VR: IHADSS HUD Cocked to the Right?

GoodHope

Hey guys, in VR my IHADSS HUD symbology is slightly cocked to the right.  I've looked at Wags and Casmo's videos and it doesn't appear to be happening with them.  I've tried having both eyes and just the right eye with and without the monocle visible.  Any ideas what's causing this?

mine is the same way. Has about 3% of right roll to the HMD. Also get it on the A-10II as well

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...
  • NineLine changed the title to VR: IHADSS HUD Cocked to the Right?
  • ED Team

Hi 

please check you are not using any snap views 

C:\Users\bigne\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View

Please attach screenshots showing the issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have been using the mouse indicator locked to the headset as the reference point to do the bore sight and that has been taking care of the offset. Seems anything but right eye only has this issue. Honestly not even sure if it is a bug or just that since the source of the video is different it lines up with the IHADSS differently. [Which I guess would be bug like since it is unrealistic for the feed to be in the other eye to start with.]

30 minutes ago, saa said:

I tried taking a screenshot in VR but the IHADSS doesn't show up.

Which software is driving your VR? If it's SteamVR then you can go the menu and enable "Display VR View" to get it to open on your monitor. From there you can select which eye you'd like rendered to the screen and then screenshot that.

• ED Team
6 hours ago, saa said:

I tried taking a screenshot in VR but the IHADSS doesn't show up.

in the vr tab you can select which eye is mirrored, use right eye and then take the screenshot

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm using a Rift S through Oculus. I was originally using right eye. When I changed it to both I was able to capture the IHADSS in a screenshot. The image came out slanted to the right but if you compare the horizontal canopy framing to the IHADSS you'll see the tilt I was referring to. 

AH-64D_Oculus_Screenshot.jpg