Can't get George to fire

Gunfreak

I have weapons armed, I've asked him to use hellfires, I get him to find targets, I choose an APC from the list but no matter how close I get it says 9999, the TADS isn't pointed at anything really, even when I ask him to store the ACP the TADS is just pointed in the distance.

I've now gotten him to lock the taget, dosn't mater if I give him free to fire(green) or give the fire command, he dosn't shoot, he say Engaging and nothing happens, I tried to give the command many times. Everything seems to be in order, he just dosn't shoot. 

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

11 minutes ago, -Matt- said:

Having a similar issue, he just says firing or engaging but doesn't follow through with with it. 

I've gone through all vidoes, and I can't see they are doing anything different from me.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Just now, Gunfreak said:

Yeah I could fire cannons and rockets.

with the hellfires, try set to LOBL instead of LOAL and see how it gets on. I think there are constraints which i have not got around to reading about just yet for the various LOAL modes.
LOBL works every time for me

• Like 1

Also had all setup for George firing, he repeated "Firing" or "Engaging" but he never fired. George was "Green State", Master Arm armed, I gave him a target via "slew to PHMS" and selected a tank.

• Like 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I had this today. I think it's a range issue. Depending on range and alt George doesn't like some targets. I switch to LOAL mode and then he would only fire once in range. So I believe this is connected to ranging, but I'm  behind the experts in the AH-64. However, I think that there is a work around. In LOBL, slave George to a target. Then don't let him fire, instead use your Pilot WAS switch --> Missile, then pull the trigger yourself, hold it, and the hellfire will shoot. George lases a target when you fire this way. I haven't tried it to do serious work, but I have used this method to shoot up buildings and such, and the missiles do track. 

16 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Also had all setup for George firing, he repeated "Firing" or "Engaging" but he never fired. George was "Green State", Master Arm armed, I gave him a target via "slew to PHMS" and selected a tank.

green is weapons hold i think...

EDIT: you are right Green is fire.

this is in the manual tho:

The on-screen interface outline changes color depending on the active rules of engagement (ROE) setting for George: • Green: Weapons Hold (same as the SAFE light on the Armament Panel) • Yellow: Weapons Free (same as the ARM light on the Armament Panel) The AI Interface commands have the following functions when used with the from the Pilot cockpit:

Edited by comcat
wrong info

I cant get George to fire either. I get the same issue, Weapons ARMED, George's selected weapon is AGM hellfire and tads is slewed to the selected ground target, Colour is green, consent to fire is pressed, George says "Engaging", however no AGM is fired off. I was way below the 10km mark. George will fire off guns and rockets, but not Hellfires.

I have no idea what im doing wrong, or if George just works 50% of the time.

• Like 1

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

mhh for me he did not fire in these scenarios. I had the TADS on my left MFD as Pilot so I could see what he was doing.

Now sometimes he targets TANKS or what ever through trees and then he looses line of sight completly and can reacquire them before firering.

So he says lock and then looses it but there is no status/voiceline that he lost it and then he holds/drifts the TADS in the area around the Target.

Another Problem I encountered was when relativly close about 4km It look like i was in constrains but I had to dive the nose pretty hard then he would launch and I could pull the nose up again.

So far I have not been able to get George to fire with LOAL. Works perfectly with LOBL. Not sure what the problem is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

As a side note here, I had a similar issue with George not firing, turned out that I had to jump in the from seat (CPG) and turn the laser on myself (WPN>UTIL>LASER), once I did this then I havent had any issues getting him to fire.

As a side note here, I had a similar issue with George not firing, turned out that I had to jump in the from seat (CPG) and turn the laser on myself (WPN>UTIL>LASER), once I did this then I havent had any issues getting him to fire.

Oooh, I’ll try that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 1 month later...

same issue in LOBL hellfires he says he is firing and I have the heli in good firing position . I get shot down after he tells me he is engaging and firing even when I give consent to fire he doesnt. Hellfires armed and showing ready to fire and lasing target ?? Getting shot down a lot due to this.

HELP

Edited by Mart57

20 minutes ago, Mart57 said:

same issue in LOBL hellfires he says he is firing and I have the heli in good firing position . I get shot down after he tells me he is engaging and firing even when I give consent to fire he doesnt. Hellfires armed and showing ready to fire and lasing target ?? Getting shot down a lot due to this.

HELP

If I keep giving him consent to fire, eventually he fires. But yes, I get the same sometimes.

This is in multiplayer BTW...

Edited by CaptHawk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Mart57:

HELP

Please provide a (hopefully short) track reply if you can reproduce the problem easily. Without a trackfile it is close to impossible to be of help in this particular topic, thy.

Not sure if it belongs here but I don't feel like starting a topic over one single question. How do I get George the CPG to target the other guy? For instance, in the Persian Gulf ASW quick mission I have to sink a sub. I tell George to find targets for the Hellfire. He presents a list of targets. I select one, he brings the TADS to bear and on my MFD I see it's not a sub. How do I go back to the target list? I did it once or twice by accident but can't remember how.