Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Layout

Hi all,

Need some advice on setting up the controls for the AH-64D Apache for Thrustmaster T16000M FCS, without Rudder pedals. The mapping is based on the original post from Wags, under this link. My layout is still WIP, so a lot of buttons are still not mapped, but i need some feedback if I am doing it the right way. The intention is to have the flight controls, sensors, weapon selection setup as intuitive/making sense as possible, with the rest of the stuff like NVG, engine manipulation, formation lights etc. setup on the buttons of the base of the stick. The setup is for Pilot only.

So in general, please take a look at this, and tell me if it makes sense to you, or some bindings have other priority, since i have a sense that i am walking a bit in the dark here. Also the layout is based on the frame of CMDR Bezdi, and is editable, so if you have the time to look at it and edit it, please be my guest. Any advice is welcome.

Last thing, probably a stupid question, but does the Apache has some kind of trimmer reset button? Because i am either blind, or not able to find it.

Thanks for the help.

thrustmaster__t16000m-fcs--layout_1.2.pdf

Edited by Mr.Scar
  • Like 3

Hi, 

I have updated the file for the AH-64D Pilot + a bit of bindings for George AI. with fresh keybinds. Based on DCS: AH-64D | Controls Setup video by Wags. Small disclaimer, file is subject to change since i still have to take the Apache for a spin with those settings, so the final config might change depending on what i will think is necessary, and has different priority. Its probably in no way perfect, but if someone finds it useful, please feel free to use those settings. Below the axis settings, that I also use for the Huey. Still few bindings are left blank, profile will be updated/changed as mentioned above.

Feel free to share/modify according to your own needs. Feedback is also appreciated.

1. Cyclic Pitch and Rolls

Deadzone - 3

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 100

Curvature - 15

2. Collective 

Deadzone - 0

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 100

Curvature - 0

3. Rudder

Deadzone - 3

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 75

Curvature - 15

4. Power Levers (Both)

Deadzone - 3

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 100

Curvature - 15

5. Zoom View 

Deadzone - 3

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 75

Curvature - 15

6. Hocas Cursor Controller X and Y Axis (Y Axis Inverted)

Deadzone - 3

Sat X - 100

Sat Y - 100

Curvature - 15

thrustmaster__t16000m-fcs--layout_1.2.pdf

Edited by Mr.Scar

Looks good so far! Thanks for sharing.

I would personally change George AI to the throttle because, depending how much you will use it, you would always have to get your hands off either the throttle or stick to operate it (set to THAT1 or THAT3 for example). I finding adding A/S Pushbutton on TBTN1 also useful. 

Edited by ArjenHVA
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ArjenHVA said:

Looks good so far! Thanks for sharing.

I would personally change George AI to the throttle because, depending how much you will use it, you would always have to get your hands off either the throttle or stick to operate it (set to THAT1 or THAT3 for example). I finding adding A/S Pushbutton on TBTN1 also useful. 

Thats a good argument, thanks! I think i will also swap the rudder axis and place it on the throttle instead of the twist grip. It works much better this way (it worked with the Huey and KA-50). When its on the twist grip, the Apache is wobbling around too much

Hey thanks for sharing this guys!  I was starting to get a little overwhelmed.  I like the zoom on the throttle personally and use the stick for the rudder, but other than that you guys are pretty consistent.  This will save me a lot of time and trial and error!!

Thanks Again.

• 3 weeks later...

At Trhustmaster 16000 MTWS Trottle I can't set the button for Hocas Cursor/Display Select at controls... Does anyone know a solution? Also, I can't find the Rockets...Gun...and Hellfire at Controls...I really appreciate your help!