Update fails : "servers are unable to complete your request"

Oldfox

Hi everyone!

Finally have some time to test the Apache but can't update, just got  "servers are unable to complete your request" when I try.

Is this a known issue with current network state or how can I solve this?

Thanks a lot!

00000.000 === Log opened UTC 2022-03-18 20:58:55
00000.037 INFO : DCS_Updater/2.13.2.109 (Windows NT 10.0.19043; Win64; fr-FR)
00000.037 INFO : src-id: fb5dce9ae743149e778d34791749911c50b8976c, lib-id: 6e6a15cad57b3b9f322e07cd1850b7afdc52714f
00000.037 INFO : cmdline: "F:\Software\DCS_World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" apply 8d9132f0-da42-4bfc-962b-c36030144234 40952
00000.201 STATUS: Initializing...
00000.337 INFO : basedir: F:\Software\DCS_World
00000.337 INFO : variant: openbeta
00000.339 INFO : Command: update 2.7.11.21408.1
00000.462 INFO : DCS/2.7.9.17830 (x86_64; EN;  WORLD,SPITFIRE-MKIX,RAZBAM_M-2000C,A-10C,KA-50,NORMANDY_terrain,WWII-ARMOUR,FA-18C,PERSIANGULF_terrain,RAZBAM_AV8BNA,AJS37,UH-1H,UH-1H_ARGO_campaign,HEATBLUR_F-14,F-16C,BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_3_campaign,KA50-REPUBLIC_campaign,BALTICDRAGON_M2000C-REDFLAG_campaign,NEVADA_terrain,SUPERCARRIER,A-10C_2,MARIANAISLANDS_terrain)
00000.462 INFO : branch: openbeta
00000.464 STATUS: Downloading version info...
00000.551 ERROR: Conection to server 'cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Couldn't resolve host name
00000.551 STATUS: Servers are unable to complete your request. Please, try again later.
00007.112 === Log closed.

I am actually seeing this as well on a fresh install.   No log is generated but after successful install I try to launch the updater and I get an error pop up.  I assume something is going on with the servers?

---------------------------
DCS Updater 2.9.4.76
---------------------------
Servers are unable to complete your request. Please, try again later.

image.png

Worth mentioning this link is not accessible.  I think something is going on DCS server side... http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Looks like my Gateway may be blocking the DCS CDN.  Their CDN appears to be on some naughty lists.

Edited by jarz
adding info

1 minute ago, jarz said:

@CH4Pz check out my solution here.  There may be some larger thing going on with DNS here that causes a lot of different issues, like this... 

Oh, i do run cloudflare DNS, but like you i dont wana run google either, but at the moment, it seems to be downloading. see if it makes it through this time?!! cheers for the info though@jarz

I already downloaded and updated everything,  so no longer needed.  That said I downloaded the updater within the same hour as attempting to update.  So unless the updater on the site under downloads was out of date, the updater version wouldn’t matter.  Maybe that doesn’t get updated?

Thanks for the info!

Edited by jarz

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2022 at 10:34 AM, maximov said:

It helped me too. Thank you!

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

This server problem is still ongoing.  It appears to happen around the time any update is posted.   The DCS servers seem to be unable to support the workload.   If its a DNS issue, I surely don't know how to fix it.

I can't update since Friday.

Have 00037.563 ERROR: Conection to server 'cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Timeout was reached

Even repair doesn't work.

I tried download on my laptop to make sure there is something wrong with my PC. Still no luck. Same error

Tried to share internet from my phone, same error.

Cannot open updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com also

Dcs opens and works with old version 2.8.6.41066

I don't know what to try else. Please help.

dcs.log autoupdate_log.txt

8 minutes ago, Ironmexx said:

I can't update since Friday.

Have 00037.563 ERROR: Conection to server 'cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Timeout was reached

Even repair doesn't work.

I tried download on my laptop to make sure there is something wrong with my PC. Still no luck. Same error

Tried to share internet from my phone, same error.

Cannot open updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com also

Dcs opens and works with old version 2.8.6.41066

I don't know what to try else. Please help.

dcs.log 146.78 kB · 0 downloads autoupdate_log.txt 29.76 kB · 0 downloads

Have you tried re-logging into the ED website?

Try this then test on a secure tested network

Hi @Ironmexx. What does your web browser show when clicking on this link: cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com ?

If you can't reach the website, it means it's a DNS error. In this case, check your PC and router DNS settings (yoru PC should rely on your router through DHCP, and your router should specify a proper DNS address).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I solved the issues. Thanks ED. Wrote ticket to support and they help me found out that my ISP provider is blocking some ip addresses. cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com and also update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Now I'm using VPN and have no more problems to update.

Maybe it will help someone else.

Here is the list what to check if you have fails to connect servers:

Check if your windows auto tuning level is enabled by opening CMD with admin, then paste:
netsh interface tcp show global

if its not enabled enable it by:
netsh int tcp set global autotuning=normal

Check if the IPv6 protocol is enabled in the network adapter settings.

Try to manually change DNS server for IPv4 to free DNS from Google 8.8.8.8
https://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Try connecting an internet cable to your computer directly, bypassing the router.

If that doesn't help try using a VPN like Windscribe:
https://windscribe.com/

This VPN gives you 10GB of free bandwidth per month.

Also, if you have the opportunity, try connecting the Internet from a 4G smartphone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For some reason, DCS cannot reach the update servers:

00040.274 ERROR: Conection to server 'cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Timeout was reached

Try these solutions:

1. Reboot your router.
  2. If you have ever added manually set these Windows environment variables, remove them: "http_proxy", "https_proxy".
  3. If you are using Cloudflare DNS, well don't.
  4. Try disabling your firewall and/or your antivirus before updating DCS.
  5. If you are using a VPN, disable it and see if it solves your issue.
  6. Ensure IPv6 protocol is enabled in your network adapter settings.
  7. Try Google DNS servers.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.