DCS 2.7.11 - VR cursor persists too long

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

+1

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Yep. +1

i7 12700K,   RTX 4090,  MSI Z690 Carbon WiFi,  32GB x 2  DDR5 5200Mhz Ram,   Windows 11,    DCS Stand alone,   OpenXR Toolkit,   Pimax Crystal,   Thrustmaster Viper Stick with RealSimulator  FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra Base,    Winwing Orion 2 10th Anniversary with F-16EX Throttle Grip,    Virpil ACE Interceptor Pedals

+1 unfortunately

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

• ED Team

reported to the team, I will speak with the VR dev's in the morning. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Oh please let it be fixed in next update. This is killing !

And if it is possible (I will post this in the whishes too), can we have a method for centering the mousecursor in VR ?

Most of the time I point the cursor by moving my head. But sometimes that is not possible (I'm not an owl !) and I have to grab my physical mouse. So that works fine, but then I have to manually put the mousecursor back in the middle somewhere or I can't use it anymore with my headmovement...

A method for centering the mousecursor might be a key-binding or a setting that will center the mousecursor after 5 secs not beeing used or something like that.

Edited by MarcT-NL
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

reported to the team, I will speak with the VR dev's in the morning

Thank you! 🙂 

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

6 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Oh please let it be fixed in next update. This is killing !

And if it is possible (I will post this in the whishes too), can we have a method for centering the mousecursor in VR ?

Most of the time I point the cursor by moving my head. But sometimes that is not possible (I'm not an owl !) and I have to grab my physical mouse. So that works fine, but then I have to manually put the mousecursor back in the middle somewhere or I can't use it anymore with my headmovement...

A method for centering the mousecursor might be a key-binding or a setting that will center the mousecursor after 5 secs not beeing used or something like that.

Hi marcT_NL, for mouse centering, I'm using joyTokey.it's free (or you can license it if you like it) and has a lot of great features.
You just have to put a button of your joystick on a defined coordinates on the screen for your mouse.
I use joyTokey also to use 4 ways on my joy to move the cursor in the area I need so I don't have to go into "owl" mode. then after that I use the center button. I actually put a position a little below my gaze, so it's more like the nose click feeling.

If you use voiceattack, you can also use it to center the mouse position in an absolute position on the screen with your joystick.

It would be cool to have this same functions inside DCS tho.

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fly and let fly

18 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

reported to the team, I will speak with the VR dev's in the morning. 

thanks

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|