscape fading every 1-2 seconds,
even with a good frame time of 10-12. Regardless of the terrain.(((( I don't know what to do next.
Everything seems to be set up as it should, but these lags kill everything.

1. Open adrenaline, performance, custom settings.  Set your minimum clock speed to within 100-200 of max clock speed.
  2. Increase your DCS graphics settings until your GPU frame time is about 20.

Note, I'd be careful about pushing clouds, water, or shadows -- that'll put a strain on your CPU.  I'd start with medium water, standard clouds and try this with shadows off.  

Don't worry too much about textures, you have plenty of VRAM.   I'm currently running low terrain textures, high cockpit textures, and AF x16

Turn off MSAA and try to get resolution up to 150% or so.  It doesn't have to be exactly 150%, it could be 145 or 182, whatever it takes to get your GPU time to 20ms.  

Point being, when you dip below 90fps you're dropping frames.  Only three ways to solve that, really --

1. Keep it above 90fps, which is hard to do in this game
  2. Lock frame rates to 45, either using Chill or Motion Reprojection
  3. Get FPS below 60.  You'll have microstutter due to early frames, so it won't be perfectly smooth, but that's better than dropping frames.  

Some prefer option 3, me included.  Others prefer option 2.  Your Odyssey should look pretty awesome with a resolution of 150%, I'd try that first

Let us know what your CPU times look like.  Are you overclocking? 

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Possibly unrelated, though I saw similar comment on the MSFS forum.

Lately whenever I start WMR, I hear the start up sound through the speakers, put on headset and one of 4 things happen... I get a grey screen or I see the vast expanse room with slight flicker, brighter more rapid flicker or starts normally.

Restart WMR, either same or faster flicker. Restart WMR a 3rd or 4th time and finally no flicker.

The poster on the MSFS forum mentioned it was only in one lens, but he thought he tracked it down to being related to OXR, disabled it and went away.(well, I'm not ditching OXR). Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

no i get an occasional openxr waitswapchainimage timeout crash .. but thats it

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DeltaMike:
  1. Open adrenaline, performance, custom settings.  Set your minimum clock speed to within 100-200 of max clock speed.
  2. Increase your DCS graphics settings until your GPU frame time is about 20.

Note, I'd be careful about pushing clouds, water, or shadows -- that'll put a strain on your CPU.  I'd start with medium water, standard clouds and try this with shadows off.  

Don't worry too much about textures, you have plenty of VRAM.   I'm currently running low terrain textures, high cockpit textures, and AF x16

Turn off MSAA and try to get resolution up to 150% or so.  It doesn't have to be exactly 150%, it could be 145 or 182, whatever it takes to get your GPU time to 20ms.  

Point being, when you dip below 90fps you're dropping frames.  Only three ways to solve that, really --

1. Keep it above 90fps, which is hard to do in this game
  2. Lock frame rates to 45, either using Chill or Motion Reprojection
  3. Get FPS below 60.  You'll have microstutter due to early frames, so it won't be perfectly smooth, but that's better than dropping frames.  

Some prefer option 3, me included.  Others prefer option 2.  Your Odyssey should look pretty awesome with a resolution of 150%, I'd try that first

Let us know what your CPU times look like.  Are you overclocking? 

@DeltaMike  You should really stop selling nonsense as advices to people, who are really looking for some support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

On 5/16/2022 at 9:19 AM, DeltaMike said:

G2 is a WMR headset and needs a work-around to run SVR games.  We now have a choice of two work-arounds: WMR4SVR, or OXR.  We jump through those hoops to get a high resolution headset (equal to Pimax 8K) for cheap, basically.  

Pimax is a SVR headset and according to the internet, doesn't support OXR.  Good news is, it doesn't need a workaround. 

I'm constantly amazed at how well Pimax works with GPU's that would be considered woefully underpowered in the G2 world.  Unsurprising to me that the 3090ti does well here. 

Not clear to me what the OXR Toolkit is doing for this guy.  If anything.  Doesn't appear to be clear to the developer either.  

