Tried different MFD exports

Ridley_Dog

En 25/5/2022 a las 23:15, Peaches dijo:
En 25/5/2022 a las 0:47, Bunny Clark dijo:
That will depend how you have your other modules set up. 
Right now, anything that exports to the LEFT_MPCD and RIGHT_MPCD viewports will blow up the Apache. If you do not have these viewports in your monitor config and use unique names for every other DCS module viewport, then the Apache and other modules can coexist. 

Thanks, Bunny. I was afraid of that response. I don't want to go through and set up new export names for all the other modules, nor am I particularly happy to have to switch monitor setup lua files and restart DCS each time I swap to the Apache. Guess I'm waiting and hoping!

It is easier to change the name of the MFD of the apache pilot, than the rest of the modules, and regarding restarting every time you change to apache, the only thing you have to do in the system options is to change the monitor option without the need of exit the simulator. I have several multi-monitor configurations and I choose the one that suits me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ospermor said:

It is easier to change the name of the MFD of the apache pilot, than the rest of the modules, and regarding restarting every time you change to apache, the only thing you have to do in the system options is to change the monitor option without the need of exit the simulator. I have several multi-monitor configurations and I choose the one that suits me.

Whenever I change monitor options, DCS restarts itself.  It's pretty painful to make the switch.  The only thing different between my usual monitor config and the Apache is the viewport names:

$ diff CUSTOM\ -\ AH-64D\ PLT\ MFDs.lua CUSTOM\ -\ default\ MFDs.lua
2c2
< name = _('CUSTOM - AH64D PLT MFDs');
---
> name = _('CUSTOM - default MFDs');
18c18
< AH64D_PLT_LEFT_MFCD =
---
> LEFT_MFCD =
26c26
< AH64D_PLT_RIGHT_MFCD =
---
> RIGHT_MFCD =

On 5/28/2022 at 3:27 AM, ospermor said:

Wait, you can change your monitor config file without restarting? How exactly do you do this?

hace 19 horas, JIGGAwest dijo:

Wait, you can change your monitor config file without restarting? How exactly do you do this?

Well, before it didn't restart, I think it was because the two configurations were exactly the same, but I see that now it restarts after changing the names of the MFDs. I don't know what the reason is

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, TAIPAN_ said:

Switch it to night mode.

Hi, 

I cant still get the pilot screens to come up just the CPG, no matter what I do. 

Even changed my entire airplanes so each screen on every plane has its own special name and does not share the same ID for monitor setup. 

GHOSTING or double vision, if you reduce the brightness located on the right side of the TEDAC it will solve your issue. 

1 hour ago, Norsk-L said:

Hi, 

I cant still get the pilot screens to come up just the CPG, no matter what I do. 

Even changed my entire airplanes so each screen on every plane has its own special name and does not share the same ID for monitor setup. 

GHOSTING or double vision, if you reduce the brightness located on the right side of the TEDAC it will solve your issue. 

Make sure you have unique names for the CPG and the PILOT MFD. You'll need to comment out the CPG MFD names in the monitor config in order to get it to work.
for example:

PILOT_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
   x = 5225; 
   y = 1080; 
   width = 535;
   height = 535; 
}

AH64_PILOT_RIGHT =
{
    x = 5225; 
    y = 1080; 
    width = 535; 
    height = 535; 
}
--AH64_CPG_RIGHT =
--{
--   x = 5225; 
--   y = 1080; 
--   width = 535; 
--   height = 535; 
--}    

Edited by JIGGAwest

6 hours ago, JIGGAwest said:

Make sure you have unique names for the CPG and the PILOT MFD. You'll need to comment out the CPG MFD names in the monitor config in order to get it to work.
for example:

PILOT_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
   x = 5225; 
   y = 1080; 
   width = 535;
   height = 535; 
}

AH64_PILOT_RIGHT =
{
    x = 5225; 
    y = 1080; 
    width = 535; 
    height = 535; 
}
--AH64_CPG_RIGHT =
--{
--   x = 5225; 
--   y = 1080; 
--   width = 535; 
--   height = 535; 
--}    

Hi,

Thank you very much, it worked but only now I see the pilot MPDs when I switch to the CPG it is still the pilot, any idea why? 

