Very nice performance improvements from 2.7.10 to 2.7.11

Limaro
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Good afternoon,

as the performance topic is mostly boils up when it's getting bader, I wanted to open this topic to thank ED for the good work - of this time increasing Performance quite noticable.

In my benchmark tracks in Caucasus and Syria, I got these changes:

Caucasus
2.7.10 - 74.7 FPS
2.7.11 - 82.5 FPS + 10,4%

Beirut (Syria)
2.7.10 - 72.5 FPS
2.7.11 - 78.8 FPS + 8,7%

I am curious, if other also experianced this changes - Maybe, with many datasets, we can all help to keep development going in that direction 😀
My PC in short: Ryzen 7 3700X,  AMD 6900XT,  32 GB RAM, Windows 10

Regads

DxDiag.txt Performance_Fly_3_1_Caucasus.trk Performance_Fly_4_1_Beirut.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

• ED Team
  • Solution
3 minutes ago, Limaro said:

Good afternoon,

as the performance topic is mostly boils up when it's getting bader, I wanted to open this topic to thank ED for the good work - of this time increasing Performance quite noticable.

Caucasus
2.7.10 - 74.7 FPS

Beirut (Syria)
2.7.10 - 72.5 FPS
2.7.11 - 78.8 FPS + 8,7%

I am curious, if other also experianced this changes - Maybe, with many datasets, we can all help to keep development going in that direction 😀

Regads

DxDiag.txt 116.23 kB · 1 download Performance_Fly_3_1_Caucasus.trk 48.04 kB · 0 downloads Performance_Fly_4_1_Beirut.trk 42.16 kB · 0 downloads

Good to hear you are seeing an improvement, we are working on more currently. Results will vary from machine to machine I am sure. 

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

56 minutes ago, Limaro said:

Good afternoon,

Caucasus
2.7.10 - 74.7 FPS

Beirut (Syria)
2.7.10 - 72.5 FPS
2.7.11 - 78.8 FPS + 8,7%

Regads

DxDiag.txt 116.23 kB · 1 download Performance_Fly_3_1_Caucasus.trk 48.04 kB · 0 downloads Performance_Fly_4_1_Beirut.trk 42.16 kB · 0 downloads

Im also seeing a performance increase broadly in line with this. Roughly 8-10 fps accross the board irrespective of map or module. Would love to see if carrier ops are also improved but all those missions using the much required US Navy Equipment Mod are now broken and the carriers no longer show up in the mission.

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Strong05:

What resolution and settings in DCS are you using?

Ups. I made the screenshot, resized it in paint and .. then forgot to upload.... Here are my settings:

grafik.png

Hohe,Hoch = High, Aus = off

I have three extra screens with 800 x  1280 (vertical), which leed to that resolution. Main Screen is 4k.

EDIT: I made this whole performance stuff, as after update performance dropped enormously including many micro stutters. But Reason was: Deprecated or faulty Scripts. After deleting (and installing most recent), everything worked then even better - which first was suspicious to me 🙂

Edited by Limaro
Forgotten information

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

I was about to post a similar thread and wondering if it was just me or some placebo induced by my enthusiasm for the new ah64!

I was initially quite concerned that the Apache would kill my frames in vr. Imagine my surprise when the complete opposite happened. Not only are my frames better, but I’ve been literally on dcs all day trying to learn the ah64 in various maps with all settings on high, my g2 at 100% resolution and actually pushing 120 in per app. Msaa x2 af x16, mv and motion smooth enabled. I did not experience even one stutter today in several hours of testing. 

im using a 6900xt, 3800x cpu,.

I dont know what ED has done in the engine but it’s working for me. Everything is just going from strength to strength. 

I have also seen a performance improvement, but prior to installing the 2.7.11 patch I also updated both my chipset drivers and graphics card drivers, so it's hard to tell the exact cause of that improvement.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I have also seen a performance improvement, but prior to installing the 2.7.11 patch I also updated both my chipset drivers and graphics card drivers, so it's hard to tell the exact cause of that improvement.

Not a fan of updating drivers (if it works...)

There is indeed a notable boost over the previous version.

22 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

Not a fan of updating drivers

I've never had problems because of newer chipset drivers. It's the same with a new BIOS: they usually contain optimisations that can only keep performance at the same level, or improve it.
GPU drivers can be hit-or-miss, but rolling back to a previous version is quick enough and not the end of the world 🙂 

Depending on which version of Vulkan DCS is going to run with soon, we might be forced to use a specific driver model as minimum. AMD only supports Vulkan 1.3 in drivers released earlier this year, for example.

