Force Trim

Dannyvandelft

2 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

How do you go back from a forward flight trim back to a neutral trim for hover/landing?

I think you're looking for Trimm Reset. 🙂 I couldn't figure it out, yet.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

There is no 'recenter' you have to move the controls back to center (use right control + enter) and trim.

The FMC Release will dis-engage all of your Stability controls.

• Thanks 1

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

25 minutes ago, SandMan23 said:

So, after much trial and error with Thrustmaster joystick, throttle and pedal curves I can hover, transition and maintained trimmed flight using ATTHOLD, but I cannot get the ALTHOLD to engage.  What am I missing?

How do you turn on ATTHOLD? 

57 minutes ago, SandMan23 said:

So, after much trial and error with Thrustmaster joystick, throttle and pedal curves I can hover, transition and maintained trimmed flight using ATTHOLD, but I cannot get the ALTHOLD to engage.  What am I missing?

Can confirm that I cant get althold to engage either, and the manual makes no mention of parameters to maintain to get it to engage. Im holding a pretty steady hover, wont engage. Im holding a pretty accurate attitude, trimmed out and not losing or gaining any altitude at speed and it will not engage. We must be missing something!

As one of my friends said, ED needs to pay Chuck to build his guides into their manuals. Their manuals are great for 'how does a system work' but are not the best at explaining how you actually use said system. 😞 Althold is a prime example. 

TJ

33 minutes ago, pii said:

How do you turn on ATTHOLD? 

Page 63 of the quick start manual. 

Attitude hold is force trim left (althold is force trim right)

TJ

I'm missing the "Rudder Trimmer" special option. Having the actual pedals unsynced from the in-sim pedals totally hurts my muscle memory, and building that. I'm more or less resigned from trimming at all until we'll get this... I'd love to have FFB pedals at some point anyway, but until then I can live with the Mi-24 method, which is "trimming" via the Z and X keys if required (pressing both resets). Also considering getting the damper mod for my pedals.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

50 minutes ago, Tj1376 said:

Can confirm that I cant get althold to engage either, and the manual makes no mention of parameters to maintain to get it to engage. Im holding a pretty steady hover, wont engage. Im holding a pretty accurate attitude, trimmed out and not losing or gaining any altitude at speed and it will not engage. We must be missing something!

As one of my friends said, ED needs to pay Chuck to build his guides into their manuals. Their manuals are great for 'how does a system work' but are not the best at explaining how you actually use said system. 😞 Althold is a prime example. 

TJ

Page 63 of the quick start manual. 

Attitude hold is force trim left (althold is force trim right)

TJ

Thanks, I'm having a heck of a time taking off hoping they will help

Edited by pii

I find that in Settings -> Special, there are 2 trimmer settings. The default is for FFB, which I do not use. I would see if putting it to "Central Position" works or not.

(Update) Using the mode as shown below, I press and hold the "Release / Forward" button, the trim setting moves with both the cyclic and the rudder. When I release the button, both trims stay the position at the release. To reset it, press and hold the "Release / Forward" again, move both back to "center" manually.

DCS 2022-03-18 07-00-40.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

If you release your joystick back to center and press Trimm hat up momentarily, it does just that, resets trimm to center (unless you have a FFB joy with "no center", I guess?...).

If there is no such button / function like that IRL, why would we need an extra button for that in the sim?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

I find that in Settings -> Special, there are 2 trimmer settings. The default is for FFB, which I do not use. I would see if putting it to "Central Position" works or not.

Just noticed the second setting is for pedals, I'll try the other settings, but I guess none of them actually disables it. The thing is with FFB it won't wait until you return to center, so basically any trimming while flying with boot applied will make the thing yaw back and forth violently.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

4 hours ago, Eldur said:

I'm missing the "Rudder Trimmer" special option. Having the actual pedals unsynced from the in-sim pedals totally hurts my muscle memory, and building that. I'm more or less resigned from trimming at all until we'll get this... I'd love to have FFB pedals at some point anyway, but until then I can live with the Mi-24 method, which is "trimming" via the Z and X keys if required (pressing both resets). Also considering getting the damper mod for my pedals.

I switched my rudder trim to "pedals without spring and ffb" under the special options tab of the ah64 because i had the same problem, fighting the rudder trim. With that change the ah64 feels much better, just like any other heli in dcs, makes hovering or slow operations very easy for me again.

• Thanks 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

8 minutes ago, unknown said:

I switched my rudder trim to "pedals without spring and ffb" under the special options tab of the ah64 because i had the same problem, fighting the rudder trim. With that change the ah64 feels much better, just like any other heli in dcs, makes hovering or slow operations very easy for me again.

This!

It basically disables the pedal trim altogether. It's just confusing, because it "shows" the trimmed position with a red X on the controls overlay still.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just now, Hoirtel said:

Is this for pedals without a spring?

Yes.

You can use it for springed ones as well though.

Edited by Hiob
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 minutes ago, Hiob said:

This!

It basically disables the pedal trim altogether. It's just confusing, because it "shows" the trimmed position with a red X on the controls overlay still.

I use the same, but it doesn't disables my pedal trim. When flicking Trim hat up, need to recenter pedal too. Will check again tough...

Edited by Razor18
  • Thanks 1

Im happy with this using warthog system (joystick ext)

Special options  AH64  

Cyclic trimmer - Central Position trimmer mode

Pedals trimmer mode - Pedals without springs and FFB  (MFG Xwind)

Controls setting using TMS switch on joystick

Force trim/hold mode - AL right  Button 8

Force trim/hold mode - AT left  Button 10

Force trim/hold mode - D down Button 7

Force trim/hold mode - U up   Button 9

Bring up red box for controls

Move stick into pos pull aft on tms centre and trim is set.

Works for me

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

5 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

I use the same, but it doesn't disables my pedal trim. When flicking Trim hat up, need to recenter pedal too. Will check again tough...

What are you using as an Input? I'm always referring to physical pedals as an input device.

With the "NO Spring, no FFB" option. The "Rudder" of the 64 will always be where your physical controls are. So without Springs, they stay put, with springs they return to center if released.

6 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

That sounds like the central trimmer option.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings