A10 SHAKING

JabbyJabara

I thought it was my setup... It looks really bad and it makes me a bit nauseous flying with that shaking.

@BIGNEWY Any ETA on the fix?

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

A buddy and I also noticed this today in 2.7.11.21408 in the A-10C II. It felt like both engines were just about to rip themselves apart and take the rest of the jet with them. A slightly unusual sensation after not observing this kind of behavior in the past 10 years, not even when the aircraft was badly damaged at times. 😉

On 3/19/2022 at 1:25 PM, Ready said:

I thought it was my setup... It looks really bad and it makes me a bit nauseous flying with that shaking.

@BIGNEWY Any ETA on the fix?

Hope you got your waiting pants on.  A-10 has at least another 3 months before it even gets looked at.

1 hour ago, Gunnar81 said:

How do you know that? Did ED PM you and tell you that? Seems like a long time if you ask me..

Guesswork based on ED's typical pacing over the years (and multiple EA releases) and the fact that they have zero people working on the A-10.

• Like 1

They've been good at getting hotfixes out the door that are critical to a product. Give them a day or 4 to let them fix it. But otherwise you're pretty much correct since they havent touched this plane in over a year now.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

And i thought it is a feature. Actually, it feels more real, than a perfectly smooth behaviour. Lot of times I have been wondering why it is modelled on mig-21 only. I flew in ultralight in RL (being able to actually pilot it for a while), and it was definetly more shaky than the perfectly smooth fly with most of the DCS modules. Maybe the problem is that the shake in DCS is actually not on plane, but rather on instrument panels, which is probably weird.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

33 minutes ago, Wexler said:

And i thought it is a feature. Actually, it feels more real, than a perfectly smooth behaviour. Lot of times I have been wondering why it is modelled on mig-21 only. I flew in ultralight in RL (being able to actually pilot it for a while), and it was definetly more shaky than the perfectly smooth fly with most of the DCS modules. Maybe the problem is that the shake in DCS is actually not on plane, but rather on instrument panels, which is probably weird.

I welcome a shake for the added immersion inside VR, but this was not feeling realistic to me, more like a bug. But maybe it takes some time getting used to.

5 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

They've been good at getting hotfixes out the door that are critical to a product. Give them a day or 4 to let them fix it. But otherwise you're pretty much correct since they havent touched this plane in over a year now.

The hog could use some love.

11 hours ago, Thump said:

Hope you got your waiting pants on.  A-10 has at least another 3 months before it even gets looked at.

Let's hope it gets some attention soon. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Being shaken like that is not normal unless you're going through moderate turbulence. Most aircraft might have some vibration but unless you're in a weird regime, nothing of that kind of shaking actually happens. 

• Like 1

I've experienced this as well today and was really confused where this came from. I've never had this happen before in 10 years of flying the DCS A-10C.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

5 hours ago, Wexler said:

Actually, it feels more real, than a perfectly smooth behaviour.

I can only compare it to being a passenger in a jet airliner, and I know I didn't spill my drinks on those occasions. 😉

Being jet powered, why would the A-10 shake? I don't see any reason for that. And what I observed looked almost as bad as what the 777 pilots described who lost a fan blade right after departure out of Denver a year or so ago, where they couldn't even read the instruments due to the severe vibration of the aircraft.

If this shake effect is realistic, I'd be fairly surprised.

That shake is insane, I almost had to take my TrackIR off and walk away yesterday.

I've never been sick playing DCS, in 2D nor VR, and that yesterday, with whatever on earth that shake is, got me on edge.

HMCS even shaking around independently putting mark and steerpoints scribbling all over my screen until I was in a stable cruise, was a horrendous experience.

I don't know what happened with this patch, but the A10 for me is now unacceptable.

46 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

I can only compare it to being a passenger in a jet airliner, and I know I didn't spill my drinks on those occasions. 😉

Being jet powered, why would the A-10 shake? I don't see any reason for that. And what I observed looked almost as bad as what the 777 pilots described who lost a fan blade right after departure out of Denver a year or so ago, where they couldn't even read the instruments due to the severe vibration of the aircraft.

If this shake effect is realistic, I'd be fairly surprised.

Okay, I am not sure what you have in game, i have some shaking during takeoff but then it disappear (or i get naturally use to it, who knows - I didnt played since i read this post to focus on it). I am playing in Rift S. You are right that heavy jet cant be shaky as 500 kilogram ultralight:-D, have the same experience as you - as passenger in airliner.

Edit: I am playing usually with windy conditions and turbulences 1.5 m/s (15 in settings), dont know if that can be reason / shake strenght definer?

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

3 hours ago, Wexler said:

Okay, I am not sure what you have in game, i have some shaking during takeoff but then it disappear (or i get naturally use to it, who knows - I didnt played since i read this post to focus on it). I am playing in Rift S. You are right that heavy jet cant be shaky as 500 kilogram ultralight:-D, have the same experience as you - as passenger in airliner.

Edit: I am playing usually with windy conditions and turbulences 1.5 m/s (15 in settings), dont know if that can be reason / shake strenght definer?

Vibrations of any sort in an aircraft like that would ground the aircraft because it overstresses the airframe. Also the CII is a precision platform; kinda hard to be precise entering coordinates into the cdu when you cant even hold a finger still. Sorry, but I dont buy it. An ultralight only shakes like you say it do because its an ultralight. Ive flown a few Cessnas and Ive never experienced that amount of shake.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, Wexler said:

Okay, I am not sure what you have in game, i have some shaking during takeoff but then it disappear

I don't have any video recording set up, but I can guarantee you, when you see it you know what we're talking about. 🙂

Since it was already acknowledged by BigNewy, I'm sure things'll get back to normal shortly.

3 hours ago, Clepper said:

Low level flight is often bumpy

That is beautifully simulated in DCS. I regularly get these kind of bumps and turbulence near the ground in the A-10. But that's nothing like the shaking or vibrating of the airframe that I saw in the latest OB after climbing through 2000 feet AGL, and it just wouldn't stop.

16 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Vibrations of any sort in an aircraft like that would ground the aircraft because it overstresses the airframe. Also the CII is a precision platform; kinda hard to be precise entering coordinates into the cdu when you cant even hold a finger still. Sorry, but I dont buy it. An ultralight only shakes like you say it do because its an ultralight. Ive flown a few Cessnas and Ive never experienced that amount of shake.

I dont have that much shaky experience, although I am not using CDU during fly (low-experience), but i can easily use UFC to change code of laser on my TGP even with VR zoom during fly. I have totally unmodded game and play only SP. from RL flying i am pretty unskilled, i described just one single fly i had, and it was probably in light turbulences during climbing into hills. I just wanted to say that i expect a little shaking of airplane during take off, climbing etc. but not as severe as you guys describe here. I probably dont encounter this bug.

Literally did one of the takeoff "quick start" missions last night and almost had to give up even getting in the air because it was like half an engine was missing.

Can we get a more formal response ED? "Reported Earlier" isn't exactly helping us here....

Is the bug found and spotted and ready for the hotfix or what?

Because this is actually unacceptable.

49 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

Because this is actually unacceptable.

This is actually the OpenBeta that exists precisely so we find and report problems like this one.

If it was getting pushed into stable, I might be inclined to agree with you.

Right now the system is working exactly the way it's supposed to: There's a problem, it was reported and acknowledged, and now we have to wait for a fix.

• Like 2