Multiplayer: client CPG does not see his own lase, host pilot does

piipu
Go to solution Solved by VFA-122,

I tried playing multiseat with a friend, me as host in the pilot seat, my friend as CPG in the same helo. Whenever my friend lased, he did not see effects of his own lase on the TADS, but I as pilot did. On my screen, the diagonal X appeared over the TADS crosshair, and the lased range updated. On his end, neither happened.

This makes targeting quite hard. We were able to get a few hellfires to hit, but CPG had to fire them "blind" without seeing the lase taking place at any point. Once the missile is in air, both players see the big box showing the missile is tracking the lase.

Tested this and we were not able to get any indication of laser-on.  Binds all worked fine through multiple flights in single player but in multiplayer the laser doesn't work, CPG can't fire the cannon, and you can't switch to CPG from the pilots seat.

Same boat here, can't get the laser to work at all as a CPG in MP. Tested in SP to make sure I was doing it right and sure enough it works great, just a multicrew problem. Also some network de-sync, setting certain laser codes as the CPG but it was displaying other ones to the pilot

14 hours ago, VFA-122 said:

CPG laser fix easy 

WPN Channel utility then laser. 

tested this with my friend just now, it does indeed solve the issue, at least mostly. At one point I as the pilot couldn't see that the CPG was lasing, but that did not stop missiles from working, so it is not as big of a dealbreaker.