The M2k in DCS World: Getting better and better? impressions

kotor633

Hi@all,

Is it just me? With every update that the M2k receives, I get more and more interested in this module. Yes, it cannot compete with a FA-18, JF-17 or F-16 in terms of armament. And that means fewer options. But that also makes it a little easier to handle. And that's what I like so much about this module. But if you take a look at the (really very good!) manual, you will notice that it is not that easy to handle (e.g. the topic of air-to-gound employment or the topic of radar). You realize that you have to invest a lot of time now (I don't think that was necessary with the Mirage in the past. At least that's how I remember it). I will probably do it by deactivating pretty much all modules (except for my beloved Mi-24) so that I can only concentrate on the M2k. It's just a pity that it took so long and so much bad blood was spilled...

• Like 9

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I never though things like radar emission channel would ever be implemented in DCS,but Razbam just did it.Plus the new RWR,ECM and DTC,Really surprised by this update. Seems everyone is enjoying the Apache right now and it's really quiet right here.

• Like 2

Kyoto Animation forever!

1 hour ago, Cordeiro3D said:

Is there any documentation on these new features? 

In the game manual I believe,it has been updated,there is a change list of the manual at the page 18 and 19,check that so you won't need to read the whole manual again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Akiazusa:

I never though things like radar emission channel would ever be implemented in DCS,but Razbam just did it.Plus the new RWR,ECM and DTC,Really surprised by this update. Seems everyone is enjoying the Apache right now and it's really quiet right here.

I agree with you.

• Like 2

Absolutely loving every single bit of RAZBAM's work with the Mirage!

I really hope it becomes the standard.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just to name a 'small' improvement, which I think contributes immensely to the improved 'feeling': Depending on the angle from which you look at the VTB, you can no longer read it. It's the little details that make the difference too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Let me join the other voices here. I don't own many modules in DCS but the attention to detail in this one is amazing. The high quality graphics and the attention to details such as the angle of viewing the radar screen. The way this bird handles on the ground and the attention given to tiny aspects such as the hydraulic test and the different radar channels. On top of that, all of this work is presented and explained through a constantly updated manual which is, I'm sure, one of the best written manuals for any bird in DCS (Baltic Dragon isn't it?). For all your work on this, from the most important aspects to the minor details, and for the quality of the manual and campaigns, I wouldn't be surprised if the mirage were the best module in DCS. Well done and thank you!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great module. Probably my favorite fixed wing, after the F14. Haven't flown her in years, but now I want to. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 4/12/2022 at 1:17 PM, john4pap said:

Let me join the other voices here. I don't own many modules in DCS but the attention to detail in this one is amazing. The high quality graphics and the attention to details such as the angle of viewing the radar screen. The way this bird handles on the ground and the attention given to tiny aspects such as the hydraulic test and the different radar channels. On top of that, all of this work is presented and explained through a constantly updated manual which is, I'm sure, one of the best written manuals for any bird in DCS (Baltic Dragon isn't it?). For all your work on this, from the most important aspects to the minor details, and for the quality of the manual and campaigns, I wouldn't be surprised if the mirage were the best module in DCS. Well done and thank you!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

The original manual was by Baltic Dragon, but the reworked manual is by @myHelljumper 😇

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The Mirage has always drawn me to it magically since it was first released. No idea why, but somehow it has that certain something that other patterns don't have. Perhaps because it is easier to use but still presents a certain challenge. The Mirage is at the top of my list.

• Like 1

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

I love the Mirage. I’d fly it non-stop if it was the 2000-5 model. Having only 4 AAMs makes it a bit non competitive (I get it’s an interceptor). I do enjoy using it on the “at war” servers with fox 1’s

Edited by Mike_CK
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The M2K was the first FF module I spent the time learning.  It sounds like it may be worth a long overdue re-visit, especially if the documentation now reflects the current state.

Have the training missions been update too?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.