No new FLIR?

EasyEB

no new flir for me

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

On the Viper, it has been reversed. Almost like a photo negative.

Pics attached. Old White Hot and New White Hot....Not sure what happened.

Also attached a shot of the "NEW" Black Hot which resembles the old White hot more. It's completely backwards in my opinion...unless the Jet is colder than the ground. Or am I doing something wrong?

OLD White Hot (Closer to realistic because the Jet is "White Hot" and the Ground is "Black Cold") DCS Version 2.7.10

DCS_version_2_7_10_OldWhiteHot.png

New White Hot is backwards as the Jet is "Black Cold" in this "White Hot" mode showing the ground as "Hotter" than the Jet.... DCS Version 2.7.11

DCS_version_2_7_11_NEWWhiteHot1.png

New Black Hot resembles what White Hot SHOULD be showing. DCS Version 2.7.11

DCS_version_2_7_11_NEWBlackHot1.png

What's also bumming me out is the lack of heat recognition like they show in the Apache launch Video. Apparently the Apache can see heat. Even the afterburner heating up the ground. I've seen FLIR in real life and watched A-10's take off through FLIR and it looks like A-10's have afterburners cause you can see the heat coming out of the back of the engines. Kind of like the apache launch video.

Apache Launch Video

unknown.png

My guess is the system in place for the APACHE FLIR is NOT the same as the rest of the aircraft. Which is a bummer.

I noticed the same in the a-10c2 . Bhot  and whot look reversed now. Nothing like the images that were shown of what the new flir system looked like.. unless that was only for the Apache and not a representation of what the updated flir for other aircraft would look like.. slightly disappointing.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones