Viggen Patch March 17th 2022 Feedback Thread

IronMike

Dear all, as always we kindly ask you for your feedback regarding the recent patch. Our main focus this patch was improving INS and engine related issues and squashing some long standing bugs. Please take a look at the changelog below. Thank you all!

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Shifted the RPM indicator resulting in more accurate indications.
  • Adjusted drag in landing configuration to match irl performance more closely.
  • Cleaned old ISA deviation dependencies, preventing performance fluctuations at different heights.
  • Added new ISA deviation model.
  • Fixed RPM indicator fluctuation.
  • Fixed engine RPM oscillations at idle RPM both on ground and in flight. 
  • CK-37 now shows the weapon station status in TAKT mode.
  • Fixed Radio PTT buttons not working properly.
  • Added third Radio PTT keybinding for short press to open comms menu and long press (hold) allowing transmission over VOIP.
  • Fixed Gyros not erecting in level flight - replaced the old pitch and roll error model with a quaternion based model.
  • Fixed rearmed RB-75s to cause the EP13 sight to stop working.
  • Fixed no response from Ground Crew. 
  • Fixed navigation coordinates updating with weight-on-nosewheel.
  • Fixed a bug in TimeToBeginPullUp for the ARAK sight.
  • Fixed AKAN pod under-/overshooting issues.
  • Fixed mission sound for parking brake. 
  • Fixed and re-added not working training missions. 
  • Added new and replaced old Cold Start Instant Action Mission for Caucasus.
  • Fixed countermeasure amount in campaign and IA Missions, set to 208 chaff and 72 Flares - changing the amount will break correct dispensing intervals.
  • RENSA cover toggles correctly when switched via key binding.
  • ADI flags and fuel indicator should behave properly during failures.
  • Fixed high pressure valve not functioning correctly.
  • Fixed RWR indicator lights not being visible at night
  • Lowered opacity of exterior canopy glass
  •  Fixed PS-37 radar stick fix-switch functionality.
  •  Fixed aircraft dumping all flares within seconds when pressing the quick dispense button

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Some nice fixes there, looking forward to trying them out.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Still, couldn't see any fix for weapon switch keybindings in the list.
I didn't check the cockpit, tho.

I use obsessively home-cockpit-addicted. 😄 If I can't assign switches to my cockpit, I can't fly properly. 😄
Sorry for that.

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

1 minute ago, Devrim said:

Still, couldn't see any fix for weapon switch keybindings in the list.
I didn't check the cockpit, tho.

I use obsessively home-cockpit-addicted. 😄 If I can't assign switches to my cockpit, I can't fly properly. 😄
Sorry for that.

What's that bug specifically? Please refresh my mind. Maybe we can give it some extra attention for the next patch. Thanks!

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Hi,

Replaced the old pitch and roll error model with a quaternion based model. -> What exactly is that supposed to be? What kind of change does this bring?

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Standby compass always shows 0, seems not rotating at all. Happend in a MP flight this evening.
In SP it works. Investigating now.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Can you describe what is still amiss please? Thank you.

When I release the pedals, the parking brake turns off. Sometimes after many tries it works and stay engaged, sometimes not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Hi,

Replaced the old pitch and roll error model with a quaternion based model. -> What exactly is that supposed to be? What kind of change does this bring?

Apologies the changelog is a bit too specific. This just means we reworked the gyroscope to behave more like a gyroscope. For example, if the gyro has 10 degrees pitch up error while facing north then it will show 10 degrees down while facing south, this is because the gyro rotation is (approximately) fixed. This was necessary to fix the issues with the HUD/ADI becoming misaligned and not erecting correctly. The ADI will erect correctly now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My apologies, I forgot to add two entries to the changelog:

•  Fixed PS-37 radar stick fix-switch functionality.
  •  Fixed aircraft dumping all flares within seconds when pressing the quick dispense button
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

vor 4 Stunden schrieb JNelson:

Apologies the changelog is a bit too specific. This just means we reworked the gyroscope to behave more like a gyroscope. For example, if the gyro has 10 degrees pitch up error while facing north then it will show 10 degrees down while facing south, this is because the gyro rotation is (approximately) fixed. This was necessary to fix the issues with the HUD/ADI becoming misaligned and not erecting correctly. The ADI will erect correctly now. 

Thanks

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Flew on enigma today and yesterday and I noticed 2 things.

-after starting the viggen as usual the engine is kind of surging, the idle is moving up and down like there is a lack of fuel. It is not really a problem, I basically added some power and it stops. I can't really figure if it is a bug or just more realism added?

- This one is a lot more annoying... I can't receive the audio from the DCS Awac using the radio... No problem hearing SRS or the Bot but I can't hear the AWAC. I did try with a friend and he can hear me on the awac frequency asking for bogey dope and he told me He can hear the awac answer but I don't hear a thing. Yes I did increase the volume 😄

Bug or something new?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 12:30 AM, Moose349 said:

Flew on enigma today and yesterday and I noticed 2 things.

-after starting the viggen as usual the engine is kind of surging, the idle is moving up and down like there is a lack of fuel. It is not really a problem, I basically added some power and it stops. I can't really figure if it is a bug or just more realism added?

What was the temperature of the mission? We fixed the oscillations, but found that something else now was causing them below 0°C. Thank you.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

After last patch, I can still use Comm menu ( / ), but can't hear nor read answers from ATC, AWACS and Flight anymore. Commands work, just no answers appear. Same problem with other mods, except those from in-house Eagle Dynamics. Reading on other threads, it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks

Hi.
I confirm other reports- there is no audio response from ATC when using radio. It does however respond (I can see the message on the screen). FYI: no such problem e.g. on A10.
Additionally, the ground crew intercomm button does nothing, ground crew has to be contacted via '\'.

Cheers!

I just wanted to say thank you for supporting an old product. This is a really cool old jet, and it's nice to see it's being kept up to date. There are some big cold War birds coming, both from you guys, and other teams.  Its nice to see this old bird will be ready when they arrive. 

Edited by FlankerKiller
  • Like 3

Am 22.3.2022 um 22:14 schrieb Giggex:

After last patch, I can still use Comm menu ( / ), but can't hear nor read answers from ATC, AWACS and Flight anymore. Commands work, just no answers appear. Same problem with other mods, except those from in-house Eagle Dynamics. Reading on other threads, it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks

Try to use the FR22 Push to talk button.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells