DCS 2.7.11 - VR cursor persists too long

Still persists in DCS 2.7.11.22041

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

+1 it sucks 🤬

• Like 3

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

On 3/22/2022 at 11:44 PM, BIGNEWY said:

reported to the team, I will speak with the VR dev's in the morning. 

thanks

Hi. Sorry to ask, but what did the VR dev's say ?  The universe is a bit disappointed that this wasn't fixed in last bugfix.

• Like 1

Can confirm this still happens after the patch from the other day. Extremely distracting at night since I can only ever put it to the corner of my FOV and is extremely bright compared to everything else. Please fix this soon ED!

• Like 3

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

17 hours ago, Scoggs said:

Can confirm this still happens after the patch from the other day. Extremely distracting at night since I can only ever put it to the corner of my FOV and is extremely bright compared to everything else. Please fix this soon ED!

As annoying as it is that the bug hadn't been fixed it is possible to get it out of your sightline.

Ensure that you use vr mouse and it's slaved to your head movements. Set the mouse to the middle of your FOV and bind mouse clicks & wheel to hotas buttons.

Right click the hotas to make it active and click the control you want, guiding the cursor with your head. Once you've clicked the control, look as far away outside of your FOV as you can and hold it there for a couple of seconds.

The mouse cursor will time out and get stuck in the same position. Now resume flying, next time you right click on the hotas the cursor will reappear in the middle of your FOV where you initially set it.

A minor buggeration but it does effectively get get it out of your sightline 🙂

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

On 4/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, edmuss said:

As annoying as it is that the bug hadn't been fixed it is possible to get it out of your sightline.

Ensure that you use vr mouse and it's slaved to your head movements. Set the mouse to the middle of your FOV and bind mouse clicks & wheel to hotas buttons.

Right click the hotas to make it active and click the control you want, guiding the cursor with your head. Once you've clicked the control, look as far away outside of your FOV as you can and hold it there for a couple of seconds.

The mouse cursor will time out and get stuck in the same position. Now resume flying, next time you right click on the hotas the cursor will reappear in the middle of your FOV where you initially set it.

A minor buggeration but it does effectively get get it out of your sightline 🙂

Phew... Nice idea.

The only problem is I think it's longer for me to read all these instructions than having the devs change a variable back to the previous value to solve the issue. 🙂

I don't think that this bug can't be solved in max 2 minutes. Very annoying indeed.

Edited by St4rgun
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Looks like they've tried to improve the functionality by allowing a re-centre of the mouse with a button click in "use mouse" mode as described above. Problem created is that it doesn't disappear. 

In VR head locked mode before you could make the cross disappear with a button click, now we're stuck with it always on. 

We are still unable to interact with the comms menu using head movement in "use mouse" mode yet we can with the head locked mode.

We've been asking for this to be fixed since 2016. 

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Right, the problem persist with today's update.

Edited by Colmillo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Yep issue is still there after today's hotfix. Maybe in next official update...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It's somewhat disappointing, given it can't be that complex to regress/fix....

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

This is doing my head in! I only recently returned to DCS after a year away and already I'm annoyed by the introduction of something which I never experienced in previous versions!

There must be a way of fixing this at least temporarily by editing a cfg or lua file somewhere?

Now this issue inherits to the stable version as well. Nice.

Unbelievable that is has not been eliminated in the last hotfix (2.7.11.22211).

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

9 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

Now this issue inherits to the stable version as well. Nice.

Unbelievable that is has not been eliminated in the last hotfix (2.7.11.22211).

Right now I'm downloading stable version... I very much hope ED does fix this in stable (and OB) before updating the OB only, which would mean that we stable users suffer from this bug for weeks or months. 😞

35 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Right now I'm downloading stable version... I very much hope ED does fix this in stable (and OB) before updating the OB only, which would mean that we stable users suffer from this bug for weeks or months. 😞

I think you're in for a disappointment...

• Like 3

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Perhaps the percentage of VR users is still very low as compared to 2d users and does not get as much attention in the priority list as other bug fixes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|