TWS manual target promotion not bugging a contact after latest patch (17.03.22)

Moonshine

did some more testing:

Interesting enough, when trying to manually bug a contact, it changes the scan azimuth to 2 and the bar scan to 3 (correct), just like it does when a contact is bugged on your radar, however, no launch and steering information shows up for the current weapon and the FCR symbology does not show anything being bugged. 

that is until you get closer to the target (in my test somewhere around 32-36nm, also close to R Max) and suddenly it either automatically bugs the contact or you can manually promote it with no issues.

Track attached

TWS Target Promotion issue_Test2.trk

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 7

Same issue for me. If i TMS aft a bugged contract, this contract freezes, and stand stil on MFD. I have to cycle TWS/RWS, then contact is "released", and appear as it should again. 

This is an annoying bug, making radar work mutch harder. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, espenjoh02 said:

Same issue for me. If i TMS aft a bugged contract, this contract freezes, and stand stil on MFD. I have to cycle TWS/RWS, then contact is "released", and appear as it should again. 

This is an annoying bug, making radar work mutch harder. 

the Datalink contact being stuck und the HSD is an issue in RWS, while the contact bugging issue is in TWS. two separate things yet makes using any of the radar modes in A2A way too much work and often enough force you on the back foot during engagements because of that. i really hope this gets fixed. if one radar mode would at least work as intended, we'd have a workaround until properly fixed but like this, it kinda prevents you from taking A2A tasks unless self defense 

22 minutes ago, espenjoh02 said:

i belive this was not an issue in 2.7.10.19402 Open Beta

it's been the case since the january update in 2022. the radar modes were bugged since 2.7.10.18996 OB

before that, the main thing that wasn't working was that bugged targets didn't show on HSD, but this was less an issue than what we currently have with not updating Datalink in RWS and the in this topic demonstrated TWS issue with bugging targets