Here is a cut an paste from a moderator on another forum which maybe this guy knows what he's talking about ("Kojack" on OculusVR forum from Oct '21). Since DCS supports OpenXR, and SteamVR supports OpenXR, and Pimax supports SteamVR, the transitive property says that Pimax supports OpenXR ?? Except really I believe what is happening is that the *OpenXR toolkit* is interfacing with SteamVR, which is compatible with OpenXR plugins. SteamVR is then wrapping the Pimax Unity SDK. So really you are not using the OpenXR runtime, you are just using the OpenXR interface of SteamVR. I don't see a huge advantage of doing this versus, say using the VRPerf toolkit.

There are three main VR apis for PC headsets: OpenVR (SteamVR is an implementation of it), Oculus (often called OVR) and WMR (for headsets like the HP Reverb G2).

SteamVR includes plugins that redirect OpenVR games to Oculus or WMR (SteamVR itself has no built in support for direct access to Oculus or WMR devices, it uses the native SDKs).

OpenXR acts as a common interface that bypasses the native SDKs. Oculus, Valve and Microsoft provide OpenXR runtimes. There can only be one runtime registered in the system at a time, that's what an OpenXR game will use. If you have the Oculus OpenXR runtime registered, all OpenXR games will be handled by the Oculus drivers, (same for the other two).

If you have two kinds of headset installed, such as a Quest 2 (with Link) and a Reverb G2, registering the Oculus runtime means all OpenXR games go to the Quest 2. Registering the WMR runtime means all OpenXR games go to the Reverb.

In the case of SteamVR, it's slightly different. Registering SteamVR/OpenVR's OpenXR means all OpenXR games go to SteamVR, which then either handles it directly (for headsets like Index or Vive) or redirects to the Oculus SDK or WMR SDK.

Of course none of this actually happens if the game isn't built for OpenXR. The only one I definitely know of is Microsoft Flight Simulator. So 99.999% of current VR games will be unaffected by which OpenXR runtime you have.

Ryzen 7800x3d, 64gb, MSI RTX4090 Suprim , Sidewinder FFB with F16 grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals. Pimax Crystal

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

no i get an occasional openxr waitswapchainimage timeout crash .. but thats it

Me neither. I had the waitswapchainimage twice. I reduced the overclock on my GPU and haven’t had a problem since.

• Like 1

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

11 hours ago, Fiztex said:

This is a known issue related to insufficient VRAM. Basically any game would behave like that when there is not enough VRAM. Had it a lot with 3070, not so much with 3080ti. Try to reduce terrain textures, especially on MP servers. E.g. I'm reducing terrain to low and other textures to medium to make it somewhat flyable on GS server. Still far from that though, in my case it jumps from 72 to 60 fps, looks like the server wants to give you only 60 fps or this is because I have 32GB of RAM and really need more for that server. Personally, can't stand motion reprojection and want 72 fps to enjoy the sim. One would likely need a 3090 or 6900xt to run textures on high with a reasonable framerate there.

Also, you should probably look for ways to reduce VRAM consumption by the WMR itself, if not yet done.

Thanks. I didn't know that. It could be a thing. It's just a bit annoying that we need i9th and 3090ti to run it anyhow playable in VR while having any sort of the details to it.
I mean i7/3080ti/64GB and it's still bottlenecking every now and then. Then I play the newest games with graphic 100% better than DCS and it's just butter smooth...
Thank you for pointing this out.

(edit: I'll try smaller preload radius, maybe that would help).

Edited by MartinVoy

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

Ya, this issue was happening to me quite often with my RTX 2080 running OpenXR. I haven't seen it since upgrading to RTX 3090 three weeks ago. 

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

11 minutes ago, timcat said:

Ya, this issue was happening to me quite often with my RTX 2080 running OpenXR. I haven't seen it since upgrading to RTX 3090 three weeks ago. 

I don't remember it on 2070, maybe because of 17-25 FPS all the time anyway. Or maybe because I was running without OpenXR back then, I switched to OXR after upgrading to 3080ti.
Any ideas how to avoid that? The funny thing is I get the same FPS with SteamVR now and OpenXR, so maybe I should just switch back to SVR. 
If I uncap FPS, I get 45-70FPS (depends on MP server) both with OXR and SVR. I know I'm pushing my settings/textures/sliders hard, but...If I'd go to lowest settings in DCS I get like 60-70 FPS and a bit of stutter anyway, so I just push sliders up and use motion reprojection.
I think I'll go back for a while to SVR and try its own motion reprojection, to se if I get VRAM overflows too.

anyone running a 3090 ti that has recommended settings running a HP reverb g2

Thanks

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

FYI, I've noticed that some of the random stuttering and frame drops or dropping to super low FPS and getting stuck seems to be if too many registry entries are made for the OXR toolkit.  Usually what I do is find what I want it to be by playing with it, then wiping the registry by opening in safe mode and hitting CTRL+F1+F2+F3 to wipe it clean, getting out of DCS and then reopening without the toolkit in safe mode and only touching the settings I want to where I want them.  Not sure what it is but its almost like its just causing the CPU to try and compute more than it needs to or something, but that usually helps smooth things back out. 

worth a try anyway if you're fiddling with it a bunch. 

MSI X790 Carbon Wifi, 13900K, MSI 4090 Suprim X, 64gb DDR5 6400CL30, HP Reverb G2, VKB NXT Evo, VKB STECS Max, Thrustmaster rudder pedals

I’m running a 3080Ti 10900k 64GB and no problems. My settings are maxed out.

Whoever mentioned fps is the same in both OXR and Steam…. Yeah that’s right. OXR doesn’t give you more fps, it gives you more VRAM as it doesn’t load up steam. It also gives you variable motion reprojection so it can drop down to lower rates when needed. It’s not about fps it’s about judder free gameplay with higher settings.

• Thanks 1

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!

45 minutes ago, MartinVoy said:

I don't remember it on 2070, maybe because of 17-25 FPS all the time anyway. Or maybe because I was running without OpenXR back then, I switched to OXR after upgrading to 3080ti.
Any ideas how to avoid that? The funny thing is I get the same FPS with SteamVR now and OpenXR, so maybe I should just switch back to SVR. 
If I uncap FPS, I get 45-70FPS (depends on MP server) both with OXR and SVR. I know I'm pushing my settings/textures/sliders hard, but...If I'd go to lowest settings in DCS I get like 60-70 FPS and a bit of stutter anyway, so I just push sliders up and use motion reprojection.
I think I'll go back for a while to SVR and try its own motion reprojection, to se if I get VRAM overflows too.

The problem never occurred when using SVR for me. It started when I switched OpenXR. I found it would only occur if the framerate got below the 22fps threshold (MR on) even for a small amount of time. When I lowered multiple settings to keep my framerate from never dipping below 22fps the problem mostly went away. It would still occur from time to time going to the map (F10).

Now it never happens.🤩

• Like 1

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

2 часа назад, MartinVoy сказал:

Thanks. I didn't know that. It could be a thing. It's just a bit annoying that we need i9th and 3090ti to run it anyhow playable in VR while having any sort of the details to it.
I mean i7/3080ti/64GB and it's still bottlenecking every now and then. Then I play the newest games with graphic 100% better than DCS and it's just butter smooth...
Thank you for pointing this out.

(edit: I'll try smaller preload radius, maybe that would help).

Yeah, I hear you. But still DCS runs better in VR with OpenXR than it was ever before... maybe it was good like that in 2.5.6 but since 2.7.x it became worse and worse so OXR did kind of save us. At least for now, until ED fixes more things with updates accidently killing the VR performance in the process 😂

BTW you don't actually need i9, you can even get the same performance with i5.. or even better with i5 if you can clock it higher. It's all about single core performance for DCS and i9 is for something else completely. If I had i9 I would be disabling all it's extra cores/features just to push 3-4 cores to the highest possible clocks for DCS.

I'd blame NVIDIA for skimming on VRAM in 30xx cards, if we had even 16 GB we would be fine, and having to buy 3090 for higher VRAM alone is kind of ridiculous. You can monitor VRAM allocation while flying and after a while it gets over the VRAM available and that is when the problem starts. Also, could be that DCS is not cleaning it properly, who knows. If we had 16GB we could be flying for 3-4 hours straight without this issue. Luckily low terrain texture still looks fine in VR (arguably even better for less shimmering and better spotting against it) and saves a couple of gigs of VRAM. Preload radius never helped me with this, it's more about RAM than VRAM. As @timcat mentioned, don't go to external views or F10, so game doesn't try to put extra things into VRAM and you'll be flying OK for longer.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 1