Some requests for Russian helicopters based on the AH-64D

zerO_crash

Hi,

First and foremost, congratulations on yet another milestone in DCS, the AH-64D. Everything from the trailers, tutorials and towards the release - it´s yet another astounding product in your line-up! Again, congratulations to the whole ED-team! Can´t wait to try it when I get my new Monstertech SIM-setup 😉

Now, to the main questions and requests. In the AH-64D, I see many new technologies which are absolute immersion changers; fluid visual rotor dynamics (blurred out, but still fluent rotor movement), sun reflection off the rotor when the sun inclines at low angles and cockpit-elements shaking due to vibrations of the helicopter. There are many more, for example on the loadout-side; chose the amount of ATGM´s on each rack, as well as completely empty ATGM-racks. I have been waiting for these functions a long time, primarily for Russian helicopters (Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P and KA50). My question is therefore, are there any plans to add these technologies/functions (variable ATGM-load on each rack, incl. empty racks) in the imminent future? I assume with KA50 it will come with BS3, but in the near term, Mi-8MTV2 and Mi-24P?

All those additions would be greatly appreciated!

-=zerO=-

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1, though there is an empty rack for the Shturm (which is identical for the Ataka) - I just wish empty racks would be under pods, as they are in the A-10Cs.

The rotor visuals are amazing and it would be good to be able to choose the amount of ATGMs on each rack.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In a Q & A before release, Alex/Pilot Mi-8 said they would not implement the one ATGM on the rack option. 

Q: How many missiles can it take? 
A: Two, four, six or eight. Two people [including yours truly, on the forums!] asked for the ability to load a single missile on each rack but I’m against that idea. It’s not worth the programmer’s time just to simulate specific exotic loadouts from Afghanistan or Syria.”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 3/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, AeriaGloria said:

In a Q & A before release, Alex/Pilot Mi-8 said they would not implement the one ATGM on the rack option. 

Q: How many missiles can it take? 
A: Two, four, six or eight. Two people [including yours truly, on the forums!] asked for the ability to load a single missile on each rack but I’m against that idea. It’s not worth the programmer’s time just to simulate specific exotic loadouts from Afghanistan or Syria.”

Yes, I remember that, however there is also a discrepancy in that a loadout-mechanic available on the AH-64D, would be considered as "time consuming" for the Mi-24. This request is meant as a consideration to implement it, as opposed to what was initially stated. It makes absolutely no sense having such options for some aircraft but not others, and raises more questions rather than to have a uniform system across the board, especially since Mi24P and AH-64D are both early access, meaning features can change underway. Again, it´s those small details which really add to the overall experience.

-=zerO=-

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree - if it is a feature on the AH-64, then it is worth porting to the Mi-24 and Ka-50.

The Ka-50/BS3 needs this in particular, as the racks default to six missiles per rack - which is excessive and not how they are often used in real life (e.g. photos of training, photos of use in current conflicts from Chechnya to the present day)... sometimes we see full racks, but often it is just a two missiles per hard-point (sometimes four, sometimes even one).

Edited by Avimimus