Massive thankyou ED and all the team

diveplane

DEFINITELY!

Also, the best early access ever. 🙂

Thanks a lot ED! You make us cry after 13 years. 🙂

• Like 2

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

absolutely!  an incredible bird!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Want to give my gratitude also. Took the AH-64D for a short spin yesterday, only startup, take-off, some flying around and landing, but it is a joy. The sound, the design, the readable cockpit, its all awesome. Its Christmas again for me. Thank you ED.

• Like 1

After spending most of my spare time in the Apache since release, I'm totally enthusiastic right now.

A few days ago, I marveled at Casmo and the others, asking myself how many months it would take to get somewhat proficient. Now I won't claim to be proficient, but going from "What the...?" and "I don't get it" via "That doesn't make much sense" and "I wonder how I could achieve this" to "You need to make sure the laser is on via WPN -> UTIL -> L6, then select T01 as Acquisition Source, slave the TADS to it, deslave, then slew TADS on target, lase, WAS missiles, and rifle... oh, right, change missiles to SAL via R1, they sometimes default to RF if you've selected the FCR first I think, then rifle" in a few days with a bit of frustration (Why isn't the ******* laser firing?!) and a lot of "Yeah, I think I get the hang of... oh no... nooo... noooooo... damn you gravity, you win again. I'll be back!" is certainly the most fun I've had in DCS in a while.

Long story short, this release certainly surpasses my expectations, and I was already hyped in the past couple of weeks.

Plus, Wags' video addressing some common questions and mistakes was a huge help for me, spot-on!

Outstanding job, ED. ✌️

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 2

I want to echo what is being said, I have hoped for this module for decades, and to see it now is amazing.

The overall module quality is the best to date for an EA, the aircraft is stunning in VR and on a 2D screen.

I also want to say that the community interaction has been great, having Casmo produce videos along with Matt has been so helpful to both communicate progress before the release and to provide valuable info and tutorials. Questions and concerns seem to be being acknowledged quickly and overall interactions are just the best. This has been the best module release to date.

Thank you to everyone involved, the ED team, the community teams, and all the SME's and testers. What an amazing EA Releasee.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Thumbs up with all the thumps I have!

I particularly want to stress what a good balance you stroke on what features to include in this EA release. The aircraft feels complete enough to be useful in any scenario, unlike the F16 back then. Time to completion will just...fly! 😆

• Like 1

Hear, Hear - three cheers for Wags and all the team who bought this to my PC.

As someone who as a young teen in the 80's built a 1:72 scale plastic kit because the Apache was so badass, spent countless hours with Longbow and Longbow 2 in the 90's and who now gets to 'really' fly this incredible machine (thanks to VR) I applaud you. It has been worth the wait.

Edited by Harry_Bumcrack

I second the posts above - its incredible and an absolute joy und fun to fly 😍

well done folks!

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

I’m a pretty hardcore Tomcat fan whom was mildly interested in the Apache, but by George has this become my favourite module. With its stunning attention to detail and amazing graphically fidelity. I was curious to how it would both look and preform in VR, I’ve been blown away with not only how the IHADSS has been modelled but also with what seems to me to be even better performance than the F-14 get’s in VR.

I’ll be also very honest in that I had lost a great deal of trust and respect in ED’s ability to honour its customers after the F-16 debacle but the really high standard release of the 64 has gained some back. While the sim is still a while off all our visions of a fully immersed battlefield and there some lingering performance issues, seems like ED are up for the fight with how this has turned out. 

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Dont have it yet but tried it on my brother's rig in VR.  I had a new experience with flight simming:  this bird INTIMIDATES me.  And I love it.  A very mean looking and sounding machine, in VR I had the feeling of being the meanest bad ass, just barely controlling this thing, looking for anything to mess with me.  Definitely on my next to buy list once funds are squirreled away.

One downside I foresee however:  given that I am usually a Lone Wolf flyer I see problems with fighting it since it is a 2 seater.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

1 hour ago, Steel Jaw said:

One downside I foresee however:  given that I am usually a Lone Wolf flyer I see problems with fighting it since it is a 2 seater.

George really does a pretty good job there.

However, having flown solo, front- and backseat, I have to say flying together with a buddy is just phenomenally rewarding. It just comes naturally, like "Hey, can you take us along the valley to our 10 o'clock, then go up on the ridgeline, but keep the hill to our right as cover against those units in the adjacent valley. That should give me a good vantage point against our primary target a few klicks down that adjacent valley", and then the pilot actually does it, or comes up with an even better plan. No way George can do that, at least not in the foreseeable future. 😄

• Like 1