AH-64D Display export : Pilot's MPDs unavailable

• horus-DCS changed the title to AH-64D Display export : Pilot's MPDs unavailable
The MFD export actually works but I've only got CPG MPDs either in the pilot's cockpit or CPG's.
The viewport names are default(LEFT_MFCD, RIGHT_MFCD). Do I miss something? 

It looks like the CPG’s MPDs always ‘overwrite’ the pilot’s. I had to rename the CPG’s and place them some other coordinates to get the pilot’s normally.

ED devs, I think the CPG’s MPDs should be removed as the player occupies the pilot seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horus. Could you please explain what you did to the CPG MFDs

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Horus. Could you please explain what you did to the CPG MFDs

I can't explain specifically for now(not on the PC), but in short, find and open the device init lua files in ah-64 cockpit script folder and change the viewport names. Default names are LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD as I mentioned. Of course you have to make a new entry for the device in your monitor config file if you change them.

If you can't find the files I'll report it later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same problem here with multicrew screen exports. So as the pilot I see the CPG exports and cannot see the pilot exports if I do not change the monitorsetup file. Which cannot be done while on flight.

The viewport names are mentioned in <dcs folder>\mods\aircraft\ah-64d\cockpit\scripts\displays\MFD\device\MFD_device_IDs.lua.

PLT_LMFD, PLT_RMFD, CPG_LMFD, CPG_RMFD (I believe, the center monitor viewport is named TEDAC)

I think that the easiest fix would be having a to enable/disable exports just like in the Harrier and the Mirage 2000.

How do they solve this on the F-14?

38 minutes ago, Galwran said:

Same problem here with multicrew screen exports. So as the pilot I see the CPG exports and cannot see the pilot exports if I do not change the monitorsetup file. Which cannot be done while on flight.

The viewport names are mentioned in <dcs folder>\mods\aircraft\ah-64d\cockpit\scripts\displays\MFD\device\MFD_device_IDs.lua.

PLT_LMFD, PLT_RMFD, CPG_LMFD, CPG_RMFD (I believe, the center monitor viewport is named TEDAC)

I think that the easiest fix would be having a to enable/disable exports just like in the Harrier and the Mirage 2000.

How do they solve this on the F-14?

Maybe wrong but I'm not sure they do solve it on the 14.

From the pilot seat I have 3 exported displays in different positions.

The 2 pilot displays and the rio display all show when I'm in the pilot seat.

(I believe, the center monitor viewport is named TEDAC"

have you gotten this to work? That would be cool, i didnt see any reference to "try_find_assigned_viewport" (Tedac) when I was looking through the files last night, might have missed it though.

Edited by jonsky7

Best solution probably will be use specific display name, instead of generic LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD for both pilot and gunner seat.
Something like:
PLT_LMFD
PLT_RMFD
CPG_LMFD
CPG_RMFD
Will probably works, but must be done by ED to pass Integrity check and be able to use it in multiplayer.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

i did it and there are some problems but there is a work around ...
Firsto of All ALSO IF YOU CHANGE THE VIEWPORT NAME when you go inside the Apache you are in the Pilot side but with a fixed CPG displayed MFDs if you change to CPG the MFDs started to work and a TEDAC is displayed (if exported of course) THIS IT HAPPEN ALSO IF ONLY THE PILOT VIEWPORT ARE DEFINED INTO MONITORSETUP PROFILE!!!!

But i find that if Both The viewport are displayed they works properly but you have to show mfs in differend area ... so ... of course for pilot profile you can show also CPG viewport i configure them (left & right)  in monitorSetup profile with 1 pixel width and 1 pixel height with this work around i can get a Pilot MFDs working

Another problem is tha with the exported TEDAC io have a doubled displayed TEDAC inside the cocckpit  

2 hours ago, Ares63 said:

i did it and there are some problems but there is a work around ...
Firsto of All ALSO IF YOU CHANGE THE VIEWPORT NAME when you go inside the Apache you are in the Pilot side but with a fixed CPG displayed MFDs if you change to CPG the MFDs started to work and a TEDAC is displayed (if exported of course) THIS IT HAPPEN ALSO IF ONLY THE PILOT VIEWPORT ARE DEFINED INTO MONITORSETUP PROFILE!!!!