Also any idea how to distinguish between KU for Pilot and CPG? 

--AH64_CPG_LEFT_MFCD =
--{
--x = 9806;
--y = 354;
--width = 1507;
--height = 1087;
--}

--AH64_CPG_RIGHT_MFCD =
--{
--x = 11729;
--y = 355;
--width = 1495;
--height = 1087;
--}

AH64_PLT_LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 9806;
y = 354;
width = 1507;
height = 1087;
}

AH64_PLT_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 11729;
y = 355;
width = 1495;
height = 1087;
}

8 hours ago, Norsk-L said:

Hi,

Thank you very much, it worked but only now I see the pilot MPDs when I switch to the CPG it is still the pilot, any idea why? 

Also any idea how to distinguish between KU for Pilot and CPG? 

--AH64_CPG_LEFT_MFCD =
--{
--x = 9806;
--y = 354;
--width = 1507;
--height = 1087;
--}

--AH64_CPG_RIGHT_MFCD =
--{
--x = 11729;
--y = 355;
--width = 1495;
--height = 1087;
--}

AH64_PLT_LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 9806;
y = 354;
width = 1507;
height = 1087;
}

AH64_PLT_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 11729;
y = 355;
width = 1495;
height = 1087;
}

It's been reported. I believe there is a double rendering happening with the exports. Which is the reason you can see the exports still after the aircraft has shut completely down. There hasn't been comment by ED to fix this or that it is being worked on.

Due to this issue, it's best to have separate monitor config files for the CPG and the Pilot. To fly the CPG you need to "un" comment out the CPG_MFD.

You'll not be able to switch dynamically between front and back with working MFD exports at this point.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, ospermor said:

In order to view the pilot's MFDs alone, I have made the following changes to various files and a dual monitor setup I was already using for the F18.

1º- Change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_right_init, by RIGHT_MFCD_PLT
2º- Change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_left_init, by LEFT_MFCD_PLT
These files are located in the path
Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator

This is my apache file i made (ignore the f14 info its there so i can test if it dosn't work on the ah-64 i can test to see if its compleyely broke or not

Hi sorry to jump onto this thread but been trying to deal with it my self to NO luck 😞 no you say "change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_right_init or do you mean just rename the file? i have tried this and i just got blank mfd's in game and on my mfd's 

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Apache Main');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = screen.width;
          height = screen.height /1.416;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.width / (screen.height / 1.416);
     }
}

F14_VDI=
{

x = 105;
     y = screen.height / 1.409;
     width = 615;
     height = 615;
}

F14_HSD =
{
    x = 898;
     y = screen.height / 1.409;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

--LEFT
LEFT_MFCD_PLT =
{
     x = 105;
     y = 1.409;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

--RIGHT
RIGHT_MFCD_PLT =
{
     x = 898;
     y = 1.409;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Thanks in advance - i hope / look forward to your reply

6 hours ago, PhoenixBondi said:

Hi sorry to jump onto this thread but been trying to deal with it my self to NO luck 😞 no you say "change the name of the MFD in the file MFD_plt_right_init or do you mean just rename the file? i have tried this and i just got blank mfd's in game and on my mfd's 

Have you read through my guide here: 

That will hopefully give you a baseline understanding of what needs to be done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I ran into a problem with helios. 

The response time is very slow, to test it I used f18 IFEI, and it's not updating the page as the same speed if I mode the game file and use my own monitor configuration. 

Am I doing something wrong?

16 hours ago, Norsk-L said:

Hi,

I ran into a problem with helios. 

The response time is very slow, to test it I used f18 IFEI, and it's not updating the page as the same speed if I mode the game file and use my own monitor configuration. 

Am I doing something wrong?

You should start a new thread. Or possibly try to get help in the Helios discord. This thread is covering MFD exports with the DCS monitor.lua.

• Like 1

Am 18.3.2022 um 17:09 schrieb Hobel:

All Setting 1.lua Monitor Config
Do not forget to specify your parrameters.

MPD_LCD_Cpg_Left.lua 235 B · 93 Downloads MPD_LCD_Plt_Right.lua 236 B · 58 Downloads MPD_LCD_Plt_Left.lua 235 B · 62 Downloads MPD_LCD_Cpg_Right.lua 238 B · 50 Downloads

put this in : DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\LCD

MFD_cpg_right_init.lua 725 B · 62 Downloads MFD_cpg_left_init.lua 721 B · 54 Downloads

MFD_plt_left_init.lua 720 B · 60 Downloads MFD_plt_right_init.lua 724 B · 50 Downloads

an this in : D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator

example i can put all 4 MFDs where i want themScreen_220318_170058.jpg

And the most important it does not come into conflict with other modules and it passes the IC

now I look if it is possible that when you change the seat also only these screens are displayed

And that is what is wanted here, or?

Well, what we actually need is a solution, that is integrated into the module and not a community hack, to provide a consistent and permanent setup. As long as people need to mess with files inside the DCS core folders, this is a workaround, not the solution.

I am not dismissing your hard work and effort you put into this, but in my opinion we need at least the separate MFD and TEDAC definitions by ED, as part of the module, so it works in the monitor config setup in the User directory.

For example, for troubleshooting and finding bugs, reporting issues, I need an unmodified DCS core install, with the modules unaltered...

I really hope ED integrates your fixes into the official release cycle, somehow.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

vor 7 Stunden schrieb shagrat:

Well, what we actually need is a solution, that is integrated into the module and not a community hack, to provide a consistent and permanent setup. As long as people need to mess with files inside the DCS core folders, this is a workaround, not the solution.

I am not dismissing your hard work and effort you put into this, but in my opinion we need at least the separate MFD and TEDAC definitions by ED, as part of the module, so it works in the monitor config setup in the User directory.

For example, for troubleshooting and finding bugs, reporting issues, I need an unmodified DCS core install, with the modules unaltered...

I really hope ED integrates your fixes into the official release cycle, somehow.

I completely agree, but that's what we currently have.

In another topic I also mention that the option I initially had in search is unfortunately hardcoded.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/302585-possible-solution-to-display-all-apache-mfds/#comment-5007351

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Hobel:

I completely agree, but that's what we currently have.

In another topic I also mention that the option I initially had in search is unfortunately hardcoded.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/302585-possible-solution-to-display-all-apache-mfds/#comment-5007351

It's fixed! Today's patch has the MFDs sorted. Both for PLT and CPG seats.

Thanks for listening, ED. 🥰

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

has anyone got the TEDAC display to work after the update? 

using method:

modify TEDAC_init.lua

.....\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\TEDAC

with the line at the end of the file

try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:55 AM, JIGGAwest said:

has anyone got the TEDAC display to work after the update? 

using method:

modify TEDAC_init.lua

.....\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\TEDAC

with the line at the end of the file

try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

Still works fine, you need two lines at the end not one:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("AH64_TEDAC")

On 7/29/2022 at 3:51 AM, shagrat said:

It's fixed! Today's patch has the MFDs sorted. Both for PLT and CPG seats.

Thanks for listening, ED. 🥰

This is actually working BETTER than I expected. I had thought maybe we could specify either one or the other and have to choose pilot or CPG...

However ED changed it so that it AUTOMATICALLY switches exports when switching seats, sooo good. Now the home cockpit MFD screens are setup perfectly even if we don't have another crew member 🙂

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, jonsky7 said:

You can switch it to night mode, top right knob, will get rid of ghosting and has little effect on display brightness.

Night mode does not get rid of the ghosting, it just makes the ghosted image dimmer and green.