14 day free trial when?

YeetMcDabbington

Not outright lied to at all. They never promised that the modules would be available to try for free immediately on release ASAP and not another day longer which is what you're reading into it. You're also quoting a post  - something that was written well before the AH was even released. They've said that all modules will be available free to try, and I expect they will prove you wrong and them honest on this one was well in the near future looking back to this post.

Honestly - I find it difficult to read this any other way than a troll post.

First a false accusation of a broken promise - where there is none unless you read into it the way you want it to be.

Second - a false accusation that it's not in a condition they want to show it off when they've not only shown it off, but many of us are enjoying it, and they've been 'showing it off' for some time.

And thirdly - implications that they never do what they say they will (.. with the 'for once' comment).

... with nothing constructive added inbetween. I can fully understand why people are using the word entitled here with what I'm reading. What were you expecting to get as a result? Flaming and negative posting to serve what purpose? I can't see it - hence why I'm finding it difficult to read this any other way than a troll post. 

Maxsenna has given a very reasonable and plausible reason as to one of the reasons why they are unlikely to give free access to new modules straight after release and may wait a short while for anyone and everyone with the capability and willingness to consider a bigger picture. 

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 3

To a point can understand wanting it to be in a good condition for evaluating, but that only goes so far. It cannot be in a state that isn't good enough for a 14 day trial to evaluate yet at the same time be good enough to charge over $60 to purchase without trying first.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

yet at the same time be good enough to charge over $60 to purchase without trying first.

They are giving a 20% discount in exchange for early adoption ... the choice is on the buyer's ... but no point in complaining about not being able to test drive it first, there are plenty of youtube reviews where one can form a pretty good idea of what state the module is in.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

While I do understand your wish to try it, and I don't want to dis on you, you do come off a pretty much entitled here. Sorry for that.
It was a successful release. No doubt about it.
But have you considered that not having it available in the free to play program on the first day, is a courtesy to those of us that actually had faith and preordered?
Now it is in Early Access, and I'm quite sure that many more have purchased after watching the rave reviews!
You know you can test it on Steam for a couple of hours and have a refund, right?

And don't give me that crap that other dude was moaning about, what was said last June. Yes, they did say "All our modules", but this goes both ways. They never said anything about future modules. Don't remember about the Hind, but the Mossie was not available on the first day, so one must be pretty dense to assume the Apache would.

If your computer can run it, I can almost promise you that you'll like it.
I have shelved it, because my computer can't. It turns nine these days, and even if it did cost about USD 5K in it's days, I'm not complaining.
Again, I'm not picking a fight, but only paying customers are entitled in my book.
Now, I do wish ED will say something, or we will have this ridiculous complaining that will taint every future release.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

They are giving a 20% discount in exchange for early adoption ... the choice is on the buyer's ... but no point in complaining about not being able to test drive it first, there are plenty of youtube reviews where one can form a pretty good idea of what state the module is in.

That is frankly nonsense. Giving a discount for something which is still over $60 to purchase, yet claiming is it not in a good enough state to offer a trial prior to purchase is indefinable.

Be sure to purchase your next car based only on youtube videos since you believe so strongly they are as good at trying something yourself. Take to heart the saying "it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Your posts had done the latter for you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

Take to heart the saying "it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Your posts had done the latter for you.

Maybe a fool ... but not an entitled fool 🙄 ... don't worry, I will be silent for you thanks to the ignore feature of this forum ... cheers 😇

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, JeffreyC said:

That is frankly nonsense. Giving a discount for something which is still over $60 to purchase, yet claiming is it not in a good enough state to offer a trial prior to purchase is indefinable.

Nonsense? You two are the ones claiming it's not ready for free to play. Like I wrote, I'm pretty sure this ain't the reason. 😊 

Be sure to purchase your next car based only on youtube videos since you believe so strongly they are as good at trying something yourself. Take to heart the saying "it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Your posts had done the latter for you.

Riddle me this. What other flight Simulators let you try before you buy? 

Yeah, yeah. Xbox game pass do of course. 😊

Ain't got no clue what kind of car you drive, but I assume it's at least USD 10K if it's new. 

60 dollars.... Seriously! Free to play is a new concept from less than a year ago. (Except when they tried it out out for a short time period in 2020).