And then there's also compatibility with Windows: certain Windows features might not work with older drivers.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

4 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I've never had problems because of newer chipset drivers. It's the same with a new BIOS: they usually contain optimisations that can only keep performance at the same level, or improve it.
GPU drivers can be hit-or-miss, but rolling back to a previous version is quick enough and not the end of the world 🙂 

Depending on which version of Vulkan DCS is going to run with soon, we might be forced to use a specific driver model as minimum. AMD only supports Vulkan 1.3 in drivers released earlier this year, for example.

And then there's also compatibility with Windows: certain Windows features might not work with older drivers.

Personally i had issues with both AMD chipset drivers (soft locks) and Nvidia gpu drivers (stutters), but the actual point here is that you can notice a healthy improvement on an "outdated" system.

Vulcan will be a welcome addition, but i wouldn't expect it any time soon. Pretty sure my system will be obsolete by the time it gets implemented into DCS.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression the performance improvement has something to do with the trees in DCS, since even the Marianas map is playable for me now at low level 🙂 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I could be wrong, but I get the impression the performance improvement has something to do with the trees in DCS, since even the Marianas map is playable for me now at low level 🙂 

Can the same increase can be seen in areas where there is a distinct lack of trees like Nevada? (too lazy to look)

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

5 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

maybe, marianas in VR still not enjoyable, but al least is not a slide show anymore

• Like 1

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

• 3 weeks later...

Nice for everyone that their FPS is increasing but I’m playing with everything on max settings and I have the feeling that with each update the game starts looking uglier….

What do I mean with that? Well for example texture popping of objects in close range. 

Visibility set on extreme and I can’t see as far as I use to be able to see in the distance. 

Im sorry but I’m not excited with the route ED has taken to pump out more FPS for the general majority. Why even make settings as extreme and ultra when they don’t deliver what they are supposed to do. 

• Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

You do have a point . The LOD bubble is entirely to close in the interest of better performance .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I agree with the previous opinions, I also see improvements in FPS but losing graphic quality with the same configuration that I had. Especially in the shadows, and on the edges, like the lines of the runway, etc.

Edited by Magoote
  • Like 1

I have noticed a decreased rendering distance in trees and other stuff, guess that's the reason for the increased performance.
I haven't noticed it, but I haven't looked for it either. If that's indeed the case, it makes no sense at all, since we have both view distance presets and sliders. Why not let people who struggle with FPS lower their settings, while keeping the distances the same (or even increasing them)?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

7 hours ago, Harker said:
8 hours ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:
I have noticed a decreased rendering distance in trees and other stuff, guess that's the reason for the increased performance.

I haven't noticed it, but I haven't looked for it either. If that's indeed the case, it makes no sense at all, since we have both view distance presets and sliders. Why not let people who struggle with FPS lower their settings, while keeping the distances the same (or even increasing them)?

Noticed last night flying into Nellis, vegas has a mega LOD now.  Im sure others do as well

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

i play a mission in caucus a lot. i took some time off from it. i was flying another plane and mission was CAS. i got back to it and crashed near one of the targets i was after and got a good look at the LOD of the target and it was very detailed. also screenshot of some bullet holes in an A10.

2022-04-10-1541.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Well, got me curious so I did a test on 2.10... updated to 2.11... now DCS crashes during load... off to research and post log file somewhere...

add:  Ok, got that sorted....  I get about 10% FPS with 4 displays at these settings running Reshade

DCS Settings.png

Edited by Ddaddy
Additional Info and image settings
  • Like 1

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve noticed a performance increase as well. Seems like around the  10-15% range fps wise on 5120x1440 monitor with mostly high settings and draw at extreme. Even with track ir running, reshade turned on and DCS UFC app running through the export.lua file, on a free flight I’m easily hitting the 100-120 fps range( i have fps capped at 120 in nvidia control), 90-95 over dense cities and forests, compared to 95-105 and 75-85 over cities previous to recent OB update. But as others have stated it seems the pop-in is worse, the bubble right below and in the small area around the aircraft is much more noticeable. Especially the shadows on trees flickering  horrendously when looking around with track ir, at least on mine it does.  Not a big deal up high but at low altitudes its pretty annoying. I’d be perfectly content with lower fps if could push the draw distance out to about double what it is and the expand the max rendering bubble(not sure what to call it) out to about 1 one 2 NM , not 40 feet around the aircraft LOL Having those things adjustable in the UI would be great! 

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones