Not enjoying DCS ATM

Hotpants

I carn't believe ive waited this long and now im wondering wether it was worth it

I built my Free Track system for the intention of seeing wether it was worth it before buying the NP one, now all this about NP and the marketing ploy has just disgusted me beyond belief.

Then ive got the X52 and I carn't use the program utility which came with it..It took me ages to do a config before it was available and the only way now is to do it in game.

At the moment not having a good time with BS, starting to wonder wether its worth the hastle. Don't get me wrong ive tried to fly it but its becoming impossible.

Looks its not a rant.. well partly...Can anyone please describe exactly how they programmed the X52 be it through the program util or in game, and freetrack / NP situation...well we will have to see, after this little stunt they have done, i won't be buying Sweet FA of them.

Also, why carn't BS take joystick commands like Lock-on? ie the config utility runs sweet in lock-on?

Thanks for your responses in Advanced, im sticking to Lock-on before i lose interest altogether.

Ryan

PS. Well done to all the team in making this project a reality and the time and effort involved. I love the interface and the music, menus, very well presented.

Edited by Hotpants
coffee rush, pressed submit by accident...opps

First off, someone already solved the FT problem using PPjoy.

Second, you can program the stick from either the Saitek software, or from within DCS. If you are having problems with doing so then describe exactly what's going wrong for you so that someone can help out. Include the steps you are taking to program your stick, and don't skimp out on anything ;)

DCS comes with built-in profiles for certain sticks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Russian version has a problem with newinput.dll and doesn't recognize complex keystrokes (like "CTRL+T"). URL to fixed file is somewhere on forum (probably the FAQ). However, I don't know if the same problem has made its way to English version, because I don't have it.

Workaround for problem with Freetrack is to use PPJoy interface and map virtual joystick's axes inside game for camera control. Full 6DOF will work, just you will need to take time and set it up.

I have X52 and my SST profile is lightweight:

1) Ejection macro (Ctrl+E+E+E) on button under cover.

2) Banded axis on ministick for lamp control ;

3) Button near ministick as left mouse button;

4) Clutch button for Teamspeak (Numlock);

5) Wheel button - select all pylons (U);

6) Wheel up - external pylons (Y);

7) Wheel down - internal pylons (I).

8) Throttle is made as direction axis to generate "F" and simulate collective brake;

Everything else is mapped inside game:

1) Pinky switch as modifier key;

2) 2nd trigger - fire canon and fire weapon (double map);

3) Pinky + 1st trigger (cannon switch);

4) POV Hat - Shkval movement;

5) 2nd Hat:

a) Left - Hover mode;

b) Up - Route mode;

c) Down - Descend mode;

d) Pinky + Right - Autopilot disengage;

6) Button C - Trim;

7) Pinky + Button C - Reset Trim;

8) Button B - uncage Shkval;

9) Pinky + Button B - center Shkval;

10) Button A - dashboard lighting;

11) Throttle - collective;

12) Slider - engine throttle;

13) Button D - auto lock;

14) Pinky + Button D - helmet mounted device;

15) Button E - launch flare program;

16) Pinky + Button E - stop flare program;

17) Throttle hat:

a) Up - Shkval narrow FOV;

b) Down - Shkval wide FOV;

c) Left - Shkval bracket size increase;

d) Right - Shkval bracket size decrease;

Everything else I do by moving head and placing mouse cursor on switches.

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

GGTharos, AFAIK PPjoy won't work with Vista x64 because the driver is not signed... If someone did manage to get it working with x64, would you please be kind enough to post a link, as I've been looking for a solution since the english release... I will probably just reinstall the russian version so I can enjoy 6DOF :/

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will look into the free-track laters tonight, regarding the X52 program utility, I use the program which came with the controllers, not the one of the Saitek web site as this wouldn't work with Lock-on.

I had my profile configured to the following

Mode 1 >Nav

Mode 2 >Weapons

Within these profiles i had the pinky going to other commands, shkval direction, cage size, Auto Hover etc but when i try this in game it doesn't work. when i try an config the pinky key in game it will not pick up on a 2 key compination

Ryan

Do you have the Russian or English version? I'm not terribly familiar with input bugs, but perhaps there is someone else who can help you with this.

Also search this forum - there have been some issues with the X-52 PRO.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You need to clear all in game bindings of joystick's buttons before making your own profile or you will get conflicts. Also, avoid mapping same buttons in Saitek profile and in game profile.

To use pinky as shift mode button via in game profile, you need to assign it as modifier button and when select it as modifier for different buttons. Example: 1)assign pinky as modifier 2)select Cannon switch; assign trigger to it; select pinky button from modifiers list in the same windiow. That will give you Pinky+Trigger.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

I carn't believe ive waited this long and now im wondering wether it was worth it

I built my Free Track system for the intention of seeing wether it was worth it before buying the NP one, now all this about NP and the marketing ploy has just disgusted me beyond belief.

Then ive got the X52 and I carn't use the program utility which came with it..It took me ages to do a config before it was available and the only way now is to do it in game.

At the moment not having a good time with BS, starting to wonder wether its worth the hastle. Don't get me wrong ive tried to fly it but its becoming impossible.

Looks its not a rant.. well partly...Can anyone please describe exactly how they programmed the X52 be it through the program util or in game, and freetrack / NP situation...well we will have to see, after this little stunt they have done, i won't be buying Sweet FA of them.

Also, why carn't BS take joystick commands like Lock-on? ie the config utility runs sweet in lock-on?

Thanks for your responses in Advanced, im sticking to Lock-on before i lose interest altogether.

Ryan

PS. Well done to all the team in making this project a reality and the time and effort involved. I love the interface and the music, menus, very well presented.

Sticking to Lock-on? You're pulling the short stick but it's your choice.

I have X52 from 2 years and 9 months and it works like a charm right with the first beta of BS I tried. SST works but it's waaaay worse than the built-in input feature. What exactly you can't program on your stick? BS has 500 key commands but I still have unmapped buttons (only 1 mode), unlike LO where I need more. Why do you think you have this interactive cockpit? All I need in flight to fly, navigate and fight I have on my HOTAS (90% it represents the real collective and cyclic sticks). Feels like hands free waaaay better than LO.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

sorry its the English version

My original post was that i was sticking with Lock-on until ppl got BS sorted...

If in my X52 program utility and i assign pinky + keys, these are not working in game. So I wanted to know why these commands are not being picked up in BS.

This then led to who has the same stick and to how they have got there X52 programed. ie to the extent of how much configured in the X52 program Util and in game allocations.

Regarding the clearing off assignments of keys in-game so they do not conflict with assignments in the X52 profiler, I have cleared these..

Ryan

Edited by Hotpants

Ryan

1. If you dont know the situation between FT and NP, then you have no right to bash NP. Educate yourself. :thumbup: Marketing ploy? More like IP protection. :doh:

2. The SST program was no problem at all. Make sure you have the latest SST software, and then do a search in this forums. I have posted a profile once already. I have no problem with pinky+ commands, and you do not have to reassign or delete ANY commands in the DCS input config.

Screw it, I know you will just rant about actually have to do some work to find or make a profile, and since its the Christmas season, I will post my latest.

And 3, what do you mean BS cant take joystick commands? Me thinks you havent really taken the time to try and use the software or anything. You gave it 5sec, you couldnt figure it out and you gave up.

As far as free track and drivers signing. Well either use EasyBCD to turn driver signing off permanently, or press F8 on boot to choose to disable it. A very well known 'problem' with Vista x64.

Jeez, does no one actually do any research anymore?

:pilotfly:

Have fun in LOMAC, BS is sorted here.

Black Shark v1.2.zip

Edited by =Prophet=

I have the Russian version, but I have my X52 programmed through the SST software and the pinkie button works fine. Most everything I need is on Mode 1....Shkval slew, zoom, and target brackets, uncage, center, trim and trim reset, hat views (in case I am not running my TIR4), inside and outside views and zoom, target lock, track IR center, flare dispenser, weapons selection.....works great. I would be happy to send you my profile if you want it.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

=Prophet=, the inputs are welcome, but the harsh comments are a bit less... I am truly sorry I did not search Google enough to your liking. Maybe some of us did not have a lot of free time to search for answers that much. Maybe some are looking for other ways then disabling OS features. That's why people go on any forums, to ask for help...

GGTharos, thanks for the link, altough I just reinstalled the russian version in my gaming pc and english version on in my second. Heck, I can even watch the trainings as I fly now :p

Cheers,

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply =Prophet= but if i wanted someone to imply im stupid or be sarcastic to i would of asked for it, but thanks all the same.

If your incapable of not reading my post, I made the profile up well before i got the game, actually just after the key assignments were available.

Point 3 - I have had the game since Thurdays, Ive been trying to sort my key commands out since then. So its come to the point that i need further help.

The problem is that these forums have links going all over the place, a thread to say that there is no TIR use in the English version now there is. Ive spent plenty of bloody hours on these forums to try and find what i need to know.

I put a post on here to ask a question, whats the bloody point when they have ppl like you on here giving scarcastic unconstructive comments.

Thank you very much, i won't be coming back on here anymore.

Now that is a rant, im a 35 year old professional engineer in the medical / aeronaughtical industry not a school child. Looks like theres no point coming to these forums in the future.

Enjoy

Now that is a rant, im a 35 year old professional engineer in the medical / aeronaughtical industry not a school child. Looks like theres no point coming to these forums in the future.

Enjoy

Not ever coming back to the official DCS forums because of the comments of one member? *That* seems more childish. Like you say, you're a professional adult, and hopefully you will be back in the future and I'm sure you will be welcomed.

In the meantime, please continue to ask questions if you have them, there are plenty of helpful people here who would be glad to help, I'm sure. :)

• ED Team

Hotpants, please attach your X52 profile here.

Added. Please note, that today, December 13, is a day off and ED stuff not in office. We can't reply as quickly as you want.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

prophet I tried your profile in my lil scree on my x52 it says black shark 1.2....................but in my black shark controls it still has my old set up that is very bad.I not very good with computers so this isnt easy for me........thks

2) Banded axis on ministick for lamp control ;

Thanks for these suggestions, but what is lamp control?

--

ASRock Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel 8600K @ 5.0| 16 GB DDR4 3000 | nVidia GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB M.2 | TrackIR 5 | Rift CV1 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Win 10 x64 |

Thanks for the reply =Prophet= but if i wanted someone to imply im stupid or be sarcastic to i would of asked for it, but thanks all the same.

If your incapable of not reading my post, I made the profile up well before i got the game, actually just after the key assignments were available.

Point 3 - I have had the game since Thurdays, Ive been trying to sort my key commands out since then. So its come to the point that i need further help.

The problem is that these forums have links going all over the place, a thread to say that there is no TIR use in the English version now there is. Ive spent plenty of bloody hours on these forums to try and find what i need to know.

I put a post on here to ask a question, whats the bloody point when they have ppl like you on here giving scarcastic unconstructive comments.

Enjoy

I didnt imply anything.

Oh excuse me for looking at thread that is stated "Not enjoying DCS ATM", and then is filled with nothing but a rant on Natural Point who is doing what they should be to protect their property and investments, and then another rant how how your X52 doesnt work.

Would have been much easier to just post a thread asking how to get your X52 working.

It is not about you asking for help, its about you ranting like a 6 year old. You claim to be a 35 year old professional engineer, but you sure didnt act like it in your first post.

And T.E.C. You can look all you want, but there is no way around driver signing in Vista x64 without actually disabling the function or getting the driver signed. Its a simple F8 when you boot, dont make it harder than it is.

• Like 2

I have the english version and a saitek x52. Use the game inputs to map your Saitek. By the way kudos to the devs for the great ingame key settings. What a joy to go into game and push a button on stick and it is mapped in game. I only use the saitek software for my Trackir inputs. Also the wheel brake is auto mapped to my rudders. Kudos again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi Hotpants

[if you want to move without losing stability]

autohover on(w/ 4autopilot function on) + director mode on + trim + joystick

[if you want to hover automatically]

autohover on(w/ 4autopilot function on) + director mode off + trim

[if you want to maneuver hard manually]

turn off autohover, director mode and trim(if you need to)

so, usually, autopilot + trim is the way of BS as manual said.

if you change direction by kicking pedal when you are hovering... perform trim

if you decide to moveforward, switch on director mode and...... perform trim

if you decided to hover... turn off director mode and.... perform trim

autopilot + trim trim trim trim trim is BS and our friend.:megalol:

............if im right.:pilotfly:

Edited by verana_ss
AHHHHHHHH sorry I didnt read your post correctly. what you need wasnt about manuevering but joystick input. sorry hotpants