Countdown to Release

Me haces reír.

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Make sure you have disk space though. Almost forgot the clean out my drive. 😱

Thanks for the reminder -- and yes, there is enough space.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 minute ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

I was just shocked by the number of people on this page. 😱

Once the patch goes live, we will be gone...the forum will be empty, void, none, zip...

• Like 5

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

i wish there was a way that when i run the updater it doesnt automatically start my VR version of the game. it gets annoying waiting for all that crap to start up just to shut it down.

someone in one of my discords just said 9-line put up a countdown timer ending at 2PM.  unknown what time zone.  or where he supposedly posted it...

Edited by clayvt

5 minutes ago, pii said:

they just recently tweeted it is already uploaded and they are waiting to give people one last chance at pre-order.

Well they said they were giving people a chance at pre-order while it was being uploaded. It isn't being held back for those late-comers 🤣

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

1 minute ago, clayvt said:

i wish there was a way that when i run the updater it doesnt automatically start my VR version of the game. it gets annoying waiting for all that crap to start up just to shut it down.

Do you use Skate Zilla's DCS Updater??? its perfect!

• Like 1

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Just now, clayvt said:

Task Manager/End task     ???

1 minute ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Nope. If you buy a module, it works on both as long as they're patched in. If you buy the Viper, you can fly it on both versions.

If you bought the Viper when it was released it would have been on OB only. It is always the way, initial release is only available on OB and when considered suitably stable gets promoted to stable version. It is exactly what the names beta and stable imply. So no, if you are on stable the module you have pre-purchased will not be initially available. So they are absolutely bound by versions.

Fortunately as others have mentioned the GUI updater can quickly transfer between versions and only download the deltas.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

everyone is talking about how long till it releases but forgets that it will take just as long to download lol

• Like 2

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

1 minute ago, clayvt said:

I believe just go under Start menu to Eagle Dynamics , Open Beta Update

• Like 1

Just now, DOG said:

Task Manager/End task     ???

SkateZillas Utility?

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Just now, clayvt said:

someone in one of my discords just said 9-line put up a countdown timer ending at 2PM.  unknown what time zone.  or where he supposedly posted it...

Get Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher and ALL your problems will be history!

• Like 3

Just now, clayvt said:

I dont, just one more piece of software to have to worry about.  theres already enough programs that go along with DCS

It's just a perfect piece of software, give it a try!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clayvt said:

There is an .exe that just updates the game without actually launching it. Search for "Update" in the start menu and it should appear.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Woohoo! Updating!

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs