Tried different MFD exports

Ridley_Dog

En 20/3/2022 a las 12:06, Flipper dijo:

Thanks for the TEDAC_init! Will check it...

Ok: I can confirm, that the ingame TEDAC-monitor is ghosting - but the exported picture on my 8" Monitor is ok!

So, thats what I want, a working export for the moment.

Thanks!

Put the TEDAC in NIGHT mode, and the ghosting will go away. 

• Thanks 2

while piloting with the copilot MFCD's exported (which is wrong) I saw something strange floating around the cockpit. any idea what it is? I don't think it's part of any HMD or anything. maybe something to do with attempting to export the MFDs
1692248851_apachescreencap.thumb.jpg.17fc1d9fed71a6d15fcff10e3a2aca51.jpg123362688_apachescreencap2.jpg.png.21302478f99867508b2b21d30597c453.png

I am seeing this direct-to export artifact, too. Hopefully ED has noticed it.

Looks like the waypoint position that is visible in the cockpit....By the way, I encounter same problem as everyone but I can fly in CP/G position with all displays correctly present on my 3 Cougar including the TEDAC and without duplication

Also all noticed that MFD are numbered by the system from 0 to 3 with a MFD_id .... so it would have been possible if the position pilot or CP/G is somewhere in a variable to select the good MFD to export ....but where are these variables...

The update injected another issue with the PILOT DISPLAYS and CPG DISPLAYS.

I now have to comment out RIGHT_MFCD and LEFT_MFCD in the monitorconfig.lua (now i can't just hop into another aircraft with MFD exports or I have to rename every aircraft to a new variable)

and rename try_find_assigned_viewport line within MFD_cpg_left_init.lua MFD_cpg_right_init.lua MFD_plt_left_init.lua MFD_plt_right_init.lua to

another unique variable.

anyone else with the same issue?

Edited by JIGGAwest

I had the same issue. I ended up creating 2 monitor configs. A PLT one and a CPG one.  Just decide what I’m going to do, PLT or CPG set the option and fly.  Bit awkward but my export matches the seat I’m in now.

I use OVGME for reinstalling after an update. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

5 hours ago, JIGGAwest said:

The update injected another issue with the PILOT DISPLAYS and CPG DISPLAYS.

I now have to comment out RIGHT_MFCD and LEFT_MFCD in the monitorconfig.lua (now i can't just hop into another aircraft with MFD exports or I have to rename every aircraft to a new variable)

and rename try_find_assigned_viewport line within MFD_cpg_left_init.lua MFD_cpg_right_init.lua MFD_plt_left_init.lua MFD_plt_right_init.lua to

another unique variable.

anyone else with the same issue?

Yes, but this issue already existed before the patch as well. Ever since the Apache release.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

7 hours ago, DanDegen said:

Yes, but this issue already existed before the patch as well. Ever since the Apache release.

My monitor config had to be changed with the new update. Otherwise all I should have had to change was the the pilot/cpg init LUAs. 

Not sure why I have to comment out the RIGHT_MFD and the LEFT_MFD variables that I use for other aircraft. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

check out this thread 

Hey BN, is this officially recognized as a bug and being investigated? I haven't seen any movement on my bug report and want to make sure it's on people's radar. 

I totally understand that there were other higher priorities for the first patch, but a progress update on this would be nice. 

• Like 3

On 3/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, Sarge55 said:

I had the same issue. I ended up creating 2 monitor configs. A PLT one and a CPG one.  Just decide what I’m going to do, PLT or CPG set the option and fly.  Bit awkward but my export matches the seat I’m in now.

I use OVGME for reinstalling after an update. 

I think my brain got scrambled after reading every reply in this thread and now I am confused, I think i may as well just do the same thing, how did you do yours?

Edit: Resolved, followed instructions to rename the 4 ports in the 4 init files to individual names (instead of right mfd and left mfd) and then used the two for pilot in a new monitor config for the Apache pilot seat. Thank you everyone!

Edited by russhin
  • Like 1

Used to fly a plane once in a while, now I fly a chair every day! (7800K 5Ghz OC, EVGA 1080, 16Gigs, SSD, AIO)

Is there a solution that does not involve using a unique monitor config?  It would be cool if the MFDs could change dynamically when moving to the PLT or C/PG seats.  I'm not sure this is possible, given what little understanding I have of DCS viewport exports.  Hopefully someone muchly more cleverer than me can figure something out.

8 hours ago, Smashy said:

Is there a solution that does not involve using a unique monitor config?  It would be cool if the MFDs could change dynamically when moving to the PLT or C/PG seats.  I'm not sure this is possible, given what little understanding I have of DCS viewport exports.  Hopefully someone muchly more cleverer than me can figure something out.

That would be the ideal way things would work. But for that to happen, ED has to program that functionality into the base game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 10:24 AM, JIGGAwest said:

Anyone know why DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\LCD

(Left) MPD_LCD_*_Left.lua are set declareMFD(true) and the (Right) MPD_LCD_*_Right.lua are declareMFD(false) ?

I've wondered that myself, and I do not have a good answer. Changing the values does not make a noticeable difference on my setup.

Hello everyone, I usually fly in the pilot role, so I need to have the MFDs visible on top of the gunner's.
I have two monitors:
A: 27-inch monitor with 1920x1080 resolution
B: 11-inch monitor, with 1366x768 resolution

In order to view the pilot's MFDs alone, I have made the following changes to various files and a dual monitor setup I was already using for the F18.

1º- Change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_right_init, by RIGHT_MFCD_PLT
2º- Change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_left_init, by LEFT_MFCD_PLT
These files are located in the path
Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator

3º Copy and modify my monitor configuration file with the new parameters:

This file are located in the path

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Monitor Setup

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2M_AH64_1920x1848');
Description = 'Pilot MFD AH64'

--TOTAL VIEWPORT
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1.77777778;
     }
}
--LEFT
LEFT_MFCD_PLT =
{
     --x = 345;
     x = 45;
y = 1120;
     width = 530;
     height = 530;
}
--RIGHT
RIGHT_MFCD_PLT =
{
     --x = 1105;
x = 805;
     y = 1120;
     width = 530;
     height = 530;
}
--CENTER
CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 1400;
     y = 1100;
     width = 950;
     height = 740;
}
UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Once configured in the visual options of DCS the new file for the monitors works perfectly

IMG_20220524_141931.jpg

Edited by ospermor

1 hour ago, Peaches said:

Does this approach affect your monitor setup for other module, like the F18, or can you switch modules without having to adjust your lua files?

That will depend how you have your other modules set up. 

Right now, anything that exports to the LEFT_MPCD and RIGHT_MPCD viewports will blow up the Apache. If you do not have these viewports in your monitor config and use unique names for every other DCS module viewport, then the Apache and other modules can coexist. 

Yeah the default exports are needed for most modern Jets. The Apache is pretty much the only module that needs to have it's own separate monitor config. 

I hope ED fixes this and renames the CPG exports to remove the interference. 

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

hace 10 horas, Peaches dijo:

Does this approach affect your monitor setup for other module, like the F18, or can you switch modules without having to adjust your lua files?

I have several lua files with different monitor settings for each module I fly. In the system options of the configuration I change according to the module that I am going to fly.

The names inside the lua files (MFD_plt_right_init and MFD_plt_left_init) that I have changed only correspond to the AH64, you just have to be careful to change them again when there is an update.

2Mon_AH64.lua 2Mon_F18.lua

Edited by ospermor

That will depend how you have your other modules set up. 
Right now, anything that exports to the LEFT_MPCD and RIGHT_MPCD viewports will blow up the Apache. If you do not have these viewports in your monitor config and use unique names for every other DCS module viewport, then the Apache and other modules can coexist. 
Thanks, Bunny. I was afraid of that response. I don't want to go through and set up new export names for all the other modules, nor am I particularly happy to have to switch monitor setup lua files and restart DCS each time I swap to the Apache. Guess I'm waiting and hoping!
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Peaches said:

Guess I'm waiting and hoping!

Yup, me too. Unfortunately ED hasn't even acknowledged the issue, so I have no idea if or when a fix will arrive. 

For now I'm just flying the Apache on Open Beta and everything else on Stable. 

• Like 1