video producers: Do a remake of the old Jane's AH-64D Longbow Intro pls

VTJS17_Fire

No more to say 😁

• Like 6

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They were THE producer of excellent videos back then.  I remember the anticipation of seeing those intro movies the first time you ran the executable.  Ahhh, fond memories.  

Funny how my memories of that video don't stand up to the real thing all these years later - wow, has technology come a LONG way.  Can't wait to see what ED releases for their trailer.  Better yet, can't wait to hop in and take her for a spin.  Won't have to wait much longer.  😃

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 3/17/2022 at 6:40 PM, VTJS17_Fire said:

No more to say 

You just made me realize that I had waited over 25 years to be able to fly this machine again.

obraz.png

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Sooo many memories of the old Janes Longbow 🙂 Ever since I got the first DCS World I kept my fingers crossed that we one day would get an Apache. Normally I am jets all the way, but the Apache have a special status for me (thanks the those old Janes Longbow's). Thank you ED for finally including the AH64 🙂

• Like 1

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

6 hours ago, Rick50 said:

Will this do instead?

Try with the sound muted if too much fromage

Nope. 🥲

5 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

You just made me realize that I had waited over 25 years to be able to fly this machine again.

obraz.png

feel it.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dunno, I find all of them too cheezy, but I certainly welcome any DCS movie makers attempting to recreate improved versions of all of these! 

Then again, I don't think anyone can save Firebirds from the dialogue or overacting!

One intro I always loved was Hornet 3.0, and at the time I REALLY wished that I wouldn't have to wait very long for graphics to match those of the vid... well it took a lot longer than I thought it might... but clearly DCS just blew past the intro graphics and into another dimension!

One thing is clear, DCS Apache has higher quality resolution than Firebirds ever had... not to mention realism... removal of fromage... and no goofy muzik... 

BTW: did I see Nexus-6 Rachel take a Stinger off the side of the Apache, shoulder mount it and fire?!? What's going on with that?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

One thing is clear, DCS Apache has higher quality resolution than Firebirds ever had... not to mention realism... removal of fromage... and no goofy muzik... 

BTW: did I see Nexus-6 Rachel take a Stinger off the side of the Apache, shoulder mount it and fire?!? What's going on with that?!

😅😂 Yeah, Firebirds was ... special. ^^

Benjamin Gates shot the AH-6 Super Wario with its rockets, instead with his Stinger Missiles. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mean the woman, Sean Young, who went to the commander's crashed bird, seems to take a Stinger off the winglet, shoulders it, and fires at an enemy helo... ?!?  Was that ever a thing?! Carrying the ground/shoulder FCS in a compartment, to mount a Stinger for shoulder use?! Kinda thinking it's something they dreamed of but probably never got done?