14 day free trial when?

YeetMcDabbington

• ED Team

Hi, 

free trial is not available yet, but will be in the near future. 

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• NineLine pinned and locked this topic

So....any news about when the rest of us who are on the fence can try the helicopter in the trial? Not asking for an exact date, but would really like to know whether it's coming while the Apache is still in 20% EA discount or not? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• ED Team

In the near future, I can not give a date currently for the free trial. 

Obviously the team want the AH-64D to be as stable as possible for people to try, the early access launch and 1st bug fix patch have been completed, now early access continues, we will get feedback and reports from our teams and users and then we can decide how to move forward. 

Early access 20% discount will remain until early access is finished, I dont have a date for that, but it wont be soon, early access does take time. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

44 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

In the near future, I can not give a date currently for the free trial. 

Obviously the team want the AH-64D to be as stable as possible for people to try, the early access launch and 1st bug fix patch have been completed, now early access continues, we will get feedback and reports from our teams and users and then we can decide how to move forward. 

Early access 20% discount will remain until early access is finished, I dont have a date for that, but it wont be soon, early access does take time. 

thanks

Thanks for the reply. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Is the AH-64 ever gonna have a 14 day trial any time soon? I can't buy it without a test drive. I was gonna buy the Mi-24 a while back but thought I better try it first. Glad I did. I absolutely hated it. So I gotta have a test flight in the Apache before it ever sits in my hangar.

• Like 2

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

vor 54 Minuten schrieb brettt777:

Is the AH-64 ever gonna have a 14 day trial any time soon? I can't buy it without a test drive. I was gonna buy the Mi-24 a while back but thought I better try it first. Glad I did. I absolutely hated it. So I gotta have a test flight in the Apache before it ever sits in my hangar.

This question has already been answered, the trial will be available soon.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

• ED Team

posts merged

Free trial is planned for the near future. 

The team obviously want the free trial users to have the best possible experience, once the team are happy the bigger issues are resolved with the early access I am sure we will see the free trials start, but it is the teams call. 

thanks

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another broken promise.  

11 June 2021:

Today, we are also introducing a new Free to Play system that lets you evaluate all of our modules (aircraft and maps) for 14 days. You can play each module sequentially for 14 days or any number of them at a time. Once you have ‘consumed’ the 14 days, you will be given another 14 day free trial period for all modules six months later. Enjoy the offer and please tell your friends!

Understand that it's not in a condition you want to show off yet but whose fault is that?

12 hours ago, SMH said:

Another broken promise.

Understand that it's not in a condition you want to show off yet but whose fault is that?

Entitled much? Seems like an awful attitude, or then I misinterpreted your meaning.

Please understand that it's an early access module in a very early stage, essentially open beta testing. It's not a finished module. The fact that we have access to it now is a privilege, not a basic human right, as you seem to assume. They could have chosen to finish it to the point where they could be sure it's ready for everyone to enjoy fully and bug free, but then we'd all be waiting for another 1-5 years for them to finish all the features and to do very extensive internal testing so that no one could be able to complain about bugs and such. But instead they chose to open it to the public in the beta stage, which means that now we can enjoy the features that are (almost) finished, and also provide them feedback to make it better. In either case, you wouldn't get that free trial access yet. If you wish to take part in the beta, you can buy it at a discounted price. If you wish to evaluate it for free, you have to wait until they decide it's ready enough.

That said, it's a wonderful module and while it still has (minor) issues, the advertised features are there and it's an absolute joy to fly and play, especially with a human copilot. On purely my own opinion and speculation, I'd just give some time for the flight model/SCAS behavior to stabilize and mature (there were some quite big changes in the latest patch) and more intelligence to the George AI (to be more enjoyable in SP) before giving it out for free trial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toge said:

Entitled much? Seems like an awful attitude, or then I misinterpreted your meaning.

Please understand that it's an early access module in a very early stage, essentially open beta testing. It's not a finished module. The fact that we have access to it now is a privilege, not a basic human right, as you seem to assume. They could have chosen to finish it to the point where they could be sure it's ready for everyone to enjoy fully and bug free, but then we'd all be waiting for another 1-5 years for them to finish all the features and to do very extensive internal testing so that no one could be able to complain about bugs and such. But instead they chose to open it to the public in the beta stage, which means that now we can enjoy the features that are (almost) finished, and also provide them feedback to make it better. In either case, you wouldn't get that free trial access yet. If you wish to take part in the beta, you can buy it at a discounted price. If you wish to evaluate it for free, you have to wait until they decide it's ready enough.

That said, it's a wonderful module and while it still has (minor) issues, the advertised features are there and it's an absolute joy to fly and play, especially with a human copilot. On purely my own opinion and speculation, I'd just give some time for the flight model/SCAS behavior to stabilize and mature (there were some quite big changes in the latest patch) and more intelligence to the George AI (to be more enjoyable in SP) before giving it out for free trial.

So, not appreciating being lied to over and over again is "entitlement" now?

13 hours ago, ddc196 said:

The AH-64 is in awesome condition. Been flying it since release and have very few complaints. 

Then why don't they let us demo it?

Edited by SMH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SMH said:

So, not appreciating being lied to over and over again is "entitlement" now?

Then why don't they let us demo it?

Because those of us who paid for it have dibs. And yes, you are entitled much. 😉

It seems to me that new modules won't come to free to play immediately, I think that is a wise decision, or pre-orders will probably be a thing of the past. 

• Like 3

• ED Team

Free trials of products are not a "nice thing to do", they are intended to increase the success of a product by providing a sample to entice a potential customer to purchase it. It is a tool for marketing, and is subject to standards of finality that the developer may wish to set that they feel will provide that intended result.

Early access and the Open Beta is a voluntary program that let's paying customers actively take part in the development process by providing feedback and bug reporting to cover a much wider range of use cases and hardware configurations. There was no such promise made that a product is released for free trial the same time it is released into Early Access.

Welcome to how the world works. If you want a product at your convenience, purchase it. If you are not willing to pay for a product, expect to receive access to it at the developer's convenience, and when they feel it is appropriate for the success of the product.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

19 hours ago, SMH said:

Another broken promise.  

11 June 2021:

🙄 oh, how I wish for a thumbs down reaction, it is sorely needed to show our disagreement with entitled posts 👎

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB