Boresight with 3DOF head tracking?

FalcoGer
Go to solution Solved by Northstar98,

I have a 3 axis (rotation only) head tracking device. How can I boresight the HMD? Will it be perfectly fine to skip that step if you can't do it due to hardware reason and the option to is just for realism or is it strictly required for an accurate helmet? This is especially a concern with the front seat where it seems like the HMD bore sight optics are offset from the centerline. If there were some option to adjust the seat height in the back seat it would probably be doable with just 3 axis, but with the offset it's just impossible.

How do I and others in my situation deal with that?

What about the CPG then? His BRU is offset from the centerline. Surely he doesn't load in with his head position offset. Or is the BRU angled towards the natural head position (which would be the default when loading in without a head tracking that does translation(?))

• Solution

There are keybinds to translate your head.

EDIT: To be more useful, you're looking for:

• Cockpit Camera Move Back: RCtrl + RShift + Num/ /Num-
  • Cockpit Camera Move Center: RCtrl + RShift + Num5
  • Cockpit Camera Move Down: RCtrl + RShift + Num2
  • Cockpit Camera Move Forward: RCtrl + RShift + Num*
  • Cockpit Camera Move Left: RCtrl + RShift + Num4
  • Cockpit Camera Move Right: RCtrl + RShift + Num6
  • Cockpit Camera Move Up: RCtrl + RShift + Num8

All found within the "View Cockpit" category.

Or alternatively, when in mouse look you can use the "Camera transpose mode (press and hold)" keybind (usually set to your middle mouse button) which allows you to do it with the mouse.

Edited by Northstar98
Made it more useful

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.