Please indulge me and tell me why you demand it here and now? 

I don't get it! 

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Nonsense? You two are the ones claiming it's not ready for free to play. Like I wrote, I'm pretty sure this ain't the reason. 😊 

Riddle me this. What other flight Simulators let you try before you buy? 

Yeah, yeah. Xbox game pass do of course. 😊

Ain't got no clue what kind of car you drive, but I assume it's at least USD 10K if it's new. 

60 dollars.... Seriously! Free to play is a new concept from less than a year ago. (Except when they tried it out out for a short time period in 2020).

Please indulge me and tell me why you demand it here and now? 

I don't get it! 

The only so called "demand" is precisely what was processed. And wasn't a demand at all but rather pointing out the premise the DCS has given for the trial they THEY brought forth it inconstant with their present action. A product cannot be both in too bad of a state to offer the trial and at the same time be in so good a state as to charge for.

It is so nice to hear you are independently wealthy that you think $60 is nothing. That is the most entitled thing anyone has ever said.

That was nonsense. What others do is irrelevant to what THIS company does. Truly I think you must be trolling because I cannot believe anyone would be so utterly without thought. People simply cannot be as stupid as they are appearing to be in this forum.

Yea, you don't get it. Because you're to busy spouting off without thinking. A very good example of what is wrong with far too many communities. At least there is an ignore feature for toxic posters.

• Like 1

• ED Team
7 hours ago, agamemnon_b5 said:

Not this one, apparently.

We have made it very clear it is coming to the free trial. 

The team wants to ensure the free trial is the best experience possible and have decided to clear some of the early bugs before releasing it to free trial.

Hopefully not much longer to go. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hope not much longer also, but this also goes into the problem; how can it be not a good enough experience to let people try yet at the same time is a good enough experience to charge for. 🤔 This has resulted in a rather bad impression.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

Hope not much longer also, but this also goes into the problem; how can it be not a good enough experience to let people try yet at the same time is a good enough experience to charge for. 🤔 This has resulted in a rather bad impression.

They charge (a reduced price) for the full product, while giving you early access to it. They don't charge you for the Early Access to then not give you the full release product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnzoF98 said:

They charge (a reduced price) for the full product, while giving you early access to it. They don't charge you for the Early Access to then not give you the full release product. 

20% off is very little. And charging anything while it it "not a good enough experience" make NO business sense at all. I don't know what people have such a problem with wrapping their heads around with that or are just DCS/Apache "fanning" to ignore sense and logic.

• Like 2

• ED Team

I don't know what people have such a problem with wrapping their heads around with that or are just DCS/Apache "fanning" to ignore sense and logic.

Ok, let's consider this logically...Those players that pre-ordered the AH-64D before the module was even released into Early Access, or those that have already bought it after release in Early Access, had already made up their mind that they were going to purchase the DCS AH-64D without any free trial. This could have been from any combination of factors that range from the preview videos and screenshots, review videos done by content creators, or previous positive experiences with other helos developed by ED.

Those that haven't purchased the module yet are obviously not yet decided that they want to purchase it, or leaning towards purchasing it at some date in the near future, but may be waiting to see how the Early Access progresses. This crowd is the primary group ED is most likely targeting with their "free trial" program for their modules. So if such a demographic aren't interested in spending money on a product after seeing all the same preview videos, screenshots and reviews as those that have, a bad first impression during a free trial is quite likely not going to entice them to actually buy it. Therefore, ED is gauging when they think the module is in a certain state that they think a free trial will maximize additional sales from those potential customers that remain undecided whether to purchase it.

It actually makes quite a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

20% off is very little. And charging anything while it it "not a good enough experience" make NO business sense at all. I don't know what people have such a problem with wrapping their heads around with that or are just DCS/Apache "fanning" to ignore sense and logic.

I don't know why people can't wrap their heads around the fact that they have bought the full product at a discount, it's just not released yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

It is kind of wild that people ask for a discount to an already discounted product. 20% off is a great deal!

Yep. Its a worh every cent 🙂 (it should also be remembered that the biggest discounts are during the pre-order, which usually lasts more than a month. It was -30% as I remember).

