Anyone tested the Yak Updates already?

Hiob

On 4/12/2022 at 6:42 PM, 1987kess said:

I'm not sure if the Yak-52 its IFR capable IRL.

I believe that is true, however night =! IFR. I imagine most Yaks out there are retrofitted with external and internal lights for night VFR flying. It seems a bit pointless as a trainer if you can't train night flight in it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, Nealius said:

I believe that is true, however night =! IFR. I imagine most Yaks out there are retrofitted with external and internal lights for night VFR flying. It seems a bit pointless as a trainer if you can't train night flight in it.

Absolutely in agree, it could be possible to have some lighting for VFR night flying and not have IFR capabilities.

At this point I hope for any update the Yak could get as it seems a totally abandoned module.

About the missions discussed in last posts, I do have what I think is a really nice mission for the Yak in Syria that I have been developing from some time ago. It needs a bit more of polish and I will upload here for anyone who wants to try it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1987kess said:

... At this point I hope for any update the Yak could get as it seems a totally abandoned module.

This is kind of a self-fulfilled prophecy .. if I were a new user considering the purchase of the Yak because a propeller trainer intrigues me, a quick search for info on this Forum would quickly change my mind, because who would buy an abandoned module?  ... and the less a particular Module sells, the less incentive for ED to update it .. it is a business after all and the development costs have to be covered by the sales income.

1 hour ago, 1987kess said:

About the missions discussed in last posts, I do have what I think is a really nice mission for the Yak in Syria that I have been developing from some time ago. It needs a bit more of polish and I will upload here for anyone who wants to try it.

I'd love to try your mission  🙂   I have a special spot on my heart for these "underdog" aircrafts, and I have them all: the Yak, the CE2, the L-39, the I-16,  the C-101, the Gazelle  ... many I have purchased as a way to help the developers .. I remember how criticized I was by my sim-collegues for purchasing the C-101 on 2015, yet maybe thanks to that and many that did like me, today we are near getting a Mirage F1 from them 👍

On the other hand, I can't help to think that this destructive behaviour of the DCS "community" pushed VEAO into abandoning the market ... they had the same type of "bad-word-of-mouth" that diminishes the sale of a Module .. I purchased the Hawk on 2014 and don't regret it for a second, as it gave me a lot of flight hours at a time when DCS didn't had many flyable aircrafts.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I like the Yak, too.

I use it on a regular basis to explore new areas on maps or just take her out "for a walk".

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 5/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, 1987kess said:

I'd love to try that too.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the warnings guys a very apreciative not customer here. I would have felt infuriated if I had to find out the hard way....

I am not picky but no coms and no damage model are really a deal braker for me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, Beirut said:

I know it may not be a real life addition, but I still want it. It's such a nice plane and 10-cents worth of glow in the dark paint on the gauges would be lovely. It's a shame that you go out at dusk or dawn for a mellow flight and the cockpit is just a smudge of bleah. Real life or no, it seems like a killer oversight on the part of the devs. I mean, they just put a trimmer reset button on the Apache just to make life easier for the people who bought it, and there's no such thing on the real chopper apparently.

I want my tritium gauges!  😭

Tritium gauges, that would be nice.

How is the multicrew sync? Is it better?
My SQN did flight training in the YaK two years ago but then it just became unusable as an IP.
Engine was running in the front but no sound in the back, or the other way round and other issues

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 4/14/2022 at 12:11 AM, reece146 said:

Take off seemed to take less speed and rotation - but still feels kind of weird to me... like the tires are sticky with the pavement or something. I've never been able to take off without feeling like I've had to give the old girl a kick in the ass to separate from the ground.

My observation as well. Take-off feels very weird in the Yak, and landing isn't much better either. Once in the air it flies ok, aerobatics can be flown quite well with it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I haven't tried it.

There's been long standing issues with the cooling systems of all the prop planes and ED developed a new cooling model that they have been rolling through the prop plans over time. I may be misremembering but that the thrust of it I think. Anyone knows/ remembers more details? I expect the '52 is the last aircraft to get the new cooling model.

The '52 always seemed to have the most forgiving implementation before this change - no idea what it is like now.

Best way to test is to ignore the engine management protocols and see how long it takes to frag the engine. Ha.