Love the datalink zapping

TheBigTatanka

We just ran a multiplayer flight zapping TGP SPI, markpoints, and HTS data back and forth.... Talk about being able to rapidly get a flight attacking a target. It's super cool. Previously to this, our older pilots (over 50) have struggled with using the TGP. But, today we zapped them the target, and they drop JDAM within a minute.... It's really cool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

On 3/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, Rakamora said:

So when to outboard and inboard in comswitch? I have only gotten inboard to work.

I too only got the inboard to work. 

On 3/19/2022 at 5:03 AM, Carbon715 said:

right now its not setup for a per flight basis so in multiplayer this gets ridiculous if it is being spammed

Are you able to alter the L16 table to exclude other players?

1 hour ago, Sinclair_76 said:

Are you able to alter the L16 table to exclude other players?

You can IRL but it's not implemented into DCS yet. We need to be able to edit the L16 channel and STN settings on the D/L DED page.

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Hmm ive not had any success with this, so how are you transmitting the SPI over datalink?

If I create a SPI from an overfly mark point and select transmit as on, on the right MFD and press transmit over VHF on my throttle all i see is the comms menu appear and no flash of the transmit icon on the MFD.

Which keybind are you using to transmit from fighter to fighter?

Edited by wheelie

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

2 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Transmit switch IN and OUT

Nice one mate ill check that out.

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

20 minutes ago, wheelie said:

Hmm ive not had any success with this, so how are you transmitting the SPI over datalink?

If I create a SPI from an overfly mark point and select transmit as on, on the right MFD and press transmit over VHF on my throttle all i see is the comms menu appear and no flash of the transmit icon on the MFD.

Which keybind are you using to transmit from fighter to fighter?

Isn't that a markpoint and technically not s SPI by itself?

Again.... Really loving this technology. We flew a 3 ship today into an area with mobile SAMs, and using the HTS / TGP and datalink transmit. Anytime someone got MUD, someone else fired a HARM at the site, and another guy would find the site and zap it out to everyone, then whoever was naked could turn in and JDAM the site. We quickly took out 3 SAM systems and an EW radar. It's just such a cool capability. Thanks to whoever coded this.

Hope you keep the good stuff coming, like TDOA.

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

32 minutes ago, applepiefrost said:

I haven't figured out how to clear the message from the HUD after you've received a SPI/Markpoint. Can anyone enlighten me? 🙂

DRIFT/CO switch down to WARN RESET on the ICP.

Edited by WHOGX5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

On 3/21/2022 at 5:46 AM, TheBigTatanka said:

Again.... Really loving this technology. We flew a 3 ship today into an area with mobile SAMs, and using the HTS / TGP and datalink transmit. Anytime someone got MUD, someone else fired a HARM at the site, and another guy would find the site and zap it out to everyone, then whoever was naked could turn in and JDAM the site. We quickly took out 3 SAM systems and an EW radar. It's just such a cool capability. Thanks to whoever coded this.

Hope you keep the good stuff coming, like TDOA.

It seems so simple but I can't get it to work. Sending SOI works, at least I see the L16 video invert. But sending steerpoints somehow doesn't. I copied every step in Wags YT but nada. Double checked keybind, corresponds with IFF out afaik. What do you different?

5 minutes ago, Sinclair_76 said:

It seems so simple but I can't get it to work. Sending SOI works, at least I see the L16 video invert. But sending steerpoints somehow doesn't. I copied every step in Wags YT but nada. Double checked keybind, corresponds with IFF out afaik. What do you different?

Is your hsd soi with stpt you want to xmit selected?

1 hour ago, Carbon715 said:

Is your hsd soi with stpt you want to xmit selected?

Yes, carbon copied Wags YT video. Did it with AI wingman as well as in MP.

EDIT: I think I found it. In the YT video Wags mentions comm switch to the right long to send steerpoint. When sending SOI he mentions comm switch inboard long. I interpreted that as SOI - IFF IN and STPT - IFF OUT, while actually both are IFF IN. Only differentiator being HSD as SOI to send steerpoints. 

Clarification in the text below the YT video where sending SOI as well as STPT are described as comm switch long right.

Edited by Sinclair_76

2 hours ago, Sinclair_76 said:

Yes, carbon copied Wags YT video. Did it with AI wingman as well as in MP.

EDIT: I think I found it. In the YT video Wags mentions comm switch to the right long to send steerpoint. When sending SOI he mentions comm switch inboard long. I interpreted that as SOI - IFF IN and STPT - IFF OUT, while actually both are IFF IN. Only differentiator being HSD as SOI to send steerpoints. 

Clarification in the text below the YT video where sending SOI as well as STPT are described as comm switch long right.

glad you figured it out, yeah comm switch right or inboard to xmit...outboard or left has no use as of now

• Like 1

So I Bound the Comm 4 way.  Tried sending via Link16.  I see the DED Comm transmit highlight when pressing IFF in/  Either direction however the L16 on the HSD is not inverting to show transmit.   Tried in MP and i was receiving the markpoints correctly and fine just cannot transmit.  Tried long presses etc.  
Thoughts ? 

27 minutes ago, Shrike88 said:

So I Bound the Comm 4 way.  Tried sending via Link16.  I see the DED Comm transmit highlight when pressing IFF in/  Either direction however the L16 on the HSD is not inverting to show transmit.   Tried in MP and i was receiving the markpoints correctly and fine just cannot transmit.  Tried long presses etc.  
Thoughts ? 

Bind the IFF-IN button. If HSD is not SOI, long press IFF-IN for data (zap) SOI (TGP/RDR/HAD). If HSD is SOI, long press IFF-IN for data (zap) steerpoint (the one active in DED).

Edited by Sinclair_76
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:13 AM, TheBigTatanka said:

We just ran a multiplayer flight zapping TGP SPI, markpoints, and HTS data back and forth.... Talk about being able to rapidly get a flight attacking a target. It's super cool. Previously to this, our older pilots (over 50) have struggled with using the TGP. But, today we zapped them the target, and they drop JDAM within a minute.... It's really cool.

I play with my dad who is 61, this is a total game changer.

One issue we ran into today, his mark points were way off target but mine were dead on, server desync or INS issues?

Computer: I7 12700K OC 5.0 All Cores, EVGA 3070TI FTW 3, MSI Tomahawk Z690 DDR4 WIFI, 64 GB Corsair DDR4 3600 MHz, M.2 NVME 3TB

Gear: Virpil T-50CM2 Mongoose Stick, CM3 Base, CM3 Throttle, Logitech Pedals, HP Reverb G2

Modules: F-15E, F-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C II, AV-8B, M-2000C, Mirage F1, F-5, AH-64D, MI-24, KA-50, Nevada TTR, Syria, Persian Gulf, Falklands, Sinai, Afghanistan 

Probably INS. The way I check is by verbally confirming the .XXX fractions of a minute of a coordinate. "I sent .689, right on the road intersection!" "I got .689 but mine is not on the intersection." Then you can evaluate why they don't match by comparing to each other and to a known position.

And be aware it may be possible to send SPI or STPT and those may be different with some cursor deltas. When unsure and practical, CZ to remove all cursor deltas to ensure your SPI and STPT are the same place. Otherwise do some checks with different sensors and SOIs to see which one is being transmitted.

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds like you sent a SPI (maybe from a TGP). CURSOR ZERO is a good idea after getting a mark point or making one.

You can run a CLASS check prior to attacking, and it will solve most problems.

C: cursor zero / capture target
L: Laser Armed
A: Master ARM
S: SMS set
S: Steerpoint correct (if you change it, it messes up your captured target).

And yeah... It's really cool to have this tool. I fly with my 89 year old dad, and it's great that he can finally attack dynamic targets with JDAM and TGP.

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo