Very nice performance improvements from 2.7.10 to 2.7.11

Limaro
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

It's been months since I stopped to check in on DCS...  I'm getting way better performance on MP servers in VR than I was the last time I played.   I'm able to get away with 120hz/60fps with the index @ 150% ss.    If I run at native res I've seen 80-100 in the couple of cockpits I've tried and I can turn motion smoothing off.

I also have the option of plugging in the old samsung Odyssey and setting it to 60hz with 150% SS and getting 60fps with no form of reprojection..perhaps more I haven't put much effort into fine tuning my system yet.   And this is just sitting on the runway.   Should get better with altitude.   

I know this thread is a little old at this point, but I've been gone for awhile and I'm having a much better experience than I was with DCS for awhile there before I took a break.  I don't know if it was this particular patch mentioned or when things started improving but I would join an MP server and get framerates down in the 30s in VR.  So it's like I've doubled up since I've been gone.  

Took the Apache for a spin.    Slightly off topic but Virpil updated their software and firmware for my throttle that lets me get rid of Joystick Gremlin.   I think I'll end up seeing some of you in the virtual skies.  

Good stuff. 

Edited by Headwarp
  • Like 1
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.