Poll: Should a DCS:BS Demo Be Developed?

blaster454

Poll: Should a DCS:BS Demo Be Developed?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Should a DCS:BS Demo Be Developed?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only if it doesn't delay other development work
    • No

Seems some are waiting for the demo if it is to be developed and released. Others are satisfied with either the RU or English download versions and still others are waiting for the CD release.

The Poll question is: Should ED spend resources on developing and releasing a Black Shark demo?

My response is no, precious resources should be devoted to ED's planned tasks (releasing the A10, maybe further engine development, who knows?). After saying that I was not going to get involved with BS, when the English version was released I took the plunge and purchased. And I am very happy ... this is perhaps the best flight simulation I have seen since PC's first appeared (that is IMHO, of course :thumbup:).

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Definetly no.

Demo from a simulator won't work ever. Expecially in this. This only has 1 accurately detailed chopper to screw around with. Demo would show too much of a full game. Think about it. If you are able to fly with a Ka-50 in a demo it basicly covers 80% of the sim. Maybe if you put some time limit to it like 5mins or so. But then someone will hack it to have unlimited time. Nah, forget it.

But this is just IMO.

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

they don't have to develop anything for a demo.. just chop a piece off and let those of us that are on the fence see if we want to blow $50.00

:helpsmilie:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I know bunch of people who are not hard core simmers but said they find BS interesting and would give it a try if there was a demo. So, yes. I think there should be one and could potentially bring in more customers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I think its a question best left to ED. If they feel it will boost sales and revenue, then certainly they should do a demo. The more $$$ they make the more motivated and able they are to develop the next module of DCS. We ALL want them to do well with BS, because how well they do with it determines how many more modules we all get.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

wasnt the 25$ RU version a demo?? LOL no, what could be gained in a demo? It is what it is.... GREAT!!! I feel Demos are for the "arcade" type. And this Should never be marketed as such. (delete the "game mode" with the first patch) If your a sim pilot... youll love it... simple.

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals