Ripple Fire Hellfires

MrReynolds

Regarding a possible ripple fire.

10 second flight time (for example)

Rifle, wait 6 seconds, rifle again.

First Hellfire hits the target, so I then jump to the NEXT target in my list and lase THIS new point.  Obviously there will be some tinkering once released with timings, angles of view for the missile etc.......

With the FA18 it's a simple case of pressing an MFD button (programmed in the joystick software) to go up in the markpoint list and then I can lase.  A simple Macro if I wanted to program it.

Apart from using the MFD buttons of coord (x2) and then actually pressing the corresponding target button (left 3 for example) is there a button on the HOTAS or something that increments the NEXT target stored?

There are shoot lists for the radar missiles in the future I guess, but I'm just letting my imagination run here.  Not even taken off yet!!!

TIA.

• ED Team

Its possible, I have been playing around with long shots and firing more than one with timed gaps, then walking the laser to the next target. 

lots of fun.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Its possible, I have been playing around with long shots and firing more than one with timed gaps, then walking the laser to the next target. 

lots of fun.

Thanks dude, really appreciate the reply on what must be a rather..... busy day lol.......

Almost didn't post as I thought it would be shot down as a silly idea!

IS there a "magic button", or will it need to be a magic macro on my stream deck using "coordx2 then different left buttons" depending on the stage of the sequence?

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:

IS there a "magic button", or will it need to be a magic macro on my stream deck using "coordx2 then different left buttons" depending on the stage of the sequence?

if you have a lased target you can squeeze the weapons trigger and let one go, count to 10 the squeeze the weapon trigger again 🙂

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

or you could have 8 guys lasing and switching out laser codes really fast. Not really realistic, but possible. If you have a special forces team they may have 1 or 2 laser designators, perhaps a drone with a laser if they're really fancy. so you could maybe get 3 or 4 lasers on targets at a time (including your own), plus however many wingman you bring. So maybe it wouldn't be too far fetched to shoot on 5 different laser codes after all.

Technically taking multiple shots with 8s intervals is called RAPID fire. All missiles on the same laser code. 

Using 2 or more laser codes alternating between PRI and ALT codes is known as RIPPLE fire. You can reduce the interval to 1.5s on this case. And there’s a specific launch mode for this. (Not at EA though.).

• Like 1

I think I'm making it more complex than people are reading.

I want to, after the first hit, to SNAP to another already selected target, instead of moving the cursor..........

If there are 2 close targets, yeah.....you can move the cursor.  How about something a little bit off?

Anyway, time to fly in 5,4,3,2,........................................