Awesome mission generator for Apache

Nice!

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

Thanks for this heads up, Great Find!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Playing with this for the last 3 days in the Apache in Singleplayer. Pretty cool that the enemy infantry spawns are running around the town. Having a blast with the 30mm ;D

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can you only use the pre-made missions that are made for the common maps and adjust them, or can you do something else?

For example, there is one mission on the Syria map, called "Aleppo Tour". Do you have to use that template so to say? And make changes to it to get variation? 

8 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Can you only use the pre-made missions that are made for the common maps and adjust them, or can you do something else?

For example, there is one mission on the Syria map, called "Aleppo Tour". Do you have to use that template so to say? And make changes to it to get variation? 

Those are what we refer to as scenario templates, and you can make your own very easily in the Mission Editor.  

It can be as simple as moving the zones around, or you can put anything you would otherwise put into your mission design.  

https://github.com/spencershepard/RotorOps/wiki/RotorOps:-Mission-Creator-Guide

RotorOps version 1.2 is available!

Major feature updates:
-hot start available at initial farps and imported fobs/farps
-updated to latest dcs beta: technicals!
-random weather checkbox
-time of day selection
-status display now more useful..displays the remaining convoy
-FARPs are now troop pickup zones!
-option for player helicopter spawns at FARPs (longer distance missions now more fun!)
-Splash Damage script: additional rocket boost, hellfires added
-imports and forces now downloadable modules
-override import templates by copying to user directory (so you can customize FARPs etc)
-many new options available to mission creators (see full changelog for details)

NIGHTHAWKS Mission: AH-64D + UH-60L
We wanted to create a full-featured mission to demonstrate the depth and replayability that is possible with RotorOps. This mission is immersive and pure fun. What makes this unique is a radio menu choice near the beginning of the mission that decides a separate path for the Apache. It is also playable as the Blackhawk (UH-60L mod required) as a troop transport mission. Includes music and full (acted) voiceovers.

Teaser video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3v2nbRP8UE

Download and full changelog:
https://github.com/spencershepard/RotorOps/releases/tag/1.2

You may also run the included updater application if you have already installed RotorOps.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Any chance for a SA map version of  RotorOps in the making? :angel:

I bought this nice new map, but there's not much to do yet (other than investing a whole lot of my spare time in mission making 😅)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...

Here is a mission I created with the RotorOps Generator mentioned above, so I thought I would share it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nprto0hh29do9t/RotorOps - Syria Conflict - Gaziantep.miz?dl=0

No fancy backstory, just move from zone to zone eliminating all the enemy.  Each zone has 4 groups of 4 vehicles, so there's a total of 16 vehicles per zone to clear.  The groups consist of tanks, APCs, and Shilkas, so keep your distance.  There are enemy SAM threats that will not show up on the F10 map, but their general locations are marked with circles.  No enemy air threats.

It can be done solo, but I created it for a few of us to fly as a group, so you may want to eliminate some enemy units if you are working alone.  There are slots for AH-64D, UH-60L, and A-10A.  Feel free to change slots to your favorite aircraft.  Waypoints for the 4 zones are preloaded. Use the Blackhawk to pick up JTAC troops and move them into the zone to smoke and lase targets.

There's a "side-mission" that activates after you capture Alpha, and another after you capture Bravo.

image.png

Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 8:50 AM, Floyd1212 said:

Here is a mission I created with the RotorOps Generator mentioned above, so I thought I would share it here.

That is good of you. Thank you! I really like the video you created DCS AH-64D - RotorOps - Clearing Alpha Zone and posted here 

Great choice of location with the river hills etc.

Edited by Dallas88B

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

Here's another one in the region shown in the video.  I added more units (20 vehicles per zone now) and some SAMs scattered about.  No side-missions, and nothing is hidden on the F10 map.  Just straight-up clear the zone, and move on to the next one.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qde8wq4ze0beis6/RotorOps - Caucasus Conflict - Mitkvari Valley.miz?dl=0

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Here's another one in the region shown in the video

That is really very good of you. Thank you. Great, and fun, to use as a training mission to hone skills. 

Yesterday I started learning using the RotorOps: Mission Creator Guide. As suggested in the guide, making my own scenario by opening one of the existing files, move the zones about etc.... but I have a long way to go to reach the level of expertise your missions exhibit.

Thank you again for your advice and support, it's very much appreciated. 

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10