AH64 Power not working

Grizzley78
Go to solution Solved by Grizzley78,

Anyone else having this issue?  Keyboard binds for PgUp/PgDown or +/- for the power controls aren't working.  I remapped them to joystick buttons and they still won't move.  Can't use the mouse to make them move either.  Can't start the thing without moving the power selectors to idle.

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried using the mouse to manipulate the controls, but the game just shows tooltips for the buttons underneath it. Keyboard bindings don't work for any of the power controls, nor do bindings for any of my Virpil devices.

• Solution
14 minutes ago, MalabarFront said:

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried using the mouse to manipulate the controls, but the game just shows tooltips for the buttons underneath it. Keyboard bindings don't work for any of the power controls, nor do bindings for any of my Virpil devices.

I figured it out.  The controls list is very confusing.  use the search feature to look for "Power" and you'll see that there is specifically a keybind for IDLE.  It's R/Alt-Home | End and R/Shift-Home | End for getting the power to IDLE.  Once it's at idle, then should be able to use the other keybinds to get it to flight.

30 minutes ago, MalabarFront said:

Amazing, thanks! That is absolutely not intuitive, but great that it only needs doing once and now I can actually start the beast.

Yeah, it's confusing because all the other DCS controls I've used have always used those combos for controlling the throttle regardless of position.  This control scheme separates out idle position.  Their tutorial only had Wags say "use a keybind".  He doesn't say which the default keybind is.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grizzley78 said:

Yeah, it's confusing because all the other DCS controls I've used have always used those combos for controlling the throttle regardless of position.  This control scheme separates out idle position.  Their tutorial only had Wags say "use a keybind".  He doesn't say which the default keybind is.  

Doubly confusing because even that aside, it should be fully workable with just a mouse if you haven't bound it. For something that isn't on my cyclic or collective, I actually don't even want it bound to anything.

33 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

Did you go through the startup tutorial? Clear as day. And do not confuse throttle with collective.

Yes. What's clear about it? It asks you to set the left power lever to idle when the NG% reaches 20%. That control can't be interacted with using your mouse, and the bindings you'd expect to work (increase smoothly/step) do nothing if the levers are set to the Off position.

Feel free to educate me here, because this was a real stumbling block for me.

3 minutes ago, MalabarFront said:

Yes. What's clear about it? It asks you to set the left power lever to idle when the NG% reaches 20%. That control can't be interacted with using your mouse, and the bindings you'd expect to work (increase smoothly/step) do nothing if the levers are set to the Off position.

Feel free to educate me here, because this was a real stumbling block for me.

Try button bindingd instead of axis.

There is a binding to toggle between stop and idle, and a seperate on to advance the power levers in increments to fly/override.

Also check the detent setting in the special options tab.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

There's a keybinding for left and right lever: Lever Move (Step)

I wish this function could move the lever all the way (from idle to lockout). 😕

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Are you sure it doesn't? Just asking... Now that I re-read the manual, I think the lockout position is maybe momentarily, with which you switch to "manual throttle", then move the throttle back immediately anywhere between FLY and IDLE, as power requirement dictates it. Wrong?

Right Alt Home - Engine 1 to Idle, Right Shift Home - Engine 2 to idle from cut off.

Right Alt End - Engine 1 from idle to cut off, Right Shift End - Engine 2 to cut off.

If that is what your refering to not being able to do to get the engine to start.

Same as all ED's modules.

edit: saw you found the answer sorry (it's late)

Edited by robgraham

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)