AH-64D VR

Zap921

I7700k (o'clocked to 4.8)

3080 Ti

32 gigs RAM

Rift S

SS 1.8 (Tray Tool)

Most settings high

Just sitting in the taxi training - like a kid in a sweetshop - but damn, the visuals are good!! Getting 35-40 fps - more than enough for me - and the HMD monocle is REALLY cool!

Got 3 days to play, with the missus away!

Edited by paulferris
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, paulferris said:

I7700k (o'clocked to 4.8)

3080 Ti

32 gigs RAM

Rift S

SS 1.8 (Tray Tool)

Most settings high

Just sitting in the taxi training - like a kid in a sweetshop - but damn, the visuals are good!! Getting 35-40 fps - more than enough for me - and the HMD monocle is REALLY cool!

Got 3 days to play, with the missus away!

Awesomeness! Enjoy those three days for sure. I look forward to having a go with it tomorrow - got most controller mapping done. Going to start with learning cold start and then see how I do with flying this bird. I so loved Janes Longbow back in the 90's.  Both Longbow I and II. It is so sweet to have a full fidelity model of it now. That is if I can learn this thing.

I am retired so I can spend many hours with it.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

How could I say.......in one world : BRUTAL

Te inmersion is excelent, the mococule simply blast my mind, 45 stable FPS in caucasus on my rig (see my firm) , my new favorite helo (sorry huey )

A bit tricky to tearn at first the trim.....I will continue exploring the beast

Whorths every euro wasted in my reverb g2, my 3080ti etc.....

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

5 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

How could I say.......in one world : BRUTAL

Te inmersion is excelent, the mococule simply blast my mind, 45 stable FPS in caucasus on my rig (see my firm) , my new favorite helo (sorry huey )

A bit tricky to tearn at first the trim.....I will continue exploring the beast

Whorths every euro wasted in my reverb g2, my 3080ti etc.....

Maybe it is a language thing but not sure - are you saying you really like the Apache in VR?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Immersion is great, all the detail in the cockpits, NVGs sticking out on the hemlet, the eyepiece.

FPS is similar or slightly worse than Mi-24, so not great, but nothing surprising. However, that's without PNVS. Turning on the infrared image on the eyepiece makes it considerably more demanding on the hardware. Easily the most demanding module currently in DCS. 

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

hace 8 minutos, dburne dijo:

Maybe it is a language thing but not sure - are you saying you really like the Apache in VR?

Yes of curse, I just jumped in a few minutes  ago..... , only takeoff and fly......for me is stunning, great inmersion in pilots seat (not tryed copilot nor NVG yet) but it runs smooth as butter, all the mfds are readable running steam at 100%, ss 100% and vrperfkit_v0.2.2. with 0.8 , all cristal and clear in caucasus and nevada with stable 45FPS

for me now is my best favorite module 🤩

Just to say, HIND (in my case) demands more than this module. 

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

First impressions: holy cow this is impressive! 🤩 I spent an hour or so simply flying around in an IA mission getting used to how it flies: haven't set up all the controls yet.

Turning on PNVS/TADS overlay on the monoclue is definitely a very choppy experience: the framerate is VERY low.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It runs great in VR and is nice to fly one of the easiest helicopters to fly apart from the KA50 which is a dream to fly trimmed

FPS on my rig with a 3090 didn't change at all from the last build

VR issues I have found so far

AI George helper is in a terrible position for VR users compared to 2D, once again as with the Hind VR CPG issues and the display to set the flares and chaff in the Hind being in a terrible spot for VR, I dont believe they really test this stuff in VR as it would be very obvious of these issues.

Other than that its brilliant in VR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dburne said:

Awesomeness! Enjoy those three days for sure. I look forward to having a go with it tomorrow - got most controller mapping done. Going to start with learning cold start and then see how I do with flying this bird. I so loved Janes Longbow back in the 90's.  Both Longbow I and II. It is so sweet to have a full fidelity model of it now. That is if I can learn this thing.

I am retired so I can spend many hours with it.

Yes, Jane's Longbow was a favoutite of mine, too. It's entirely possible that when I crank up the load with with a complex mission (or, flir, perhaps), this thing will run like a pig, If so, I'm sure it will be fixed .....but at the moment in VR... WOW!!!!  ... far better frame rates than the Mig-21

Edited by paulferris

Works great on my end in VR. When no TADS / PNVS FLIR view active the performance is really similar to the KA-50.

But having the TADS / PNVS active eats up to 25 % gpu-usage - but it depends on the rendered scenery.

Normally my GPU-load in VR with 40 FPS on Rift S is around 60-70 %. So enough headroom to fly even when TADS / PNVS is active.

The trim and rudder is a little bit tricky in low speeds and hovering. But flying more than 40 knots is very stable with the AH-64.

Overall pretty impressed with the launch. Looking forward to the upcoming bugfixes and future features.

Edited by Tepnox
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

It’s running pretty dang smooth for me. Takes a little longer to load when getting in the bird, but once everything is loaded in it’s gtg. No noticeable drops when I turn on the flir. Can’t figure out what’s wrong but can’t get the PNVS to come on. I have the NVS switch mapped to the boat switch on the warthog but I just get flir/flir in either position. 
5900x

6800XT merc

32Gb 3600

reverb G2 V1

It did not run well on my Quest 2/3070.  Got a little better when I cranked the resolution DOWN from my usual DCS settings.

One thing I found was that the IHADSS symbology seemed way too LARGE I had trouble seeing the Altitude as it seemed to be occluded by the cockpit ironwork and the IHADSS seemed to overflow the area of the cockpit glass.  Maybe there is a setting for this?

I also found the monocle piece that looks like a mirror sticking out that shows up on the right a little too intrusive, but it might be better if I could get the framerate up a bit.

EDIT: Turned monocle frame off and it was a little better but still symbology looked too big. Might try the LEFT eye and see if it is any better.

Well, I am going to watch some videos and read the manual in case I missed some settings.

Edited by Recluse

Very immersive, but I hope the performance will be polished (about 100% per.f gain can be used, worse than Mi24 right now).

We REALLY NEED the Vulkan + Multicore + VR optimization for this one, I hope that development is still going well...

Buying GPU is not feasible nowadays, as even a 3090 or 3080Ti can struggle sometimes with high resolution headsets.

The monocule symbology also seemed a bit inflated for me, is it at correct scale? I have to tudn off the helmet / monocule frame to have the symbology only.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Awesome so far. I'm getting great clarity and fps even without a working shader mod. Only running VRPK, SVRSS 100/100.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Just flew. Flies awesome when TADS/FLIR isn't activated for pilot position. Once I turn that on I lose frames almost instantly and the screen starts to tear and chop. Unplayable afterwards. Hopefully it's fixed in a patch soon. Very fun to fly in the meantime.

Core i9 7900X, 10 core

RTX3080

32GB

Oculus Q2

Able to run F16/F18 at 45 fps stable, except explosions and at carrier, device at 90Hz, max resolution

but, AH64, 22fps to 8fps

Reduced Oculus Q2 to the low recommended resolution, fps no change, still 22fps to 8fps, nausea inducing, unplayable.

Update:

I up the Q2 device resolution back to max, 90Hz... and changed DCS's general settings to VR preset.

I was able to get wildly swinging fps between 8 and 30 fps, but mostly at around 30 fps, on the ground. Did a cold start... and then flew up... once I am up at around 200 ft agl, my fps returned to about stable 45 fps.

So, it's definitely stuff on the ground causing the fps drop. Perhaps remove those fuel truck, guys with M4 standing guards and got killed by my landing (I forgot to bind the toe brakes so I mowed him over)?

However, this thing has the tendency of swinging left and right slightly. I am no chopper pilot, not sure if this is normal. 

Edited by Hempstead

I was amazed by the monocle, there's even reflections happening on the thing the sight glass is attached to. Hats off, ED even thought of the details here!
Also, it's nicely animated when you switch the IHADSS off, but the animation is missing when you switch it back on. Pretty sure that gets fixed soon though.

First flight was great, but it ended in a crash - of what's probably one of the worst pieces of software that exists on the entire planet. If only the Reverb G2 wouldn't require that utterly unreliable WMR software, it would actually be a great headset. Switching to CV1, I presume... NGL, I probably have accumulated more hours in troubleshooting the G2 than actually using it for what it's made for. Oculus things just work.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Certainly not. My rig's performance so far also seems to be less than it used to be (but still flyable), but I haven't tried other modules yet and this basically is in early access still and it's not uncommon that things still need to get fleshed out.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Im seeing a max of 30fps right now and worse with the IHADDS night vision turned on. Didnt change any settings and in the F18 I can get a pretty consistent 40-45 in most situations in my G2 with 80% SS in steam and no shadows in game. This is very demanding for sure. Not very enjoyable in VR 

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Getting about 30 fps with it on Caucuses map, no setting changes. Flying the exact same mission in Ka-50 gives 50-60 fps. This is with a reverb G2 and 2080S.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

My current gaming laptop (RTX 2070) is faulty and won't run anything graphics intensive. But when it worked, the F-14 was the most demanding module for me with no chance of playing it in VR (Index), whereas the FC3 modules were just about acceptable providing the map wasn't to busy.

My next laptop (3070 Ti) is on order but won't get it for another couple of weeks. Pre-ordered this module on day 1 and really hoping it performs better than the F-14 and that the 3070 Ti gives me a nice uplift from the RTX 2070.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

5950x, 3090  and a G2 using vrperfkit and I can get perfectly smooth vr with steam motion smoothing. As others have said the monocle is great and gives us VR users far more immersion compared to pancake users. Only flown a few training missions and instant action and not fired the weapons yet but I'm sure the HMD targeting is an absolute joy in VR.

Agree that the George menu is not located in a good place.

Edited by shrimpy_dikdik