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

43 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yep. Its a worh every cent 🙂 (it should also be remembered that the biggest discounts are during the pre-order, which usually lasts more than a month. It was -30% as I remember).

Indeed!

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

8 hours ago, EnzoF98 said:

I don't know why people can't wrap their heads around the fact that they have bought the full product at a discount, it's just not released yet.

Well it looks like there are just a bunch of idiots on here which is truly VERY sad to see.

8 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Ok, let's consider this logically...Those players that pre-ordered the AH-64D before the module was even released into Early Access, or those that have already bought it after release in Early Access, had already made up their mind that they were going to purchase the DCS AH-64D without any free trial. This could have been from any combination of factors that range from the preview videos and screenshots, review videos done by content creators, or previous positive experiences with other helos developed by ED.

Those that haven't purchased the module yet are obviously not yet decided that they want to purchase it, or leaning towards purchasing it at some date in the near future, but may be waiting to see how the Early Access progresses. This crowd is the primary group ED is most likely targeting with their "free trial" program for their modules. So if such a demographic aren't interested in spending money on a product after seeing all the same preview videos, screenshots and reviews as those that have, a bad first impression during a free trial is quite likely not going to entice them to actually buy it. Therefore, ED is gauging when they think the module is in a certain state that they think a free trial will maximize additional sales from those potential customers that remain undecided whether to purchase it.

It actually makes quite a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint.

Nothing much to consider, it's VERY simple so many you can follow along. Product bad condition so can't let people try before buy which encourages sales, but product good to give money. This is flat out STUPID and it's REALLY sad so many people can't grasp this. It really shows the sharp decline there has been in the world.

• Like 2

• ED Team
41 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

Product bad condition so can't let people try before buy which encourages sales, but product good to give money.

It's more like "Some players don't want to spend money on the product now, so the company that makes the product gets to decide when they can play it for free" vs "Some players decide to pay money for the product now, so they get to play it now."

It's like a person going into a grocery store and asking for a free sample of the new menu item at the deli, and when they are told no the person points to the people in the checkout line paying money for the same thing and asking "Then why do they get to have any?"

Just to be clear, no one here is saying that wanting to try before you buy is wrong or a bad choice; I've used the free trial program myself a few times. We're just saying the justifications for some of the complaints in this thread are illogical within the context of how the world works. And to be blunt, insulting those that disagree with you never sways anybody to your side, neither in real life nor on the internet.

• Like 4

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Ok - so in your eyes it's stupid and you don't like it and many of us are a bunch of idiots. Fair enough - you're entitled to your opinion - and the message received loud and clear.

So why continue to whinge about it?  You have their answer and you disagree.  I mean - what positive outcome do you really expect to achieve by continuing to post your rants and insults? Regardless of the topic or objective or who's more 'right' - do you seriously think bagging ED continually and bagging them will encourage it's release sooner or convince them you're right?

I wondered why ED might not release the trials earlier and suspected it was based on potential sales. However your negative posts only make ED's decision not to release it to trial at this point in time seem wise and make sense - making me go "aaah - I see -  Releasing trial early would only encourage the complainers and those who can't understand "Early Access" and "Open Beta" to have their trial, then complain it wasn't working right and had bugs and they've lost their free 2 weeks of use and don't get to trial it again without bugs when the patches are released over the next few weeks". 

So, if you were wanting ED to reconsider - it's very likely the posts you're making here have damaged your cause because it's certainly enlightened me to ED's stated reason. (Mind you - calling others who disagree idiots probably hasn't helped either). 

So honestly I'm up for closing this thread. Question has been asked and answered. I can't see anything further positive discussions coming from this thread remaining open as it seems to be degrading into more insults as some people don't get their own way. 

• Like 5

• ED Team

Guys... lets be nice to each other.

When we are ready to put our the Trial for the AH-64D, we will put it out. The free trial thing is still fairly new, and how new modules release with it has changed based on previous modules, most likely, going forward the Producer overseeing the project will decide when he is happy for it to go to free trial based on the module and where it is in development. 

Really no need to fight about it, it will be part of the free trial system soon enough. 

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

14 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

So honestly I'm up for closing this thread

I agree +1, in the meantime we can add the toxic users to the ignore list 👍

• Like 5