Varjo Aero incorrectly treated as having Bionic Display, game breaking bug

mimikiwi

Target is  "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_varjo_VR

Start in  is "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

These are the lines in the shortcut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

The —force_steam_VR extenstion worked for me.  

I posted an issue in another thread regarding HMDs in various aircraft showing up below the normal sight plane when using the Aero.  This also seems to be the case with the Apache.  I’ll follow-up in that thread.

Digital Storm Velox, Intel i9 7900X Extreme Edition, ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, 1 SSD 960Gb, 2TB HDD, 1 GeForce GTx 1080 Ti 11GB VR Ready, 2 Stage Liquid Cooling, Win 10 Home 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, TIR5 w/ TrackClip Pro, Acer Predator 32” 4K Monitor

1 hour ago, atrdriver said:

The —force_steam_VR extenstion worked for me.  

I posted an issue in another thread regarding HMDs in various aircraft showing up below the normal sight plane when using the Aero.  This also seems to be the case with the Apache.  I’ll follow-up in that thread.

Yes, this one worked for me too 👍

Kit: i9 10900k, Rog Strix RTX 4090, Asus Rog strix Z490 Mobo, 64 GB, Varjo Aero HMD running Open VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster Pendular rudder peddles

MODS: Pretty much all of them

Hey All! I can say, I too am having these funky issues with the Varjo Aero. 

I seem to have one other problem others haven't mentioned.

When having the Varjo Base software compatibility set to OpenVR and this line plugged into my shortcut exe " --force_steam_VR"

DCS will now run in all its full HD glory, but a huge barrel warping type effect is back.

Could very well be something I am doing wrong or have missed. Open to feedback/questions.

9 hours ago, clearskies said:

When having the Varjo Base software compatibility set to OpenVR and this line plugged into my shortcut exe " --force_steam_VR"

DCS will now run in all its full HD glory, but a huge barrel warping type effect is back.

Could very well be something I am doing wrong or have missed. Open to feedback/questions.

Sounds like you will need to do the WMR debug tool fix to flip the top/bottom lenses. If you had done that previously should not have needed to do again, at least I did not. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

9 hours ago, clearskies said:

Just like dburne you need to do the crosseye wmr debug tool fix. It is documented here: 

For the Aero: Click on "swap top and btm" for both eyes and save. You should be good to go. When ED fixes the issue in this topic it doesn't need this fix anymore...

Just saw a post in the Varjo discord that this is the line to use "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR and it  worked for me not the one BIGNEWY posted

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

34 minutes ago, RePhil said:

Just saw a post in the Varjo discord that this is the line to use "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR and it  worked for me not the one BIGNEWY posted

Yep that will do it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, ICARIVS said:

Got my varjo aero a couple of weeks ago and got the same issue, adding :\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR    and it doesn't solved nothing.

DSC-Double-Ecran.jpg

I don't see this issue using VB 3.5.1.7 , Latest OB and OpenComposite/OpenXR

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero