"Home Plate" symbology

Mt5_Roie

So I've done all the tutorial missions and when flying to a waypoint you see that home plate symbol.  I created a quick mission for myself to learn the Apache and I set some waypoints.  But when I fly it, it doesn't show that home plate symbol.  Do I need to do something in mission editor to make that appear?

Also, since Apache has different waypoint types, is it possible to set those up in mission editor as well?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

easy one mate!

LOOK UP!

I'm sure your WP's are not set to ground level. So you have to look somewhere into the sky.

Set them to ground level in ME and you're good to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

On 3/19/2022 at 7:25 AM, Niehorst said:

easy one mate!

LOOK UP!

I'm sure your WP's are not set to ground level. So you have to look somewhere into the sky.

Set them to ground level in ME and you're good to go!

A perfect, concise answer!

Remember that when dropping waypoints (for any aircraft) in the ME the system likes to put them up in the air, usually around 6500ft IIRC. Dropping them down to ground level will make them much more accessible in the Apache.

Also, don't forget that in addition to the homeplate symbol itself you also get a steering cue on the heading tape at the top of the IHADDS display.

As for creating things like hazards and control measures, I don't think it's possible in the ME right now. Indeed, I suspect that in order for us to be able to do so would require a considerable rewrite of the ME itself. While it would be nice to have the ability to add them there, I don't see this as high priority right now. Single missions generally won't require too many points to be added from the cockpit, and I think for large-scale, theatre-wide MP missions it could prove to be a hindrance if the mission creators tried to add enough points to cover the whole battlefield. Remember, the aircraft can only store 50 WPs, 50 CMs, 50 TGs and 6 TRN points.

As a small side-note, I think that mission designers maybe need to consider the time it takes to add points when starting a mission. Many missions are created in such a way that they start as soon as you enter the cockpit. While that works for many aircraft, in the Apache it can take a few minutes to get all your points set up, so missions might benefit from using trigger zones to delay the action from starting until you are actually ready to go.

Edited by frostycab

18 hours ago, frostycab said:

As a small side-note, I think that mission designers maybe need to consider the time it takes to add points when starting a mission. Many missions are created in such a way that they start as soon as you enter the cockpit. While that works for many aircraft, in the Apache it can take a few minutes to get all your points set up, so missions might benefit from using trigger zones to delay the action from starting until you are actually ready to go.

You have read my mind. 😁. Most (if not all) of the Instant Action missions take TSD entry time into account in some fashion, usually not starting the "Action" until the Player is flying; sometimes it is pressing the SPACEBAR to clear the introduction message that tells the other units to start. The Single Player missions also take TSD time into account as part of the aircraft start up/set up process - not always as a function of the player's action (flying or SPACEBAR press) - sometimes a function of time. 

R/ Hangar 200

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 3/18/2022 at 3:10 PM, Mt5_Roie said:

So I've done all the tutorial missions and when flying to a waypoint you see that home plate symbol.  I created a quick mission for myself to learn the Apache and I set some waypoints.  But when I fly it, it doesn't show that home plate symbol.  Do I need to do something in mission editor to make that appear?

Also, since Apache has different waypoint types, is it possible to set those up in mission editor as well?

Also if your IHADSS  "symbology" is set to hover or bob-up, you wont see waypoint Homeplate symbol, you need to change to transition or cruise for waypoints to show up.