But i find that if Both The viewport are displayed they works properly but you have to show mfs in differend area ... so ... of course for pilot profile you can show also CPG viewport i configure them (left & right)  in monitorSetup profile with 1 pixel width and 1 pixel height with this work around i can get a Pilot MFDs working

Another problem is tha with the exported TEDAC io have a doubled displayed TEDAC inside the cocckpit  

screenie plz? or copy of file if ok? dying to get this to work!

at this point until they fix the TDAC doubling that people have reported I will do just fine getting my cougar MFD's back in the game.

15 hours ago, Ares63 said:

this is the base of my test
/z file is for ovGMe but should be unpack lua file should be copied in Config\MonitorSetup on Saved game or main ED directory

This is working for me.  Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

13 ore fa, Tobur ha scritto:

Cannot wrap my head around this work around. Anyone figured it out, how to create viewports for the Ah64 with Helios yet?

In this case you have to wait that someone will build AH64 profile and i guess also a new version of HELIOS

But there is nothing to do with this Work Around (don't forgt that HELIOS is the same workaround) the only feature that is missing in this solution (except of course all the graphics cockpit) is how to place the instriment ...
For this you can use "Mofiki's Coordinate Finder" app or you can create a dummy profile with Helios and then change the devices names

Otherwise wait!!!

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ares63 said:

/z file is for ovGMe but should be unpack lua file should be copied in Config\MonitorSetup on Saved game or main ED directory

AH64.7z 1.59 kB · 40 downloads Apache CPG.lua 740 B · 43 downloads Apache PLT.lua 853 B · 43 downloads

Hi, can you advise where the "Apache ***.lua" files should go please? Ta

EDIT - sorry, got it now - the LUA are display configurations(?)

Edited by Shrek

The ReShade website is here:

https://reshade.me/

One of the standard tools in it is called "UI Layer Mask" which allows you to mask off certain areas of the graphical output to be affected (or not) by reshade.  In that way you can have a brightness boot effect applied to just one monitor and not the other.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, Scaley said:

One of the standard tools in it is called "UI Layer Mask" which allows you to mask off certain areas of the graphical output to be affected (or not) by reshade.  In that way you can have a brightness boot effect applied to just one monitor and not the other.

Cool, thanks

2022/3/23 PM11点55分,Scaley说:

I cant find the “UI Layer Mask”,Only “UIMASKCREATOR”...

Hi, everything is OK with the CP/G on my 3 TM Cougar equipped with 3 LCD the 2 MFD and TEDAC are working fine and I even can use 7 buttons per side using the rockers but no way to switch to pilot MFD located at the same coordinates as’CP/G MFD in my monitor setup when I change seat using 1 and 2 keys…Anya idea ???

26A35961-E702-4A36-B58C-C2CA4D22A864.jpeg

Edited by Swson

16 hours ago, Swson said:

Hi, everything is OK with the CP/G on my 3 TM Cougar equipped with 3 LCD the 2 MFD and TEDAC are working fine and I even can use 7 buttons per side using the rockers but no way to switch to pilot MFD located at the same coordinates as’CP/G MFD in my monitor setup when I change seat using 1 and 2 keys…Anya idea ???

Have a look at this thread and the associated monitor setup luas

Edited by Scaley

Ares, thanks for this!! been a big help for me..

Bunny has made a helios interface!

cheers!

On 3/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ares63 said:

AH64.7z 1.59 kB · 65 downloads Apache CPG.lua 740 B · 64 downloads Apache PLT.lua 853 B · 72 downloads

Il 28/3/2022 at 14:39, Tobur ha scritto:

I tried this, but I still only get the MPDs from the CPG (not from pilot). Any further ideas?

did you try my files? did you change something in profile files?
fiirst have you to applyed  the MOD???

As i find (i guess as a BUG) there is ALWAYS an overlapping of CPG MFD over PILOT MFD ... this it happen also if the display are called in different way.
I found that id CPG MFD is show in different location the PILOT MFDs are displayed correctly, this is way i show CGP MFDs in PILOT profile in position 0,0 1 pixel hight and 1 pixel width