what are your thoughts so far?

Sparc

The KA-50 will always be my one-seat favorite of all times. Hoping for a good BS3-release in the near future.

But right now I am riding on the Apache hype train and give this module a chance. Let's see how well it gets supported and fixed by ED the next months.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

It's very pretty, a little laggy in the frames department which always gets on my nerves,  also it makes me miss the blackshark for some reason. As for flying it, with fixed wings you just jump in and off you go, no worries, with choppers you just jump in and then come to the stark realization you know eff all.

Glad its here though.

• Like 1

I love the helicopter but unfortunately for me I'm getting really bad stutter and performance issues.  My modules are typically running between 80 - 120 fps.  In the AH64 I'm getting as low as 20.  I'm not sure if the problem is with the module or with the update to the Syria map but if I load up an instant action mission in Syria the helicopter will stutter, stutter, stutter and be uncontrollable.  I've removed all mods and liveries out of the folders and I've wiped all of the shaders.  It makes no difference.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

I love the helicopter but unfortunately for me I'm getting really bad stutter and performance issues.  My modules are typically running between 80 - 120 fps.  In the AH64 I'm getting as low as 20.  I'm not sure if the problem is with the module or with the update to the Syria map but if I load up an instant action mission in Syria the helicopter will stutter, stutter, stutter and be uncontrollable.  I've removed all mods and liveries out of the folders and I've wiped all of the shaders.  It makes no difference.

I used to have issues like this after updates. Then I started deleting content of FXO and metashaders2 folders in saved games after each update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VDV said:

What is "right short"

You're going to have to embrace the horror and watch some tutorials and maybe even read the manual a bit. There's no way around it.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Performance in VR is great on my system. 3080ti, 11700k overclocked and 64gb ram.  Been on 4ya servers for a couple of hours with lots of players and no stutter.

Only gripe is I cannot get the MFD selection to work . Not sure if im assigning it correctly so no weapons used yet.

To get this in the air requires a real sense of balance with the controls until into stable flight. Im using my x56 hotas and slowly working through control assignments at the moment . I havent looked to see if anyone has uploaded any controller profiles yet 

Happy heli flying all 🙂

I'm impressed thus far.

This is an incredibly easy helicopter to pick up. It may be the easiest in DCS beyond the Black Shark. Once you start to understand the systems and what goes on, it's a breeze.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

These are my thoughts after a couple of hours with this bird 🙂

From DI Apache

Use to play this for hours when I was 14 y/o. Airbase you see below is from Kingsfield (Dhekelia) Airfield. This specific one is from the Cyprus Campaign.

XzaI60L.jpg

To DCS Apache

Airbase you see below is from Kingsfield (Dhekelia) Airfield. Same as above but 25 years difference 🤣

pkXkqdP.jpg

Eagle Dynamics, you certainly made my dreams come true 🙂 

• Like 7

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

IMO its the same issue as with the Hind...the first rendition was too twitchy for the average worn out user's HOTAS...the FM is too tight and unforgiving for most average setups...it needs a "forgiving" tweak same as the hind. Multiplayer will be even worse in this case due to obvious reasons. A little less twitchyness would make it enjoyable as opposed to a frustrating experience(I say this as someone who flies all helo's in DCS and not as a beginner) the beginner will struggle  needlessly and be "put off" IMO. Not everyone, but I believe a lot will be. With that said its all dependent on type and quality of HOTAS .

Edited by Raven434th
  • Like 2

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

It's nice. For me it was easy to use the avionics and systems. Everything just makes sense. Flying is rather difficult, as it's my first helicopter that requires significant rudder work. I'll get used to it.

It has a lot of bugs though, in particular with multiplayer and especially with multicrew syncing, especially the TADS, the laser and some minor other things.

Not happy at all.

While everything works great, as a singleton MP simmer, not being able to hot switch seats shadows every other thing. I'm missing half of the module, but I paid the full price. As it is there's no point in me setting/learning the CPG controls. I'll never use them at this rate. Was really looking forward to this. My hopes are now on the KW and BS3.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of cool stuff in the 64 modelled and working to which I say good work devs! But I cannot access them, so unfortunately they might as well not be there for me. George AI is fine, but being forced to use it is more immersion breaking than if I would be able to switch seats mid flight. At least then I could use the full depth of the simulatorWe're missing hot switching seats in MP. If we get that. All would be well. 

As it is now I'm predicting that as with the Hind, once the novelty of the 64 wears off, we won't see it much on the larger MP servers. There will always be some hardcore fans.

I hope people have a better experience in the long run than I have had so far.

Disappointed

• Like 1

Attention to detail is nice, new FLIR tech is nice, great cockpit. Not impressed with flying it at all. Worse than Black Shark and Gazelle, those are the only other heli's I own. Might learn the CP/G aspect of it but unless I'm playing with someone, I find that kinda boring. Prefer the reverse of flying and letting the AI do the gunnery.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, oleuzop said:

First impressions:

- Not really happy with the flight model, I have hundred of hours in the Huey and it actually feels like flying an helicopter. Yesterday, when I tried the apache, I was taking off and trying to fly the thing, but it's kinda weird. The antitorque pedals are not really effective. The apache tends to turn continously. Also, it's almost impossible to do a hover. This evening I'll give it another try, maybe am I doing something wrong?

- I was doing the tutorials about the TSD and Gun firing, the avionics are AWESOME.

- Graphics are just awesome. I'd like some way to disable the kinda hanger in the left side.

In general I think it's a great module with lots of potential, but I still haven't got the feeling of flying the apache.

Its hella different than flying the Huey, I thought the same thing at first but as I got into how precise your movements have to be and just how maneuverable the Apache really is it starts to get easier. Try setting some curves as in Wags video, I set mine to 8 for pitch and roll and yaw and it made a huge difference. Before that it was a rodeo show on my monitor trying to hover, but then again I was used to controlling big Sovietski Mi-24

Absolutely love it. VR is incredible. The monocle took all of 5 minutes to get used to, now it's second nature.

The ONLY thing I miss is a return trim to center function, since we don't have actual Apache controls in our basements (well I don't anyway) so I'd like to see that added.

Before any purists start vomiting, then just don't bind it.

Other than that, love the module. Can't wait for hover mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk