Tacan navigation - air refuling still not working

skywalker22

Hopefully this can get fixed soon! Fingers crossed for next patch.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

still no fix....

Mobo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero, CPU: i7-7700K @ 4,8, GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC, RAM: 32 GB G Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, SSD: Samsung EVO 1Tb, SSD2: Samsung EVO 512 GB, HDD: Seagate Baracude 2Tb, Soundcard: Asus Strix Raid Pro

Joystick: Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Base with 50CM2 Grip

Trottle: Virpil MongoosT-50CM Throttle V3

Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR

Track IR 5 Pro

Thrustmaster MFCD and Elgato Streamdeck XL

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/siema02/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/siema112/

• 2 weeks later...

Go into the ME and click on the tanker, find the waypoint that has the Tacan information in the Advanced (Waypoint Actions) and click on that. The tab that comes up to the left has a check box next to Bearing. For all of the tankers, make sure that this box is UNCHECKED. While in the mission, when you enter the Tacan channel, DO NOT select A/A, keep it on T/R. Now you will find that the Tacan for the tankers is functioning "normally" or rather, as you would expect it to. 👍

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a workaround for now, yes, but the issue remains that we should be in in a/a t/r, and that currently doesn't function correctly.  We'll see what the next patch notes say.

Edit: Looks like this has not been corrected in this patch.  @BIGNEWY what can I, or any other tanker bros, do to help convince the team to get this back to the previous correct implementation?

Edited by Chain_1
added text
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

So after talking to several people it seems TACAN breaks on DCS's side after a couple hours, some server have workarounds over the Communications menu but others dont.

I got it to work on a server but only in TCN REC and TCN T/R mode which is obviously wrong as well.

Any news? This is quite a longstanding bug now and seems very easy to fix. I have heard from many SMEs that tankers have A/A Tacan that only give a range with no bearing. 

Would be nice to get word from ED on the status of this. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Ok from the team, it is working as intended  

Tankers have "ground" type TACAN and should be communicated in T/R mode, not in A/A

T/R A-A is only for fighter-to-fighter TACAN comms

Are we still awaiting a fix if it is 'working as intended '?

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 7/25/2022 at 5:48 PM, Gierasimov said:

Are we still awaiting a fix if it is 'working as intended '?

Yes, because it's not correct.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

24 minutes ago, draconus said:

Yes, because it's not correct.

What would prompt ED to change it though? SME input? A document? It clearly is not a slipped through bug, but rather their intention it seems. 

I tried to talk to USMC Hornet driver at EPLK in April when they were there, but I was denied due to the nature of their visit.

I do not have any docs to support the original implementation, but if there are docs that are not classified, these must be submitted to ED.  

You and I been here long enough to know how it works with ED...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

5 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

I do not have any docs to support the original implementation, but if there are docs that are not classified, these must be submitted to ED.  

Imho there's enough evidence provided on the first page of this thread but there's no devs reaction since then. We don't know if anything more has been submitted in PMs.

The ATP-56(B) AIR-TO-AIR REFUELLING (AJP 3.3.4.2) doc was already mentioned, the link was provided. Always A/A TACAN and yardstick mentioned everywhere.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This hasn’t worked for me for a couple months. Flying MP yesterday I realized it was only happening to me. 

I put in the proper Tacan frequency for my tanker and I’m on send/receive. The tanker shows correct distance but my HSI shows it about 40 degrees from where it actually is. If I fly the bearing I go to the wrong place. 

Other than another repair (first didn’t fix it) what can I do to correct this?