Two issues I've found so far....generator fail. No laser info on multiplayer

Mt5_Roie

Generator failure:

Start the Apache from cold start and go through getting her warmed up.  In the tutorial it says to check on generator one and two.  When I check on either one, it automatically fails.  So if I don't check on the generator - everything is fine.  Seems like checking on it causes the failure.

Laser Info Issue:

When playing in multiplayer I was a gunner and we were at the range.  I found a target and turned on the laser.  I didn't get any range info or the lines around the target to indicate the laser is on.  I though I forgot a step but the pilot said that from his TADS view he can see it the info.  I was able to laser and take out targets, just didn't have the info.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, Mt5_Roie said:

Generator failure:

Start the Apache from cold start and go through getting her warmed up.  In the tutorial it says to check on generator one and two.  When I check on either one, it automatically fails.  So if I don't check on the generator - everything is fine.  Seems like checking on it causes the failure.

Laser Info Issue:

When playing in multiplayer I was a gunner and we were at the range.  I found a target and turned on the laser.  I didn't get any range info or the lines around the target to indicate the laser is on.  I though I forgot a step but the pilot said that from his TADS view he can see it the info.  I was able to laser and take out targets, just didn't have the info.

When you check the generators, it's just to verify they are on. If the dot next to the GEN1 or GEN2 text is filled in, they are on. If the dot is hollow, they are off. You shouldn't have to touch these.

The laser needs to be powered to On on the WPN>UTIL page if doing a cold start.  Not sure if that was the issue, but it has been an issue for some players that don't perform this step.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

7 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

When you check the generators, it's just to verify they are on. If the dot next to the GEN1 or GEN2 text is filled in, they are on. If the dot is hollow, they are off. You shouldn't have to touch these.

The laser needs to be powered to On on the WPN>UTIL page if doing a cold start.  Not sure if that was the issue, but it has been an issue for some players that don't perform this step.

The laser issue was on a multiplayer server with a hot start apache.  The laser was working as intended.  I just wasn't seeing the symbology on my TADS that I would see when in single player flying by myself.  Specifically the range calculation and the X shape lines.

For generator issue, its the verifying them that seems to generate the issue.  Took a video of it today:

I am able to replicate the generator problem on both cold starts and hot started apaches.

5 minutes ago, Gogsie59 said:

Raptor9 said not to click on them only check that they are on. Read his reply again.

His reply made sense...but the question is on a real apache would pressing those buttons cause the generator to fail.  

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Mt5_Roie said:

His reply made sense...but the question is on a real apache would pressing those buttons cause the generator to fail.  

It wouldn't cause them to fail, hitting those buttons simply turns the generators off, but this generates a caution message of gen 1 or gen 2 failure. To turn them back on, you need to use the Generator Reset switch in the pilot cockpit.

And to preclude the next question of why the MPD buttons turn them off but the switches are needed to turn them on, if you turn off both generators, you lose MPD power, so you need a physical switch to reset the generators back on.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head